TLP server experience being fixed?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kahleem, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Good, and I hope it stays like that. I does not matter if "no lifers" are rushing to 50. The majority will find their own way and right now its gonna be a long but fun jouney. I hope the exp gain will remain exactly like this.
    Sogapa and HaphazardAllure like this.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

How long will it take to level from 20 to 30 getting .1% xp per kill? How many will have managed to do that by the time 30 days is up and the vote to open the next xpac is happening? Can't vote if you aren't 30, and I bet I can guess what the players racing to 50 will vote for.
  3. Guntharr New Member

Daybreak needs to leave the XP right where it's at -- Dear Lord, what's wrong with actually having to explore the content and level your characters the old fashioned way? If people don't like it, there are plenty of normal servers they can rush on and $buy a higher lvl character if they feel the need.
    Seefar and HaphazardAllure like this.
  4. Dixa Active Member

those that are in their 30's now have a pre-set group and are in dungeons where the only meaningful xp is. average joe won't be able to compete with that.

getting to 30 in the next 3 weeks is feasible for all but the most time-restricted player. the question will be - how many subs will renew and keep going if 30 was the best they did in 4 weeks? remains to be seen.

hopefully xp and vit pots are in the cash shop before that first month comes up. should be a good influx of cash shop revenue for the company if you tempt them before their first month runs out
  5. Guntharr New Member

Or -- here's a thought, change the voting to 15?
    Jaden, Seefar and HaphazardAllure like this.
  6. Eridion Member

I don't understand those of you who are like "wahh wahh keep xp as is, we don't want everyone to be 50 in 3 days", why does everything have to be an extreme for you?
    If someone asks for an xp boost you all assume it's gonna be like live or something, I'm certain most of us don't want super fast live like xp, but we also don't want it to take 1hr of grinding to go from lvl 9 to 10.

And by the way, those of you who want to do the same content for 9000 years, you can disable xp, other people having a little bit of an easier time leveling isn't going to affect you, since you all seem to want to stay at low levels until 95 years old.
    Dixa and Guntharr like this.
  7. Fetish Well-Known Member

Please do not adjust XP gain from where it is currently at. It is awesome. A time lock progression server should consist of more than PLing to max level in 2 days...or even 1 week.
    Seefar likes this.
  8. Fetish Well-Known Member

If someone wants to level fast...there is currently an option (several of them actually) that allow you to level ridiculously fast; They are called "normal live servers". Choosing to play on a TL server is optional and purposeful. The TL server (per indication from a skeleton on the Isle of Refuge docks) is about nostalgia...well, welcome to Norrath, the way it used to be. Now get off my lawn.
  9. Ancientwalker New Member

It's perhaps prudent to think of the perspective of the others. Since expansions will be unlocked by vote and you have to be within a certain level range of current cap to vote the future of the server is decided by those who gain xp faster or are higher level.

Since the unlocking of an expansion has an even bigger influence on my game than simply saying "well lock down your xp if you don't like it" it's not a valid counter argument. With each new expansion comes AA/more AA, new features, new stats, new zones, mercs, etc. etc. It's not as simple as "then don't do it".
  10. Guntharr New Member

Again, lvl 30 is a bit high for voting reasons -- it should be lowered to 15 or maybe...20.
    Seefar likes this.
  11. Dixa Active Member

Voting range shouldn't even matter. getting to 30 in 4 weeks is feasible with the current xp rate. Will it be tolerable to those with money? That is the unanswered question. You may get votes to unlock early just to ease the xp burden.
  12. Ancientwalker New Member

Level 15 takes a few hours to make on average or ofc drastically more if you're exploring and crafting and what not. I've also not read (or looked to see) if only adventuring counts or if crafter level also counts towards vote.

Even at release level, there is a vast amount of content to play through, raids, lore, collections, crafting, home decorations, etc. I'm personally not convinced that level based voting is the best way to unlock future content. I can only think that achievement based would be better, but raiders and players who only do specific things would probably disagree there.
  13. Eridion Member

Super slow grinds isn't nostalgia, grinding wc and fg or bb and sh for 10 hours isn't nostalgia.
    Questing isn't even viable because questlines get too high level as you do them, making you go either grind xp to catch up or
    go do lower level quests elsewhere, not to mention the leveling speed with questing is atrocious compared to grinding.

Like I said, if you're bent on doing every quest in the game (which you probably can without needing to disable xp at the current rate), you can do that with slightly faster xp too by disabling adventure xp.
    No one is forcing you to do anything, this server isn't made just to cater just to your "nostalgia" needs.
    jZampage likes this.
  14. Zambonidriver New Member

Love the lvl progression. Don't change a thing.
  15. Swigar Member

only issue I have right now is that they added Auto Engage. All it does is make it possible for characters 9-11 levels higher to gank you non stop
  16. Vlahkmaak Active Member

I enjoy the slower xp rate - it is just fine: No need to adjust anything it is as it should be for an EQ2 experience. Anyone who knows the zones could easily burn to 50 though in no time at all.
  17. Cochy New Member

Considering the people racing as the people who raid I would say they will probably vote at least 1 cycle to stay at the level cap.

As a lowly level 20 Assassin I can tell you the current XP rate seems right. With a good group you can grind out about a level an hour and I've done more quests in SH than I've ever done. With the current speed you actually have time to do the quests in the dungeons without blowing past them and the 6% or so quest XP is actually worth chasing. At level 19 I was getting .5% per yellow kill, much higher than the .1% we are talking about. I am sure it will slow down to .1% by 30-35 but that was launch XP levels.
  18. SBC001 New Member

They are also not required to boost the XP rates for your particular needs either. No one is forcing you to play- if you dont like the xp rates, go somewhere else. Since when are these progression servers like Burger King- Cant always have it your way
  19. Kahleem Active Member

20. Silverdragonx Member

leave the exp as is. If i wanted fast leveling I'd play on live.