TLP server experience being fixed?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kahleem, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Kahleem Active Member

Saw people talking in general on DeathToll last night that experience was being adjusted "up", but not by much. Just enough to get people out of the stagnation that is going on right now.

It also appears that crafting exp is broken right now as people are being told, per craft, that they're getting X amount but actually getting almost HALF what is being reported.

Yet, i cannot find anything on the forums from a developer stating the intentions of fixing experience gains for mobs and quests?

Anyone got a link D:?
    Siren likes this.
  2. eltk New Member

Have not heard anything about it yet. XP rates are still god aweful.

I get 0.3% xp per red con kill, 0.4% per red con +1 heroic kill in the teens. Cant imagine what it's like post 30 slowdown.

Can't blame the devs that much though. Horrible xp rates + xp/vit pots for real $$ (in another week and a half) is a good way to milk your customers for every last penny.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Kahleem Active Member

Exp potions are % based. They will be essentially a waste of money.

An EXTREMELY Generous Example:
    10,000 experience required to level.
    Starting at 0/10,000
    You get 30 exp per kill == 0.3%
    Or, 334 kills to level

~~With EXP Potions~~
    25% exp potion == 37.5exp per kill
    10,000 / 37.5 exp == 0.375% per kill.
    Or, 267 kills to level

So a 25% exp potion removes 67 kills.

Hypothetical:
    If you're killing at 30seconds per kill.
    Then, (30seconds * 334) / 60 seconds == 167 minutes per level

OR
    If you're killing at 30seconds per kill.
    Then (30seconds * 267) / 60 == 133.5 minutes per level.

Said potion saves you 33.5 minutes for a potion that lasts only an hour or 2hrs and costs anywhere between $2.50 to $5 per potion.

~~Extremely Hypothetical~~
    So for a worst case scenario, you're paying $5 to shave 30minutes off per level. So 20 levels == $100?
    Jaden likes this.
  4. Sunje Active Member

Welcome to the early years of EQ2 ;) there is nothing to milk that's exactly "where adventure comes alive" ;) and you know what?

I LOVE IT!
    LPRPG, Alenna, Fetish and 5 others like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Racing to top level sort of defeats one the main points of the TLE servers vs the live servers....
    LPRPG, Rozyn, Charlice and 3 others like this.
  6. Seefar Well-Known Member

Stop looking at the flaming numbers and everything is absolutely fine...
    Charlice likes this.
  7. Eridion Member

They should boost xp for quests a bit, because right now everyone would rather grind their xp I think.
    I do also believe they should increase xp a bit, I highly doubt most of us are looking forward to grind any alts for a hours and hours, I expect they'll boost xp gain after the majority of the server is higher level at least.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Zealander New Member

XP seems spot on to me, just like the old days. Levelling requires some work and effort now. The xp you get for collection quests seems a little high though.
    LPRPG, Jaden and Charlice like this.
  9. Eridion Member

Huge timesink /=/ time and effort, I think most people just wanted the xp to be slow enough to where you could run through all the dungeons and do questlines in zones without outleveling them before they're finished, not grinding the same dungeons for hours to get a few levels.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Csipi Active Member

and this is what people refer to when they say "rose tinted goggles"

early eq2 wasn't that great now was it?
  11. Charlice Well-Known Member

I think it's awesome.
    Shesaz, Seefar, Foretold and 2 others like this.
  12. Nolus Well-Known Member

The game used to not be about a grind to the top, it's good to smell the roses. :)
    LPRPG, Seefar, Alenna and 2 others like this.
  13. Dixa Active Member

nobody is asking to race to the top, internet jihadists. stop with the extremist bs.

people are stagnating in the teens right now and will start to drop off. these are not people who play the live game these are new payers to the game who came here because of a fresh new server meaning even footing for all.

what they are seeing is a handful of dedicated groupers - who dont include anyone else mind you - shooting up the levels while the entire rest of the server pbase is left to wallow in the teens, getting nowhere.

vit is also broken. shows you have enough vit to finish the level, but as you kill the amount of vit diminshes until you end up at 80% of that level and the vit is now gone. whether a display problem or a math problem, that needs to change and be accurate.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Dixa Active Member

actually early eq2 was terrible. anyone who spends about 10 minutes googling articles from 2004-2005 will see how the game was in dire straights as it went back on all the promises it had made about fixing what made eq1 inaccessible for many
  15. Dixa Active Member

just an FYI, level 20 guildies are saying that xp on a yellow is 0.1% per kill. of course general chat is filled with level 30+ anons who are saying to keep the xp as is. not because it is actually ok as we are talkin about indviduals bragging about 40+ hours of played time already on a 60 hour old server, but it limits their competition. everyone on stormhold over 25 is anon. they ARE racing, and using anon to hide their progress from the masses.

im actually ok with 0.1% xp per kill after level 40. that is absurd for level 20.
    Siren likes this.
  16. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Please do not adjust the exp, we love it this way!
    Fetish, HaphazardAllure and Charlice like this.
  17. Jaden Well-Known Member

Devs, please, PLEASE as you decide to make adjustments and changes going forward on these fabulous new TLE servers, and when you want any player input on said changes, *continue to make up short to-the-point polls/questionnaires that players on the TLE's see upon log in.

What is discussed here on the forums is passionate sometimes, solidly information-filled other times, and wildly imaginary in a humongus amount of cases. The point being, please consider the larger swath of overall players on the two servers, many of whom rarely participate or even come read on the official forums, rather than a thimble-full of those most enjoying word-pvp within these hallowed EQ II forum 'walls.'

Please and thank you.:D
  18. Vazdeline New Member

slow xp will harbor the experience. If everyone reaches max level in say...1 week? Like EQ1 TLP it will completely ruin the game. Keep xp rates as they are.
  19. Shesaz Active Member

20. Dixa Active Member

level 50 loses it's luster if the first there are account sharing no lifers, just as with ragefire and lockjaw

there is already a pre-set group over 30. the rest of the server is average half that level.
    Siren likes this.