Tone down Inquistors group cure on Mythical.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Balbasur, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mimixx(2) Member

Your kidding me with the mystic joke.. More DPS than inqs? No way!

The reason why people choose inqy is because all new players that hasnt bought a subscription is gonna take the Inquisitor instead of the Templar because ( awesome name ) and when ppl post videos about classes they say. "Templars are pure healers with low damage" and go over to the inq and say "The inquisitor is an offensive healer who can do damage and got some great reactive heals".

It is better to do more damage and heal than to do low damage and heal.
  2. Netty Member

What does Tso have to do with any of this? Did i say tso was balanced? did anyone els say that in this thread? And tbh you make my laugh since you havent said even one things to back up your claims. With other words you dont know or understand this game one bit. And i think its funny that you are talking about them wearing platearmour... Like it matters? Not much tbh.

And im not sure how it is on your server but tbh mystics are the most wanted healer class atm.
  3. Owli Member

I still am trying to figure out why INQ get a 60k proc buff, if anything Furys are the one that should be getting it. Or why it hasn't been Nerfed in 2 years.
  4. Silzin Active Member

Since it is not a 60k proc. just last night it was only procing, for me, for 24k max. my Inq in not the best geared, but it is not going to make that big of a difference.
    Guiscard likes this.
  5. jynoth Member

Which proc is the warden referring to?
  6. Owli Member

I would still love a 24k proc, there is no way a ~1% chance to proc 20 cb can comapre to it. Would also love a cure that has the shortest cast time and can be casted while sprinting. Also, would love a self det snap that isn't from AA's. Oh, and my favorite a 1 min 30 sec 24 second auto win heal.
  7. Balbasur Active Member

Should also add a self power feed abillity that isnt' gained though epic recurssions. What a joke the INQ class has become it literally is the goto class any bad can pick up and excel in. They need to be reajusted.
  8. Balbasur Active Member

I remember when priest classes all had checks on other classes, as it stands INQ get the best of all classes, they are a super class.
  9. Netty Member

That isent from AA? so the classes should just be balanced around with out AA:s and the AA:s doesent matter? Are you for real? and 1% chance to trigger CB? its 3,3% and its groupwide. so it builds up pretty nice tbh. And the CB on sandstorm procs like mad on aoe fights.Instinc does up to 40k+ for some classes when i play my warden and hes pretty poorly geared.

And balbasur what powerfull powerfeed are you talking about? Wardens power when healing is like 100000% better. Defilers has even better... Mystics get a group wide one that are pretty handy. Guys just stop it now... You are making yourself look pretty bad.
    Estred and Avirodar like this.
  10. Balbasur Active Member

And they sacrifice it with lose of dps and long recast, that is low defiler dps and long reuse on the ability. Hence, the check and balance. But, we don't see this with Inquistors, they again, have no check on there static power gain. Which is just another way they are overpowered. Seems like you don't understand checks and balances.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

You know one of the biggest reasons there are so many inquisitors? It is the dps version of the 2 free healers.
  12. Netty Member

Long reuse? it gives like 80% power every time i use it on my defiler and its on VERY short recast. Wardens dont sacrifice one bit as it is a myth buff... Its upp all the time and it procs like crazy. The reason why there are so many inqs around is what mermut said. Its the dps one of the two clerics. Tbh im done in this thread now. The only thing i would say is abit OP is equilibrium and both clerics have that kinda. Templar can dps very nice if they do and tbh the defensiv part they bring are needed on some fights. If not needed 100% it still makes the fights ALOT easier.
    Avirodar likes this.
  13. Menelag New Member

Wow I can't believe this thread made it to 7 pages...
    Having said that, I'll chime in again here. I, for some reason, enjoy playing healers a bit more than other classes. As such, I am the proud brandisher of 3 level 95 healers, all of which are the "dps" version of their type (i could argue that wardens can also do dps) and I have to tell you, personally, the inquisitor feels the least powerful, even though he is a close second in gear quality. Sure, I can dish out some respectable damage with him, that most people never achieve on a healer (aside from the dedicated raiders). But I can outheal my Inquisitor by FAR on my Fury, I mean, healing on my Fury is a cakewalk, and in a good battle where there are plenty of mobs in range, I can even throw out some AoE dps that is comparable to pure dps classes. The Mystic is obviously a superior healer to the Inquis, and once geared a bit better, will outshine the Fury by a longshot. Put a big stick in the Mystic's hands and I can push out some really good dps for his gear quality- couple this with the benefits of his little wolf, temps, and fantasic Myth clicky, and you have one of the top notch healers. It is just plain wrong to say that Inquisitors need to be toned down, they do NOT, and if anything I would say buff Malevolent Diatribe a bit, which is something I have mentioned in other posts. They get some great utility, can push out some good dps, and can keep a group alive, but if you want my opinion, when it comes to keeping your groups health green, they are the weakest healer of all. Increasing their heals, and reducing their dps, however, would just make them a templar with different group buffs, and the class would lose its niche as a good, all around priest.

I've seen players of every class who are able to make the class they are great at seem OP, but they are rare. I've seen
    defilers who can do more dps than people think they should. I've seen Templars do some respectable dps. And for every player who excels at their chosen class, there are at least 10 or more who are forgettable, and left me thinking that maybe their class needs a buff. I've seen only a small number of people who can play healers to their highest potential, so maybe the call for nerfs came from seeing someone who knows how to hit the right buttons at the right time convinced the OP that inquisitors need a nerf? Please SoE, disregard the OP's ideas, they are unfounded.
    Avirodar, Malleria and Obadiah like this.
  14. jynoth Member

Very well said Menelag. I too have 3 level 95 healers, inquisitor, mystic, and warden and I agree with most of what you have said. I have seen some good wardens put out some really good dps, a few templars with a respectable amount. Though there is also the reverse of that. It almost kills me switching from my warden to my inquisitor BC of cast times of heals.
    Arielle Nightshade and Avirodar like this.
  15. Oakum New Member

What people seem to forget is that class balance is not about being "=" to each other in all aspects. All priest cure and heal) Druids are healer/dpsers, one aoe, one single target/melee. Clerics are healer buffers templers buff the group/tanks ability to take damage, inquisitors buff the ability of the group to do damage. Shaman are healers/debuffers, one debuffs the ability of the mob to take damage and the other debuffs the ablity of the mob to do damage.

The trick is for the devs to take these primary class/subclass attributes and, without stepping on another class or subclass area of expertise(dps/buffs/debuffs), make them all equally valuable in a group or raid. Group they have been pretty good at except for the hardest instances which become a gear challenge for some subclasses.

Unfortunately, this has not always happened for the raid side. If the druids got enough dps to be useful in raids when not casting heals (which said dps should be notably higher then clerics or shamans enough to be useful on trash or inbetween casting heals on named fights) other than as cure bots, certain priest sub-classes would be jumping up and down throwing tantrums or staring at the screen saying "its not right, how can a heal/dps class out parse me easily, I am a healer/buffer (inquisitor) or healer debuffer (mystic). Then fall over from it making sense when they thought about it, lol.

Now what the dev's did was turn first inquisitors, then druids into cure bots for raids and by giving raid mobs lots and lots of things to cast,make them more required for raids then they used to be. One of the good things they did for the priest classes was up cleric and shaman dps to make them much more soloable if someone tried for leveling purposes. The bad thing they did not do was keep druid dps at the same proportional level above them as it used to be.

People play inquisitors a lot because they like seeing their name on the DPS list above someone else. Especially the immature players. Used to be the same for mystics, not sure if it is any more. Raids like inquisitors for cures, plate armor that makes them take less damage then other priest classes, and upping the dps of a group. Even main tank guards want to see their names as high as possible on the dps parse. After a farm fight, no one links a tank avoidance/damage mitigation report. They link the parse and talk like that is the only thing that matters. Most players who raid and make priest alts go for either raid wanted or high dps and in the inquisitor they can get both.

Druid are an anomaly in a way on their historic population numbers, especially since if a priest is traded for an extra dps, the warden especially has always been the one to sit although i gather that before COE at least(I quit raiding other then for fun with DoV), templers were right behind them followed by furies. Most druids are alts, IMO, I rarely see warden or fury lfg in level chat. I see necro/troub/coercer/fury lfg. The longer COE has been out, the more I see warden or fury added to the list behind mage/scout and tank alts. Mages tend to like fury's because they have dps spells as their secondary side which to them is like a mage with heals. Some tend not to learn the healing side and gave furies an unfair reputation for years. Scouts like inquisitor, mystic, and warden for the melee ability, usually the highest one of them they see on parses, lol. Ports make druids a nice class to play for quick travel and evac although totems, tinker items, and guild hall amenities make that part of them less useful. Since druids are always healer/dpsers from the start, they solo at low levels easily and therefor become personal favorites for soloing a lot, even when someone switches to another class to get into raids or they see much more stability of a groups health bars from non druid healers with what looks like a lot less work.

Now, I have been up way too late, Have a good night or day as applicable.
  16. Malleria Well-Known Member

Don't know where you're getting this 'Inqs are buffers, not dpsers' idea. The whole theme of Inquisitors is using their powers to harm and debilitate their opponents, generally through pain. They don't skip along behind a group buffing their comrades abilities. If anything Inquisitors should be vastly more dps oriented than wardens, who should only be engaging in combat when they need to restore 'balance'.
  17. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Oakum... I am left wondering if we are playing the same video game? I play EverQuest2, and the year is 2013. Druids most definitely bring buffs and utility to the table. Druidic healing is powerful, and they can also do high DPS. The -last- thing druids need (especially wardens), is even more DPS, or anything else for that matter.

Furies are the #1 mage group healer. Wardens have more death saves/blockers than any other healer (tank survivability), and can be argued strongly for now being the #1 melee DPS group healer. Both druids get Tshell. Druid buffing enjoyed significant improvement in CoE.

If you are basing your desirability on trivialized farm fights, not only can druids perform amazingly well in this domain, you're worried about the wrong thing. Druids are great in CoE, and I love healing with them.
    AricaJade and Mermut like this.
  18. Sini Member

Yeah, Oakum's description is outdated.

Roughly, you have Inq, Mystic, and Warden as melee dps healers and Temp, Defiler, Fury as caster dps healers. All healers bring buffs and debuffs to the table. Some are more focused on melee boost or debuff and others are more focused on caster boost and debuff, but most offer a mix of everything. There is no "most effective", only "most effective in a given situation".

For the most part all of the healers are balanced. They can all top the heal parse in a scenario that suits them, and they can all do respectable dps. Other than the templar, I have seen every other class at the top of the healer-dps parse in raid (which is typically a number in the 200,000s) at one point or another. Templar dps balance is the only thing I can't confirm; all of the other healers are proven to be well balanced though.

The most important part of any class is the person pushing the buttons. That is something that no ability should try to balance.
    Kraeref likes this.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Very true of any class. As evil as the "you should learn to play better" argument sounds and comes off as. There is SOME truth to it. However it doesn't give anyone reason or entitlement to be a jerk about it. Healers like tanks are quite balanced, each has a spot it excels in and others it falls short on; this is good.
  20. Balbasur Active Member

Disagree, as it stand now INQ are the debuff, dps, group buff, group heals, insta snap any deterimental,cure and death save class. Where is the balance?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.