Tone down Inquistors group cure on Mythical.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Balbasur, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbasur Active Member

As it stands all the healer arch types are balanced, except for the Clerics. One will find if the Inquistors mythical is turned into a group death save with a 5 minute recast it would make them in line with the Templar. The Inquistor mythical also should not be allowed to be casted while stunned/stifled mezzed etc and should not be allowed to be casted on the run, it's just so OP. It would reestablish the usefulness of the Templar via Sanctuary.

Please look into it SOE, thanks!
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Both Inqs and Templars already have access to a group death save via Equilibrium, and it refreshes a lot faster than 5min.

I don't know why people keep insisting this is true. The Inq mythical cure absolutely can NOT be cast while stunned, stiffled, mezed, charmed, or feared. Stifle often isn't a problem because of Steadfast (which Templars also have), but everything else the Inquisitor has to use Fervent Faith to escape (their control effect break-out cure). Sanctuary is still incredibly useful.
    Skwor likes this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I play a Templar, Defiler, Warden and Fury and I don't feel that the Inquis Mythical is OP compared to other healer's abilities. Just because the last couple of expansions made that particular mythical ability really useful, doesn't mean it's OP. There are similar abilities I have on every one of my healers, to achieve the same effect of the Inquis clicky - I just have to work harder at it....but they are there.
    Guiscard likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The inquisitor myth cure is very nice... but it's not overpowered.
    Neiloch and Guiscard like this.
  5. Radi Member

Arguments please !?
  6. Typos Member

myth clicky isn't castable under control effects. please check facts, before starting nerf threads. I'm fairly sure this thread is actually against forum rules.
  7. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Except then you would kill the entire reason for playing an inquisitor. Instead of trying to ninja assassinate other class try to fix your own class. What kind of "balances" were you suggesting for inquisitors back pre myth when Templars absolutely dominated the cleric scene? WTF would I want a grp death save for instead of the myth clicky? Inqis are there for kick *** cures not death saves. If you think Templars need something to make them more needed go for it - do not try to kill other classes to make yours more relevant.
    Kalderon and Neiloch like this.
  8. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Do not ask for a nerf on inqisitor myth.

Dozens and dozens of encounters are balanced around bringing many inquisitor myths to the party. nerfing inquisitors would require back-nerfing all those encounters, and that would take a looong time if it ever gets done right.

Ask instead for Templars to get better toys so we want to bring relatively more of them to the party.
    Neiloch likes this.
  9. Avirodar Well-Known Member

"Dozens and dozens of encounters are balanced around bringing many inquisitor myths to the party"
    Furies and Wardens have multiple group cures. Druids are just as capable at curing as Clerics. While Clerics do have steadfast, T-Shell is an incredibly powerful asset to counter with.
    Templars now have the fastest reuse group cure in the game.
    There has never been a raid encounter in EQ2, that required an Inquisitor myth cure. So to claim there is dozens of encounters designed for such, carries no merit.

"Ask instead for Templars to get better toys so we want to bring relatively more of them to the party"
    Templars did get better toys. It is a capable and powerful class. But some Templars will continue complaining until the seas go dry, and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. For we no longer exist in the "glory days", where raids would be cancelled if the Templar was missing in action.
    Kraeref, Bouncing Skull and Neiloch like this.
  10. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Go count inquisitors per raid in HM raid guilds. You're going to see 3 or 4. There's a reason.

Go count templars per raid in HM raid guilds. You're going to see 0 or 1. There's a reason.
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Avi....currently of the 2 prestige lines available to the templars 1 works as it was inteded (the left side) the other (right side) is a mix of broken/illogical mechanics or pi$$ poor returns unless its fixed as was requested in beta...but that aside I agree that calling for a nerf on inquis myth clicky is bit much tbh,
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

Most classes have a good prestige line and a bogus one. Inquisitors included.

But TBH give Templars a carbon copy of the inq mythical cure if thats what it takes to make them happy. You'll still see Inqs in dps groups, and probably offtank groups.
    Neiloch likes this.
  13. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The reason? Most likely a result of them being unable to find good Druids, or Templars.

It has always been hard to find good druids. This is strange, because druids are predominately the most played healer in EQ2 (based on several years where SOE allowed us to search by class+level, aka: class population at max level). Despite this, a good Druid has always been like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

Any Templar pointing at the Inq myth cure, is taking the term "grasping at straws" to a whole new level, and is also 4 expansions late (well, 5 if you count the abomination of AoD). There is not a problem with Inq curing vs Templar curing in CoE.
    Kuulei, Kalderon and Neiloch like this.
  14. Elostirion Well-Known Member

There are lots of good druids. Or at least there were until they all got consigned to alt status like mine did years ago. Druid population has been large ever since EQ1 because they are generalists.

Druids' heals are third in line to actually hit someone, and their standard heals cannot 'overheal' like shamen and clerics. So the healing portion of their value is inferior. They bring cures to the party and some DPS and buffs. Inquisitors bring more to the party of everything druids to, and their heals are second in line and they can overheal.

The market really has spoken on this.
  15. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Even if SOE done such, it is obvious that any celebrations will be short lived.

Why?

What are the encounters where a Templar+Defiler can not handle the curing requirements? Especially now Templars have the fastest reuse group cure in the game? Unless the defiler thinks they are too cool to ever click a group cure, it would be a non-existent solution to a non-existent problem.

There is no need to give Templars a class defining Inquisitor ability. Class diversity is a good thing.
    Kuulei and Neiloch like this.
  16. Avirodar Well-Known Member

In any guild I have ever been in, since 2005, getting a good druid app is an occasion of significant magnitude.

I did not know Inquisitors bring something better than tortoise shell to the table... I am also sure that the MT shaman will love the mod buff that Inqs can give them? Or how about Inqs having a plethora of death saves (like wardens)? Nature walk has come in handy on a number of occasions. How about the raid wide cure?

I could go on for quite some time with things Druids do better than Inqs. But the point is already made, Druids are NOT chopped liver, and Inqs do NOT bring more to the party of everything druids do.
  17. Elostirion Well-Known Member

In the three raiding guilds I have been in since 2007, a druid ap meant that this player knew how to heal well with bad tools (for a raid setting). We could then expect to be very impressed with how that player could heal with good tools (for a raid setting). so we liked druid apps as well, they just came with a probable future class change when that player noticed raid realities.

Like how many aoe's are now coded to ignore tortoise shell. How a raid cure is nice, but if the druid isnt in your group it isnt predictable, therefore another curer is likely going to push their buttons too. Death saves are nice, but not needing them is nicer. Not saying that druids dont have decent toys, its just that they dont compare favorably to other toy packages.

The proof in the pudding is in the raid setups for most raiding guilds. The market selects the things that the market believes best.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

templars are powerful defensive healers, inquissitors give awesome melee buffs. A raid force doesn't need as many defensive healers as offensive healers. It doesn't mean the defensive healers suck.. just that not as many are needed.
    Neiloch likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Druids have lots of nifty tools.. they just have to know how to use 'em. Also some tools are more useful in some circumstances then others.
    Kuulei likes this.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Because until recently you were right. CoE gave them a real nice boost when it comes to curing. Also this:
    Revelations on Butcherblock is looking to recruit a Templar BTW. Spot is open to inquisitors as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.