TLP server experience being fixed?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kahleem, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Hirofortis Active Member

Leave the XP Alone. It is not that hard to level. This is not about maxing characters on yet another server. If I wanted that I have plenty of toons on the regular servers.
    Charlice likes this.
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

The XP rate needs to stay where it is. People who want to race to 50 will do so no matter the XP rate, they will find a way. I'm enjoying finding areas to quest to get my XP. It's nice to not be able to do one zone (like DLW) in a 2 hour setting.

Dropping the vote level to 25 or so would not be a bad idea, though.
  3. Eridion Member

They're not required to do anything, but I can give my opinion and why I think it's bad to have xp this slow to the point where questing is becoming rediculously hard because the quests are not leveling you fast enough to keep up with zone progression.

Despite people claiming how much content there is, you're forced to grind 2-3 of the same zones for many hours because there really isn't anything better to do, not everyone wants to grind through their teen or 20+ levels for a century believe it or not.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread now, no one in here actually gives a logical reason why xp can't be increased at least slightly to make the grind less tiring.
    All I hear is "wahh wahh don't boost xp, because there are only 2 alternatives, either you take 10 years to enjoy the same exact zones for weeks with us, or go play live because this is made for us nostalgia people who enjoy doing wailing caves for 20 hours".

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, you can all go back to crafting, which is probably the only thing you're good at in this game.
    jZampage likes this.
  4. Cochy New Member

And you haven't provided a reason why the xp should be increased. This is a nostalgia server, the stated goal was to make this as close to 2004 as possible. If you don't like it, don't play it.

That's true, I've never been good at this game. Thanks for reminding me.
    Seefar likes this.
  5. Guntharr New Member

Well I've played daily for a week and just hit 14 -- yes I'm crafting and most of that has been done solo. I imagine I'll "just" make 30 at the end of the month in time to vote NO for the expansion.
  6. Cochy New Member

Don't you mean daily for 3 days? The server came out on Tuesday....
  7. semisus Does not play this game

there will plenty of people for you to group with , not everyone will be lvl 50 in a month
    i like the xp as it is , i like to group and a few hours for a level is ok with me
  8. KhaineUK Active Member

Started a character with the wife last night. It took us 4 hours of playing to get from brand new characters to halfway through level 8.

Honestly? We both said the XP is -about- right, though did have concerns that we had to stop questing at certain points due to the quests being orange... then we remembered that's kinda what the game was like in 2004.
  9. Dixa Active Member

you can grind and not quest to 8 in less time than that. the issues dont arise until the teens and 20's.
  10. KhaineUK Active Member

I'm sure I could. But that's how we CHOSE to play.

After playing tonight, we had more orange quests than anything, which is a little annoying, and we're now in the low teens.
  11. Frinch Well-Known Member

They've said you'll have to hop zones to level via questing.

False--there are other places to grind. Also, consolidating the population into a few locations is good.

If you want to control your leveling speed, go back to the regular servers. This was one of the selling points of the new servers, and it'd be very unfortunate if a minority of whiners ruined a server that was designed to slow down progression by whining that progression was too slow.

The reasons are obvious:

1. This is what it was billed as at release
    2. Devs listening to whiners is what turned the other servers into Tamagochi with particle effects
    3. You're probably not playing the game properly in terms of maximizing XP gain
    4. Most people are having fun
    5. People are forced to group, which is good because most people are incompetent in groups on normal servers
    6. The amount of PvP fostered by a slow leveling curve is amazing
    7. Some people (like me) are having more fun knowing that you, in particular, aren't having fun[/quote]

All I hear is "wahh wahh don't boost xp, because there are only 2 alternatives, either you take 10 years to enjoy the same exact zones for weeks with us, or go play live because this is made for us nostalgia people who enjoy doing wailing caves for 20 hours".

You're right: we're so bad at the game we come on the forums crying for the devs to make it easier.

Oh wait, that's you.
    Shesaz, Lodrelhai and Foretold like this.
  12. Kendayar Active Member

I imagine to see the first 50s by mid next week at least I know I will be at the rate I'm going..

Maybe the bluebies don't have anything to do at 50 but down here in FRESH TO DEATH(TOLL) we gots pvp. You wanna go to FG? Too bad, get dunked on. My dungeon now. Thanks for the gold and the fames, too. Wanna raid that contested x4? Naw son, see you at the respawn camp. Enjoy getting bodied again when you try to stop us in the middle of the pull.

What are you all doing? Play Deathtoll!
  13. Jaden Well-Known Member

------------------
    I do not mind various playstyles, and fully expected a small contingent/percentage to zoom up and do their thing by getting to 50 as fast as possible. THOSE do not affect my daily gameplay.

Boosting exp and opening up more exp Cash Store items will implode a much larger number of players to hurry to end game such as it is currently; larger numbers of players doing so WILL affect other people's gameplay. It will affect the economy as well. I'd like to see the exp mod stay right where its at. Yes, there are dark clouds just over the horizon...(*rmt'rs, botters NOT boxers, cheat-practice-rs and various exploiters.)

Lets fend those sewer sludge dwellers off as long as possible.

***I hope DBG is taking a global end result to the majority of subscribers into account as they consider refining features and mechanics on our brand new fabulous TLE servers!***
  14. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----------------------------
    I think your post is well thought out, well until the end. *Don't go pickin on muh filthy casual tradeskillin addiction!:p

I disagree with you though. Where you say: "because the quests are not leveling you fast enough..." There are a LOT of former EQ II vets who have come back, brought new subscriptions and at least to those of us who played years ago there is a difference. We absolutely knew this wasn't going to be a totally classic server. Its a fresh server with some changes put in place as a little nod to the oldschool days of first playing and its very fun right now! Some things cannot be addressed because the coding would also affect live servers.

I am completely sure that back in the day a lot of people's regular routine was to farm up some extra coin, work on quests, do group content IN A GROUP of other humans ^-^, explore stuff, research and craft a bit. There was never an expectation then that the quests would do it all for you! That is something the devs have been able to address with the idea of the exp mod. Beta players gave feedback about it and the devs already fine tuned it for the experience they were planning to create for us!

Back in the day we were happy/interested to see 'all these quests,' but we also killed 10 or 20 extra mobs in between; on our way to a destination etc so that soon we would be able to equip that great lil piece of gear we got rewarded from some other quest thats sitting in our bags teasing us with its bump of stats!

Instead of 'just grinding what you say are two or three zones for many hours:

-- City Writ quests
    -- Racial quests
    -- Creature catalogue quests
    -- Pay-back-is-a-baitch personally designed quests to go kick some **** on those npc's who got the better of you at some point when you were 'younger' hee hee:D!

There is soooo much to do I don't have enough hours! And I'm a player who has lots of time to play temporarily right now as I'm working on a second degree, and not employed full time.

ZAM eq II (*even though its got some changes going on :() and the EQ II Wikia have scads of information on quests and ways to gain exp without only grinding. And its just not that difficult to weed out what doesn't apply to us on the TLE servers right now, because, well, we have NO expansions yet! Go for it!

**Leave the exp where it is devs, please and thank you!
    Rhodris, Kelvani and HaphazardAllure like this.
  15. Sogapa Active Member

Personally I think the whole 30 day voting cycle was way too short on a server called TIME LOCKED. The point of the TLE servers is to actually play the game again, not rush to end game. That's what the normal servers are for. The xp rate is fine, though I do share the concern that the majority of those who are level 30 by that point are also those who want to rush the progression.

And I feel like I've stepped into the twilight zone. I've never agreed with half the people I agree with in this thread...
    Alenna, Shesaz and Rhodris like this.
  16. madent Member

I think all this cryin bout 30 days vote or not its nonsense and anxiety attack of some random people....

the best exemple is ragefire over eq 1 where the whole community where worshipin long durations of the expansions before the server came in..then dbg did as they asked but after one month everybody was contradictin themselves askin for kunark to be released as quick as possible..

what I mean is instead of whinnnin and worryin bout something that didn't even happened we should be playin the game without worryin how the next is playin and wait the moment when the vote comes in so by that time we will know what s best for the server and im quite sure what will happen is what s better for the server coz im quite sure it wont be the players who will decide if the expansions will come in or not..but dbg.... based on what they think its best to keep the more number of people playin on the server...

honestly for me my personal opinion is that I prefer long duration expansions BUT if I have to choose between long duration expansions or MORE PLAYERS PLAYING THE GAME.... I would easily sacrifice my self desire to have a more healthy community......

so lets wait and see what will be the best for the community in overall...

we still have more a few more weeks before that time come up.... too early to whine bout anything related to expansion votes...
  17. Matik Member

do quests, experience the game, stop grinding like noobs
    Charlice likes this.
  18. Matik Member

like you guys just expect for 1 zone to walk you through all the levels nice and perfect its sad, and then people make fun of wow and wow players in general chat. this eridion guy calling people bad then complaining about noob crap, get real
  19. Malachy Well-Known Member

I think the adv xp is fine, but the crafting xp is absurd. I am getting less than 8% per rush order, that includes each combine in the rush order and that's in the low 20s. This is like doing level 99-100 twice over for every single level, except without the +skills, +progress, +xp gear and vet bonuses. I imagine it continues to get worse.

I basically go harvest for two hours, come back and do rush orders for two hours and get one level. Rinse and repeat. This isn't like adventuring where there are scores of quests - crafting quests are few and far between < 50.

I've been here on and off since beta launch of game in 2004, I'm fairly certain this is not as intended.
    Jaden likes this.
  20. Dixa Active Member

harvest for two hours, craft for how long? then ding?

that's how long it takes for regular levels over 20.