Tone down Inquistors group cure on Mythical.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Balbasur, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbasur Active Member

Honestly, the INQ cure needs to be 1 second and non castable on the run and the mitigation debuff needs to be removed.
  2. Sini Member

Well, let's see, versus the other two melee healers:
    Mystics & Wardens have valueable buffs and debuffs - check.
    Mystics & Wardens have powerful group heals - check.
    Mystics & Wardens have cures and deathsave - check.

So then the differences:
    Inq's can cure like crazy, cool.
    Mystics can refill the entire group's power in the blink of an eye and keep it there for several seconds, awesome.
    Wardens can allow the entire group to stay in on what is supposed to be a joust-or-die situation, awesome.

Looks like Inq's might actually need something awesome! =P
    Neiloch, Estred and Alenna like this.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

you know you'd have better luck getting folks to agree with you if you only asked for some love on your healer instead asking for a nerf on another class. how selfish can you be. hmm.
    Neiloch likes this.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Odd thing;

Furies/Wardens also debuff, dps, heal, group buff, group cure, group heal and have Death Saves... sounds pretty similar.
    Mystic/Defilers also debuff (more Defilers), Ward, Group Buff (More Mystic), Group Cure/Heal and have Deathsaves... hm, I think I am noticing a pattern that healers have.

Let me take a stab at this. Healers as a class should.
    - Buff their groups
    - Debuff the enemy
    - Heal their groups
    - Cure their groups
    - Death-Prevent their tanks

The range each does this is varying and I will say that, but it is far from as bad as you make it sound. If this were so then every slot in a Raid or Group would be Inquisitor. I would rather have a Defiler and Templar any day healing me in a Raid. I know the Mages would rather have a Fury too and the Scouts a Warden. Only groups that want Inquisitors are OT and Scouts as the 2nd healer.
  5. Netty Member

Its pretty fun that he still keeps going with this... even after being proven wrong so many times. Its like Talathion in a healer vertion!
    Neiloch and Tylia like this.
  6. Moiya New Member

Ok speaking as a Inq

No.1 NO we cannot cast cure on run if stun/stifle etc we do still have to clear our stun first b4 we can cure
    No.2 to Quote Elostirion
    Get your facts straight, I have nvr seen this many Inqs in a raid unless its been a PUG thats just called for healers and thats who answered but I can say in the raid guikld I'm in we have in Main and O/T grp we have Templars and Defilers/Wardens, my Inq plus a Warden these days is healing grp 3 scouts and a Fury is solo healing Grp 4 Mages. If the 2nd Templar doesnt show up then I get moved to O/T grp and once in a blue moon if neither Templars show up then i get Main tank grp.

To sum it up no Inq's do not need the nerf bat taken to them, if you think youre class is being over run then call for sumthing to be added to your class but STOP asking for fricking nerfs cause each time someone whines about someone elses class and that class then gets nerfed, stuff gets screwed up and the class then needs rebalancing afterwards again which as we all know can take forever to be fixed.
  7. Occam Well-Known Member

Would a mod please lock this thread now?

We've got one person (Balbasur) calling for Inqs to be nerfed.
    We've got 8 PAGES of people who ACTUALLY PLAY several different healers saying that Inqs are NOT overpowered and, in fact, they prefer to play one of the healers other than their Inq.

This whole thing is pointless since Balbasur is incapable of listening to reasoned arguments and the devs are smart enough to see that nobody agrees with him.
    Tylia and Neiloch like this.
  8. Davngr Well-Known Member

this thread is redumbculous
  9. Balbasur Active Member

The iNQ
    A simple SQL search by the devs will show the INQ class is overpowered. No other class keeps a check on it, none period. They have the best of the best abilities that every class bring to the table wraped up into one.

INQ - dps buffs, check x2 can aid to both mages and scouts
    INQ - cures , check x2 can even cast on the run
    INQ - Death saves check, x2 (one even being 6 seconds)
    INQ - debuffs check, can even debuff raw mit
    INQ - damage check, easily pull off 300k-600k parses even get own flurry proc, what a joke
    INQ - detrimental break check
    INQ - power control check
    INQ - Heal Abilities, check 24 second perma heal
    INQ - Revive AA lines that decrease cast time check

In terms of the priest classes
    What other class can give dps buffs to both? None.
    What other classes can give cure x2? Druids
    What other classes get nice DS? Warden and Templar
    what other classes get nice debuffs? Templar Mystic Defiler
    what other classes get nice damage out put ? Mystic Warden
    what other classes get detrimental breaks? Druids via AA lines
    what other classses get power control? Defiler Warden Fury via AA and epic
    what other classes get OP heal abilities that last 24 SECONDS? Templar
    what other classe get nice revive AA lines? Shamens and Clerics.

Inquisitor is the ultimate class I dare say they are the BL class of scouts, there is a reason why Expac clearing guilds roll with 3-4 in raids over any other class. For the sake of game balance and better content design tone down the Inquisitor.

TY devs that may read this.
  10. Balbasur Active Member

And you are incorrect, people who actually played this game for quiet along time know this class is waaay out of line in terms of class balance and others have noted.

Hence the "few" knowledge able people agree with me.
  11. Balbasur Active Member

Explain to me what debuffs Furys and Wardens get that match a raw mit decrease and ability decrease.
  12. Balbasur Active Member

No. No. No. No. NO. This is not what improves the game this is what ruins the game. Just because one class is notably stronger and more in demand than any other priest class does not mean "HEY LETS GIVE THE 5 OTHER PRIESTS BETTER SPELLS" is the solution. That would result in the trivialization of content and continue a long cycle of more buffs more buffs more buffs. A simple fix is toning down the INQ class as stated in previous posts.
  13. Balbasur Active Member

So can INQ via Equilibrium, which again, is no balance.
  14. Balbasur Active Member

Also, I play Inquisitor, Mystic and Warden. My main is a Mystic.
  15. Balbasur Active Member

Exactly, that is my point. You can see how much better INQ are atm then any other healing class by how many are playing them now and how in demand they are for raids.
  16. Balbasur Active Member

In fact look @ that signatures of the players posting, they are INQ.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Part of the reason is that inquissitors are a free class. The raids I run with are not constantly looking for inquisitors.. and my warden is consistently the top dpsing healer in the raids.

My main is a warden and I've repeatedly said that the inquisitors are NOT over-powered.
    Neiloch likes this.
  18. Balbasur Active Member

And you parse?
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

Tone down mystic and warden imo. They're waaaaay op. All those buffs, debuffs and dps wth! Needs toned down srsly.
  20. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am a warden and have no Inquistor, all my alts are listed, I don't hide.

I have 3 group cures
    I have 4 group death saves (if you time thorns right)
    I can feed you power.
    I have a heal I can cast on the run
    I have 2 stifle / stun breakers (3 if you count my potions)

I like Inq's! They make a great healing partner in zones where we can both DPS and keep a fast moving farming group alive when doing STHM, faceless, throne, HE, DC every 90 minutes.

I don't think they are OP, maybe some healers need a boost, which is what the developers had us posting awhile back at needed changes to some classes.

Taking away from the Inquisitor, to make your mystic or other healer 'look good' is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. They are currently looking at a change to healers as their role is no longer to just 'heal' but to bring to the group and / or raid, a balance of heal and dps.

The days of a "pure healer" are long gone.

They don't need to lower the Inquisitor abilities, they need to better the other healers!
    Neiloch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.