ToV Fighter Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Regolas, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

one think i notices is there are no more specific monk weapons with block chance. Over all my block chance and mitigation will drop alot in this expansion
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

When a boss hits for 712K which I have had happen. That 3% means a lot more than you would think. A few thousand Mit is the difference between a Plate and Leather tank. Also I have it confirmed that Hate Mod still caps at 100%

That is correct, they want healers to have to heal more and not just Ward all damage. So it will be important to work with both types of healers.
  3. Breta Well-Known Member

What's correct about brawler's weapon not having any block chance? To make it more in line with your above statement shields shouldn't also have any block chance whatsoever.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

I never meant to say that it was correct that Brawler Weapons had no block chance. What I meant was it was correct that Mitigation and Avoidance are meant to drop. I hope that clears it up a bit.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

Your other items are probably really helping.

Ultimately I'm sacrificing one of the following:

Block or mitigation

And that's on a zerker who doesn't have to worry about AE auto so I reforge to dps mod.

It seems that if I go the block gear route, I'm low on mitigation, and vice versa.

Is it better not to get hit? Ie block (uncontested) more important?
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Varies by class. I have the PoW Teku Shield which probably accounts for my decent Avoidance because it has 30.6 Block Chance on it versus the Beta Shields 20.6 so I went with Mitigation on Armor. I also have passive boosts for Block Chance so again, depends on the class. Zerkers heal when struck so for them it's probably better to go Mitigation.
  7. Silzin Active Member

I did see some of the Gear that comes from the Advanced Solo zones on the tester that had 7.5 Block on it for Brawlers, but the other stats are just not worth it to me... not sure... I will have to see what i can actually get when this trash goes live...

Estred btw with the stats you posted last page you will Destroy any brawler that would ever attempt to compete for a MT position for a Single named fight. You will have us by a large amount on both DPS and Survivability... ya Brawlers may do the job, but why would you want to bring one when any plate tank will do the job better...

Its going to be a Hard Xpac for any Brawler trying to tank.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

After seeing Zues' thread on mitigation in the beta forums, I'm wondering if my copy got bugged too. I'm going to start from scratch again with my zerk and recopy him over to see if his mitigation levels are the same from live to beta. I don't understand why it's so low that I need mitigation everything to get to my live levels, as I'm sure my live gear doesn't have +mit on everything

Edit - all but forearms and gloves do. But we'll see after the recopy
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

So my live stats, and this gear is very basic stuff (collection, AS fabled, etc) has 56.4% mit increase from gear (unadorned, 9 items total) and 53.8% block (excluding shield, but with BG ears, 8 items total).

In order to get these stats back, well, it's impossible with the beta buffer gear and also have other blue stats around soft cap.
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

When this goes live expect these forums to be blaring with angry tanks. They need to add mitigation and avoidance to all of the armor pieces and not just one set that will be difficult to accumulate. Until that happens, I recommend you guys not mute any piece of gear that drops with a small mit % on it. So you guys know, there are purple adorns for armor slots that have 14.2% mit on them though. Terrible shame that we're going to be forced into using them instead of some of the other uber purple adorns. :(

Edit: Correction. They are now 13.5% and only on chest. Also, the purple adorns that offered 100% immunity to fear, stifle and stun have been changed to mage/priest only. :mad:

[IMG]
  11. guard Active Member

you using the heroic gear as on my zerker i got 11162mit 9804 avoidance while using a 2 hander 416k hp and have all the usually 600dps 200 odd ma and haste and reuse is up at about 92%
  12. Regolas Well-Known Member

Think it's the AS gear, for testing heroics.

I've played around some more and managed to keep my mit at the same as live. Ultimately though I don't think I've gained much, even in the cb department, and I'm down on potency.

Not sure how valuable pot is to tanks. I know my zerker has one of the least effects of reckless so probably not worth worrying about or sacrificing purple adorns to pot.

My bruiser is probably the same. And no idea which way to go for SK. Probably all the same way for the tanking stats
  13. guard Active Member

my full stats are
    530cc
    460cb
    312pot
    3k ab mod was 6k but dropped it down to up my st and accuracy
    53 hate gain
    96 reuse
    56 cast speed
    32 recovery
    600 dps
    200 haste
    224ma
    101ae
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep I use the Advanced Solo Gear for testing Heroics and I managed to balance out all my stats with 10K Avoid and 11K Mitigation even while keeping my DPS stats, I don't mind using a Block and Mitigation Adornment since they actually allowed me to take a piece of DPS gear instead of tank-gear. That is what Adornments are for.
  15. Regolas Well-Known Member

OK, after much deliberating here is my stats and gear choices (live/beta in live gear and reforged/ToV AS gear - not jewelry, thats still CoE stuff)

HP - 67209 / 185111 / 395222 (can actually go to around 430k with that 20% rune)
    Mit - 10523 / 10523 / 10372
    Avoid - 16544 / 16544 / 14877
    CC - 446.5 / 446.5 / 525
    CB - 310 / 310 / 396
    Pot - 271 / 271 / 271
    AB Mod - 1226 / 1226 / 5939
    DPS - 168 / 539 / 643
    ATK - 286 / 297 / 216
    MA - 563 / 215 / 184
    AE Auto - Myth 100%
    Flurry - 17.5 / 14.1 / 4.1
    Block - 99 / 99 / 88
    Hate - 39 / 52 / 82
    Strikethrough - 38 / 30 / 26
    Cast Speed - 19 / 23 / 39
    Reuse - 65 / 39 / 62
    Recovery - 30 / 30 / 48
    STR - 4385 / 4385 / 5208
    STA - 4401 / 4401 / 6937

Head - Mit/AB - reforge AB to DPS - CB adorn
    Shoulders - Mit/Atk - reforge atk to DPS - Block adorn
    BP - Block - reforge cast speed to DPS - Mit adorn
    Forearm - HP - no reforge - Pot adorn
    Gloves - Mit - reforge reuse speed to DPS - Hate adorn
    Legs - Ab Mod - reforge reuse to DPS - CB adorn
    Boots - Reuse speed - reforge reuse to DPS - CB adorn
    Bow - ATK one - reforge to DPS
    Shield - Reuse one - reforge AR to Hate gain
    Primary - Atk sword - reforge ATK to strikethrough
  16. guard Active Member

I would up your strikethrough more and accuracy depending what that is at
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

What should I sacrifice to up Strikethrough?

And I thought accuracy was broken...

Keep in mind I don't generally raid tank. I try to do HM heroics if I can though.
  18. guard Active Member

I have noticed in act as you now hit 7 times harder rather than 7 times miss or blocks cost you a lot more seems the sweet point is about 50 st and 30-35 accuracy. I achieved it by using cast speed and haste white adorns then reforging the extra stats so
  19. Extremeties Member

What number if any are you guys pushing for ability modifier post changes? I'm sitting around 8k but not sure if it's doing a whole lot. I can feel the DPS changes big time but AM changes I'm unsure. I'm also trying to figure out a good mix of gear for a mix of survivability and dmg. You guys upgrading the dungeon pieces with with the yellow gems?
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

5-8K should be all you need as a Fighter, if anything Crusaders will have the highest Ability Modifier due to their use of some harder hitting spells.