Too Many House Items as Quest Rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Robert, May 19, 2014.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Make a dungeon, trustee all of your alts, and dump house items there. I've started making specialty dungeons - one for each holiday, and with various themes like ToV trees.
    suka likes this.
  2. Balbasur Active Member

majority of crafters are decorators :) :) :) :)
  3. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Bulbasur trolls all ends of the spectrum.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  4. Kaedian66 Active Member

Interesting idea, I'll have to try that. Naturally it would require the Dungeon Maker "feature" which might not be an option for some, but it is certainly an option. Thanks for the tip.
  5. Vallaria Member

That's a really good idea, and while I personally would love to see more house items as rewards for quests the option between a house item or a power item is a good idea.

I wish some of the older quest gear items, had the option of being house display items though.
    Livejazz, suka and Rhodris like this.
  6. DreadRoberts Active Member

FIFY. ;)
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to do what it takes to realize that option (i.e. purchase either the adventure pack or the Dungeon Maker access) has access to that option. So it is still an option for them, but the advantages provided by those purchases aren't enough (to those that won't pay for them) to warrant their purchase. A person that doesn't have access to something, and doesn't want to do what it takes to gain access to that thing, doesn't have a reason to complain* that they don't have access to it.

But, to get back to the actual topic of the thread, if they were to implement a choice, it probably wouldn't be very long before we had some adventurer / decorators on the forums claiming that it is a 'slap in the face' (or other similar histrionics) that they are being forced to choose between their playstyles. I'm not saying that they shouldn't put the feature in, just that they should be aware of the probable result of doing so**.

* I am, however, quite aware that lack of a reason to complain is usually insufficient to deter some forum posters from complaining.
    ** I base this upon similar reactions to different features being implemented. Like when they reconfigured the F2P matrix (before the recent All Access change) to allow a lot more freedom to free players, it was less that two weeks later that someone was on the forums griping about the few remaining restrictions. o_O
    Livejazz and suka like this.
  8. Charlice Well-Known Member

A wise man once said. Silence is golden. Gaffer tape is silver.
    Livejazz, suka and DreadRoberts like this.
  9. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

That's what I do...I have a house of marble dungeon, separate holiday dungeons etc. All my alts have access to them.
    suka likes this.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I think not only would I love more house options, but would like the option of choosing the item or the recipe for said item, especially on the longer quest lines.
    Livejazz, suka, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

so you don't like that the sig line in ToV to get the really nice mount, pretty much awards house items after the other 'help the dragons' prerequiste (basically 99% of all the other overland content) is nothing but armor/weapons/jewelry. then doing the instances you need to do for said sig (adv solo) is the next teir of armor/jewelry/weapons. what did you want them to reward you the group zone jewelry/armor as the sig line rewards?

they put 7 different armor sets, several weapons, a plethora of jewelry into the Adv Solo crates. zones you have to do (except the very last one) for your sig line. about the only thing they COULD give you that didn't either negate the adv solo loot, or cut into the grouping loot, was house items.

you get the basic weapons and armor and jewelry by doing the sig line prerquisite. you get the 'first' tier armor doing the zones for said sig line.

and I bet if they'd given plat, you'd be complaining it wasn't enough a reward for the effort.
    Livejazz likes this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Rainmare is right. House items were about the only thing they could give other than straight up plat or maybe a lower end potion (maybe like the ones we got in the stupid crates from the SS dailies).

I personally like getting the house items, but I wouldn't cry if they gave people the option to just take the plat value of the house item either. Just make more vendors that sell the house items after you finish the quests =). Too many of the lower tiers have house items you can only get the one of from the quest unless you find them on the broker or make endless alts to do the quests again for the item.
  13. Mahare Member

Not all of us are tradeskillers, and some of us adventurers do like decorating our houses. Limiting those quest rewards to tradeskillers wouldn't work for all players.

Besides, the ToV questline (what the main poster was commenting on) gives you every single slot for quest rewards as well as two flying mounts. You get plenty of adventuring rewards.
    Livejazz, suka, DreadRoberts and 2 others like this.
  14. santargria Well-Known Member

One issue I see with providing options is the auto-loot feature would probably no longer work - not that it would bother me, but I can see it bothering others

Unless of course that was updated/modified also to reflect new options - Auto Loot Coin, Auto Loot Housing Item, Auto Loot other
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

Auto loot doesn't work on quests, at least it never has for me. Only on items looted from chests and corpses.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

yes, as an avid decorator i love house items but for my friends who don't care about decorating i agree. there should be a choice at the end of every quest between something for adventuring that would be useful at that level and a house item- more house items please.
    Livejazz likes this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

i don't need the appearance items. there are so many and how many toons do i want those looks on? most are just different colors of the same design. would have been better to have only one set that you could click an option on to set the color. i would rather have a new aug or something like the armor you get from some of the quests- chest pieces, etc. or maybe some awesome weapons. but each of those quests should have options for people who don't have some things and have too much of other things- like who needs 2 chest pieces. or maybe more etema as an option. and of course a house piece as an options. some quests i do repeatedly if allowed just for the house pieces.
    Livejazz and Rhodris like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

not everyone wants to deal with the broker. some people also may not have access to it. although i for one love the broker and house items, i have to admit that sometimes the devs don't take all play-styles into consideration. if someone doesn't want house items for whatever reason, or appearance items (my pet peeve) then they should have other options. personally i would opt for either armor items, if i am in need of one, or augs, if i need one, or a house item. but that is just me. someone else might opt just for plat or for etema ( something that would make choosing the house item difficult for me) or an appearance piece. i know you can't please everyone all the time, but there should be some options for those who don't want the regular stuff offered.
    Livejazz likes this.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

at the risk of feeding a troll- there is a big difference between crafted items and deco items. some of us like both, but some have no use for certain looks. and not all crafters decorate- a lot of them use crafting to make potions and poisons and other useful items. not all of them are carpenters.
    Livejazz likes this.
  20. Sudedor Well-Known Member

That's a really bad generalization. I have 8 L95 crafters . . . all of them except Carpenter. I have absolutely no interest in decoration, housing or any such. Most of my 11 characters have only the very simplest housing in which to stick things like TS apprentices and other stuff that you absolutely must have a house for.
    Livejazz likes this.