TO ARMS!

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Lolianna, Feb 4, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Shalla@Valor wrote:
    Actually I just started this game in September, played WoW for about 3 months 2 years ago and then became a total City Of Heroes geek. Only left there because of the lack of consistent Roleplaying. As such while I like the Guild, roleplaying and general concepts of EQII I really am not overly invested in the game. If AoC was not just going live and I could'nt get in on the ground floor I would see your point, BUT if they get PvE roleplaying servers (right now they only have PvP RP servers firmed up) I am so there. If not then I am stuck here because I play for RP first Burning down foes second.
  2. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

And you think fixing arrow problems, and giving ranger more DPS will make you RP experience here that much better ?
    And of course the RP in AoC is well known to be so much better, because we know that the ranger class in AoC since years out-DPSs ever other classes
  3. ARCHIVED-Magius789 Guest

Here is the simple fact:
    You have a dev that is in charge of the mechanics people saying are broken actually ADMIT that they are broken but he doesn't want to change it. You have him say condisending remarks about our class and actually calling us "uber" like a smack in the face. I'm a casual player so I didn't keep up with all of the info the rangers are talking about but being that I am a ranger I am more upset at the tone and wording that a dev of my class is using and it takes me to about a hairs breath away from cancelling my subscription and playing something else.
    SO HERE IS WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.
    Someone such as Lolianna needs to put together a well thought out, non hate filled, email that contains all of the information on what is wrong with our class and the exact responses of said developer. Discuss how the tone of the developer says dislike for our class and their ability to not be able to design the game in an unbaised manner. Its not a coincidence that he plays an assassin and they get one heck of an upgrade from this new expantion. Gather all of this information in as detailed and polite manner as possible and send it to the lead developer and project manager of this game. Maybe then they will have a discussion with certain people and explain the importance of not posting on non SOE sites and speaking to an entire player base in a disrespectiful manner. Only then do I see any changes happening because lets face it. We are asking for changes to a person who has mocked us, disrespected us, and shows he has no interesting in looking into our class or even provide accurate and truthful information. (as stated in his "data" that he isn't saying where it is coming from. One more nerf to our class and I'll just betray to an assassin since thats what he plays and I know he isn't going to nerf himself. Its important to be as objective as possible and not demand for anything crazy like a punishment.
  4. ARCHIVED-shogun007 Guest

Can u explain something to me ? I thought 67 arrows were T8 , because iron arrows start at level 7 , carbonite at 17 etc. Btw was your summon

arrows spell upgraded for T 8?
  5. ARCHIVED-Lolianna Guest

Level 7 arrows = T1; lvl 17 = T2; lvl 27 = T3... follow that path and you get lvl 67 arrows = T7. There are currently no T8 arrows in the game. And yes, rangers got an upgrade to summons arrows; most will forget it as fast as they gained it. Ranger summoned arrows are just that pitiful. What they need is to upgrade that spell and allow us to summon woodworker quality arrows and have it upgrade each tier with us. Solves 2 problems in one; arrows would be tier appropriate and remove part of the cost to rangers for their dps.
  6. ARCHIVED-shogun007 Guest

Level 1 Tin arrows T1 . Level 7 iron arrows T2. Level 17 Carbonite Arrows T 3 and so on. I havent played ranger for 2 years so i went to bowyer

and verified it. Not having level 77 level arrows may be an issue though . Not sure how that works P

P.S If u dont believe me ( i assume u playing ranger for too long and forgot how it was at low levels , u can check armor tiers where Iron is T 2 ,

Carbonite T3 etc.
  7. ARCHIVED-Eliason Guest

I agree Iron is T2 and Carbonite is T3...so why then (considering iron armor is lvl 10 and carbonite armor is level 20) are iron arrows 7 and carbonite arrows 17? Isn't T1 = lvl 1-9 and T2 = lvl 10-19? thats when we get new armor, new chat channels, etc. Yet the arrows are in the level range below their crafting tier. Seems broken to me.
  8. ARCHIVED-shogun007 Guest

It may be broken but T 8 arrows are level 67 P
  9. ARCHIVED-Eliason Guest

Yup. They even show up as level 70 in the broker window. And 70-79 is t8. Granted on inspection they are 67? Don't understand it. But honestly if they are going to make Bow utilization based on arrows used then they should make it possible to get arrows the same level as the Bow. Why **** the new tier stuff by limiting them with arrows 13 levels below them?

Of course this only affects the here and now without the ability to summon/craft level appropriate ammo. Because when they finally raise the cap to 90 the new arrows (if following the current trend) are going to be 77 and will make those nice t8 bows better than the t9 bows. I would be happy with master crafted arrows that were higher.

The easiest solution in my eyes would be to base the effectiveness not on level but on tier. T8 bow with T8 ammo = 100% T8 bow with T7 ammo = less%. But even then you would have to take into consideration that level 80 bows are actually T9 and level 67 ammo (while being t8 in crafting materials) is still T7.
  10. ARCHIVED-shogun007 Guest

Summon arrows spell that u had before ROk was giving u level 57 arrows. If u check arrow progression u will realise that 57 is T7 not T6. So now u

get update that gives u T 8 arrows . I really dont know what SOE screwed up this time , but this is the truth .
  11. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Shalla@Valor wrote:
    No its not that its kinda like having cake and eating too. I wanted to illustrate I already left one game out of frustration after 2 years of investment and being a main member of an SG there. Now here I am with another frustration. If I can go somewhere, have good roleplaying AND feel like I am not being hosed at the same time I'll go there. IF AoC doesn't get PvE RP servers though I guess I'm stuck here .
  12. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

Magius789 wrote:
    That was already done. http://www.eq2flames.com/rangers/16...ss-rangers.html
    It was also posted somewhere around here AND sent as an e-mail. It was this I believe that began the inplied threats and other comments from the dev. This has to be the most logical, reasoned and balanced write up I have seen. It doesn't address the dev's horrible attitude, but then again I personally think this would be a waste of time.
  13. ARCHIVED-Magius789 Guest

Gisallo@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Well it needs to be sent to the heads of the departments to atlest see if they care, then if they say the same thing our dev said then I can just cancel now.
  14. ARCHIVED-Monstage Guest

Magius789 wrote:
    Just how would you go about sending an official complaint to SOE regarding these issues? I see no easy way of doing this and if the official forums are our only method of doing so then they are proving to be woefully inadequate. If every ranger opened a ticket and explained the arrow issues as a bug would it help us get noticed? I very much doubt it somehow.
    It is almost as if the devs like the drama caused by these bad decisions and the poor customer service because it makes things more exciting, as if it adds something to the whole game experience. People dont log in to a game after a hard days work to have even more frustrations to deal with, they want to enjoy their game time and relax a little.
    I do wonder just how many rangers have cancelled their accounts due to the lack of resolution of the arrow issue. I don't include those who have switched toons since ultimately SOE is still getting it's monthly subscription.
    I am very interested in seeing the result of the developer chat on Allakhazam and wonder whether the whole ranger/arrow/bow issues will be filtered out. We shall see.
    One thing I think the devs should consider is that posting on a non-SOE forum, and especially posting possible inflammatory or sarcastic comments is a very, very bad idea. It's a matter of professional behaviour. Of course we all know you are gamers and play the game you make, which is great, but having a favourite class allowing people to know that you make the rules for that class is just dumb.
    If anything you should "create" level 80 toons for all your classes and play around with them to see what they can and cant do so you get a feel for what the class is about and so that you appreciate the effects of the design decisons you make (ok, I know you don't have time to play ALL the classes in depth).
    On the whole though I must say that EQ II is a very well crafted game but don't take your eye off the ball. Fix the serious problems first and don't procrastinate and put off the tricky ones till it all becomes a festering pustule of frustration like the arrow issue has become.
  15. ARCHIVED-RickAO76 Guest

DEV Aeralik can play an assasin all he wants, more power to him, but come on - why **** the Ranger community so bad ....

This issue has been brought to light for awhile now / and we still don't see any fix / update / test nothing .
    I continue to see my fellow raiders increase in the parse as my stagnates with slight improvement and I'm getting the Gear to back me up too, but the increase is minimual at best . Granted I don't have the Rigid Scale Bow or Tunare's Wrath so using Epic (fabled) which SHOULD be doing more damage then the two T7 Bows, but doesn't !
    Come on, The Ranger Community deserves some answers/solutions now.
    Somebody brought up the idea take ammo out entirely and let the bow do 100% per shot. I'm all for that, as a woodworker I will have a slight /sigh, but eh' I'll get over it. The arrow mechanics are just killing me on the raids now..... I'm being outparsed by the other classes now & they bring other things to the table besides dps.
  16. ARCHIVED-voxranger Guest

RickAO76 wrote:
    I don't know how other woodworkers feel about it, but personally, I would be delighted to see arrows deleted from my recipie book. In order supply rangers, one has to manufacture a ton of them, which takes up a great deal of space in sales crates, and they barely generate enough profit to make it worth my time to make them in the first place.
    We can do just fine with weapons a totems.
    I'm all for eliminating arrows and letting the bow speak for itself!
  17. ARCHIVED-Gisallo Guest

voxranger wrote:
    If thats the only way then fine. But as a history buff (and an occassional hunter in Archery Season) I kinda thought it cool that they had different arrows and created some sort of mechanic (while it has only limited correlation to real life). I would be sad to see the different arrows go. If however it is either impossible to fix the issue with the current mechanic then so be it. I doubt this is the case though and would prefer for them to fix the mechanic than simply eliminate it for simplicities sake. Its the added little features like the arrows that makes this game a little richer than the others and so more enjoyable to some of us.
  18. ARCHIVED-Lolianna Guest

I agree with both points. While arrows do add a certain flavour to the game, my woodworker wouldn't miss it in the least. As said, woodworkers barely profit off arrows; we make most of our income off totems. So, if that is what it takes, no big loss really.
  19. ARCHIVED-Amenti Guest

If you've ever done any testing between the summoned arrows in DT, the crafted ferrite arrows, tenderwood arrows and even the summoned arrows from the Trueshot miracle of Tunare, you'll see that even though they state different levels they all behave as if they are T7 arrows.
    I was pretty astonished when another Ranger on my server informed me of that, although I did the Trueshot Arrow testing on my own later.
    Trueshot Arrow = Level 55
    Ferrite Arrow = Level 67
    Tenderwood Arrow = Level 70
    DT Ammo = unspecified Legendary
    All of these types of ammunition behave as if they are Tier 7 ( level 60-69 ) ammunition. If you swap any of them out in your first quiver slot, you'll see that the damage changes only by the amount of the damage bonus on the arrow itself. Basically, what I'm saying is that the exact level of your arrows is not what matters, it's simply what tier they are compared to your bow. Of course, the Tenderwood Arrows and the Trueshot Arrows are a deviation from that, since they are T8 and T6 respectively. However, it's been suggested that the level requirement on arrows does not indicate the level of the arrow, simply the level requirement for their use; therefore, there is no way to know the actual level of the arrows you are using.
    I would submit to the Ranger community that the arrow mechanics are not bugged at all; rather, they have been created in a fashion that is intentionally deceptive and as a method of re-balancing the Ranger class' supposedly "exceptional" DPS and solo-ability without our knowledge and whenever the dev sees fit to do so.
    We are simply being fed double-talk and empty-promises in order to disguise the fact that the intricacies of our primary damage mechanic have been intentionally hidden from us. The problem was brought to the attention of the Ranger dev over a year ago, and has been an serious issue since Rangers gained access to tier-8 bows; yet, now we're being told that there is insufficient time between GU42 and GU43 to deal with all concerns of the Ranger community. What about the year we've already been waiting? What about the 3+ years we've been crying for greater utility? Let's face it, people. The system is working just as our developers intended it to, and it's not going to change.
    We've all been caught chasing the carrot; but, I've already cancelled my account due to the outrageous handling of the concerns of the Ranger class and call for the dismissal of Aeralik as the Ranger dev. I've also played a shaman on World of Warcraft for the last 3 years; and, at least Blizzard had the sense to FIRE our class representative, who was ALSO argumentative and dismissive towards players, and implement much needed changes in the class.
    Seriously, get rid of this clown.
  20. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Amenti wrote:
    And then .. get Lockeye back for even more nerfs ? *g*