Too Many House Items as Quest Rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Robert, May 19, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

umm- i don't think that is quite why he was griping. there could have been some other choices (recipes are nice- yeah i loved that one). we who love crafting often are irritated when a line is biased towards adventurers (not that house items have anything to do with crafting- i am talking about playstyle choices) and those of us who like to solo get peeved when there is only group or raid content. it shouldn't be so surprising that adventurers might not care for housing items- though some adventurers are great decorators.

with a lot being said lately on these forums about trying to accommodate a variety of playstyles, his request is not out of line. in fact it is reasonable.

Can people please stop trying to squash other people's freedom of speech and expression? with the permission of the gm i post this reply to one of my suggestions (not this one):
    so see, soe really does want us to make suggestions on the forums about our ideas and what we want to see happen. after all, it is everyone's game.
    Layla Littlenymph and Livejazz like this.
  2. Tfoca Member

most quest reqards that you get house items are easy quests....I dont like it when people want hand outs....go collect 5 berries oh quest reward 1h sword 500 str 500 Stam proc insta win the game
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

We've had food & potion rewards on quests that are the same relative ease as most of those that hand out house items. They weren't anything to get excited about. I think quested house items tend to have more value on the broker, so if you really don't care for them, you can make a decent amount and get rid of them quickly.
    Livejazz likes this.
  4. Estal Well-Known Member

All quests are trivial anyway except for the ToV HQs, even the quest lines are trivial, they are just 100 times fetch me 5 rat hides.
    I say we need more quests that are pain in the backside like the epics (back then when they where new).

As for house items as quest rewards, they do have one upside, they work in any expansion, for example the statues from the various Kael zones still look nice no matter how completely irrelevant the equipable gear from the zones is, so in a way it helps keeping old content viable no matter how old it is.
    Layla Littlenymph and Avahlynn like this.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

Can't believe this is a real complaint.
    a) You get a complete set of gear doing the quests which are pre-reqs for the sig line
    b) You do the advanced solo zones during the sig line which reward you with equivalent/better gear than the overland quests.
    Livejazz and Avahlynn like this.
  6. Veeman Active Member

Here's my take on it. There should almost never be a house item reward on quests. There should be instead better, MUCH better Carpenter recipes to make all this stuff. Having a tradeskill person that is only good for making boxes on a rare occasion is just sad. Thank goodness for all the additional crafting options now available for all tradeskills. I don't even remember the last time I made a piece of furniture with my carpenter, probably when I leveled him up. As for the problem with getting gear that you would never equip, that's why they came up with transmuting.
    Livejazz likes this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

A carpenter can make ~4000 unique items. That's a lot to sort through. I'm actually glad to see items rewarded over recipes. I like it even more when you get to buy the house items off a merchant in the specific area or do a repeatable to get more pieces.
  8. Livejazz Well-Known Member

There are very few options SOE could take on this issue which would displease me. Now, watch them take that as a challenge :rolleyes:
  9. Estal Well-Known Member

Crafting needs a big revamp regardless of what adventure quests give as a reward.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

If you decorate or create things for those rare decorators who don't like to craft or have no carpenter, then you will certainly make a lot more than just boxes.
  11. Chewintar New Member

Agree with OP.