ToV Fighter Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Regolas, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Starting a thread to discuss best options for gear in the new xpac when it's released (and any info from beta that won't be lost)..

I've got 3 fighters to gear up, and currently it sounds like a PITA to do in terms of stat juggling.

I'm hearing that, assuming it stays this way, that it's better to take the "ability" set and reforge cast speed and AB mod to autoattack stats for the DPS set.

The defence set is sounding pretty horrible in terms of stats other than HP, block and mitigation. What stats do they have to reforge out of?

What's everyones plans in terms of how they'll gear up?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I have found that your probably going to take at most 3 HP/MIt/Block sets just pick which one you want to focus on Block or Mit. Then you probably will want a DPS Item or two and a Reforge (Abilty Mod) one. There is on "all in" on one gear set. There are at least 5 full Legendary Sets it seems to pick from as a Tank.

Tanking is not going to be brain dead anymore, gods knows I have awaited that.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

Estred,

Realistically what range of "tank stats" should you be looking for from this gear? Is it going to be possible to have one rounded set armor-wise?

Looking at your profile, a good raid level seems to be around 10k mit, 100% block, 50% hate.

Maybe 10-15% less for a heroic toon.

So aiming for those figures off the few "defence" pieces then add the offensive stuff.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Well that is all in CoE stuff. I try to maintain as close to that area as I can. I know that most of my upgrades will have to be Fabled, Legendary in ToV will not cut it because I simply loose to many stats for the HP increase. On Beta I have 357K HP but still maintain 600 MA and most usual high stats.
  5. Thand Well-Known Member

i use 1 HP mit armor 2 HP block armors and 3 Melee auto-attack armors and my Coe raid forearms to get enough to reforge into everything and still keep a semi decent dps and defense as a monk.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

I don't know I decided to take the full defense set in beta and its working out pretty well for me.

I do miss my current dps (its gone down a noticeable amount) but so far I haven't switched out any of my CoE Ethereal and haven't been regretting it.

First thing I'm going to do when ToV goes live, is reforge my current gear for as much dps as I can and go from there.

*edit* Thing I disliked the most was having to re-adorn for crit chance, I do not like the new requirements at all and think they are too high. It is almost as bad as the DoV "You can adorn for whatever you want, as long as its crit mit!" era.
  7. guard Active Member

yeah I have done a little testing of my currant gear and can not reach 600dps without sacrificing a lot of other stats I want to keep
  8. Rasttan Member

Use Purple adorns
  9. Rasttan Member

One thing i think needs changed is that since plate armour pieces have higher mitt which they should being hard metal
    that leather pieces should have a bit higher block than the plate equivelents since they should be more flexible and allow
    better ability to dodge...etc.
    The leather set gives up mitt has the same stats exactly as the plate sets, it should have a small avoidance advantage
  10. guard Active Member

pow and coe armour haven't got purple slots
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Plus you won't be able to buy them without farming the currency first.
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

I've played around with the plate pieces, and I'm finding it quite hard to better my current stats.

I can improve my block chance (which is lame on live) to a mediocre level, but I loose a massive amount of mitigation and other blue stats.

Completely overwhelmed by the quantity of gear available and what to mix and match. All I can say is I'm glad I'm doing it now on beta so I have half a clue what to get come release
  13. guard Active Member

I haven't done that much on beta from what I have seen it is going to be a big pick and mix of gear to try and get all the stats you want/need
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

I know I have a mix of Legendary Gear and I have solo.
    11,003 Mitigation (12,250 with one Temp and 13,065 with both Temps)
    45% uncontested Avoidance.
    514,477 HP (~600,000 When fighting)
    58% Hate
    611 DPS
    272 Haste
    125 MA
    0 AE-Auto (76.7 without Focused Offensive)
    85.1 Flurry (8.4 without Focused Offensive)
    72.4 Reuse
    50 Recover
    30 Casting
    447 Crit Bonus

I pretty much hit most places I need to be Solo and it only gets easier in groups. Really examine what gear you have because I know if I can do it with a PoW Shield/Weapon still I am sure others can on all accounts except Flurry because well that's the Guardian's Single-Target spell.

And this is only a balance build, I could have a full set of pure DPS gear and just do nasty in reckless if I can stay reckless. I wouldn't worry too much. I think what we are seeing here is a system case of people not knowing what to do because they are accustomed to having everything handed to them. Itemization has been "all items have all stats" for so long players don't know how to min/max their gear.
  15. Bashem Well-Known Member

Well I was off a yr until aug and came back new to CoE and a lot of other things ah blah blah. Ok let me try to stay on topic :) here. With my Zerker will I need to have separate ToV gear for different roles or can I be effective enough for just on set of gear which is what I am hoping. Otherwise for tanks how many sets you think will be needed I dont RAID atm but could in future.
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

In Sentinels Fate tanks kept 2 sets of gear, one for "hard" tanking and the other for "DPS" with ToV you can probably get by most content on a Balance of tank and dps gear. As I posted above I have a mix of gear and that is what I could make. I could probably have about 100K more HP but I would lose on DPS on all areas.
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

Ok Estred, help a brother out.

I have an Zerk, SK and Brawler.

All currently on live with a mix of heroic gear and the odd raid piece. (bruiser has more raid stuff but really only EM).

Can you provide me with the armor type for each slot that you've got those stats for? Lets ignore the non-armor for now, but please be specific for the armor.

I've only tried the zerk out, but I'm struggling.

So the choices we have are: block/hp, mit/hp, ability, autoattack

What goes on the following slots and what do you reforge? If you have a dps set and a defensive set, can you tell me both?

Head:
    Shoulders:
    Forearms:
    Chest:
    Gloves:
    Legs:
    Boots:
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

Mix Set:
    Head: Ability (Reforged Mod to DPS)
    Shoulders: Auto-Attack (With Block Purple Adornment)
    Forearms: Auto-Attack
    Chest: HP/Block (With Mitigation Purple Adornment) (Reforged Cast Speed to DPS)
    *** Though if you later can reforge Recovery instead of Casting swap this Reforge. Casting is more important for Quick-casting your Temp Spells than Recovery is).
    Gloves: HP/Mitigation
    Legs: HP/Block
    Boots:Auto-Attack (Reforged Attack Speed to Strikethrough)

As you can see with the Block Adorn for 14% and the Mitigation for 13.5% you pretty much get an armor pieces benefit from your Adornment.

DPS Set is adding a DPS Chest and DPS Legs/Gloves depending on your fancy you will probably have as much HP as a Scout if your in "DPS" mode and you should act like a scout meaning make sure your Hate Mod is a low as possible so any +Hate you have should be swapped to -Hate if possible.

Defensive Set is less viable than it was in SF due to how things seem to be meshing up I would have to try tanking a raid in a full set of HP/Mit and HP/Block gear. My Guardian's Banner of War has Utter Annihilation and Harrowed Madness on it for a whopping 95 DPS mod. So I actually just decided to lower my reforge to have only 580 DPS Mod so that way with only one proc I max my DPS Mod while maintaining 40 Cast Speed for my temp-spells.
    Regolas likes this.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll test this out on beta this week. Really appreciate the guidance.
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Well I couldn't get near my mitigation levels on live with that gear.

But broke the 1000 mark using the Mitigation pieces for chest, shoulders, gloves, legs and boots.

Got my dps up to 600, but haste and MA need a little, and my Strikethrough and block are very low :(

Noticed that going from your setup at 7000 mitigation to mine at 10000 only made a 3% difference in percent. 69% instead of 66%. Wondering if its worth it