TLE Sever tips

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by trixster, Jul 25, 2015.

1. trixster Active Member

1. Click on store and hit bags (L) on keyboard i think. Buy a free 16 slot bag for each charater. 1 per.

Add tips you learned if you are new that you wish you had know.
    Kittybock and Kuulei like this.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

That's a promotion that ends on August 7. Just a heads up for players reading this after that date.
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler New Member

If you do not want to do the quests on the island, you can choose to leave by two means.

1. Dock to the right, click the world bell.

2. Go to the boat and speak to the captain. This will set your city alignment, for your recall point. It can be changed to the other non-island starter city area by going back to the island, speaking to the captain again, and choosing the other option (Freeport or DLW for example).

Bags bought in the marketplace (not the free one that is available one per character for a limited time) are all Heirloom, and can be passed to alts using the shared bank.
    Kittybock and Kuulei like this.
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

If you're playing on the EU region, switch the Launchpad to US region, then patch, TLE servers are only visible to US region, but are playable from the EU, as long as you change the region first.
    Kittybock, Seefar and Kuulei like this.
  5. Windstalker Executive Producer

Great thread idea btw. :) Lots of new and returning players with questions.
  6. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

If you're looking for quests in Freeport (after the Isle), use the internal bell on the docks to take you to the Sunken City - quest givers for newb players there (which lead you on to the Ruins/Sprawl etc).
    Moonpanther and Kuulei like this.
  7. Bloodlich Member

Odosan and Kuulei like this.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

You can go back to the starter isle if you want to finish they quests there later.
    Mowse and Kuulei like this.
  9. trixster Active Member

The frost fang Sea has a set of quest starting at level 1 giving some basic game knowledge and seems to give much better rewards for class than the starter islands. I am told if you go through the entire island you get a mount at the end. **easier to reach for good races but:

The bank: (learned in frostfang as it gives you a 36 slot box.) can be filled with bank only large containers giving you a ton of storage space.

Heroic Moment: It will light up after you engage an enemy you click it and an ability flashes when you use that another in a chain will flash, when you use that you get increased effect. If i remember right these are chainable with other group members for interesting combos but I only played a few months at launch 10 plus years ago.

TLE FAQ: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-locked-expansion-server-faq-june-16.560924/
  10. trixster Active Member

is this maybe the evil version of frostfang sea? I know evil races can get to frostfang but it seems likely each side would have there own hub.
  11. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Evil version of Frostfang sea is Darklight woods outside neriak. I would recommend hitting first Neriak and once those quests gets orange go to graveyard in freeport followed by the sprawl. The quests there will lead you on and you will be ready to return to Darklight soon. Good route for equipment!
  12. Filnydar Member

-Don't forget every tier has at least two zones to quest in : eg, in the Frostfang questline, when you get to a point where you can't equip your rewards anymore, spend a bit of time in Antonica.

-Upgrade the spells you use a lot at least to journeyman level : the difference is noticeable.

-Don't bother putting your tier 2 advanced scrolls on the broker : the Halas tradeskill questline unlocks a merchant who sells them.
    But drops are the only way to get the tier 3-5 ones, so these ones will sell.

-Use the broker for your lore and legend quests : the smart loot code on them doesn't seem to be active on Stormhold, so you'll get a lot of duplicates.
  13. VeilShard Active Member

Is there a way for evil chars to get those scrolls? I only have one char slot right now to use and it's an evil character unfortunately
  14. flameweaver Well-Known Member

As long as you can find your way to New Halas, there is a Coalition Tradesfolk NPC in the ranger building that gives a similar TS questline, handing out rares for the quests and at the end, an option to purchase the advance books 10-19 inclusive, 4 silver and few coppers each. You need to be a level 10 crafter to get the first quest, but you can safely craft and buy fuels in the New Halas crafting area, however you won't have bank access.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

There actually are bankers in the area you can use as an evil. Both the banker in the starter area of New Halas (swim or take the raft across to the other island) and the banker in the cave down the hill and past the skeleton orcs from the evil crafting quest giver are accessible at least on regular servers. I have no evils on TLE so not 100% sure it still holds true there. There is also a broker in the building with that quest giver you can access.
    flameweaver likes this.
  16. Adevil Well-Known Member

The broker by the quest giver deals with evil characters, and if you care to make the run to that quest hub in the cave over by Herga, that banker will deal with evil, too.
    flameweaver likes this.
  17. Seefar Well-Known Member

That there are a lot of new players is reason enough to /cheer :)
  18. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

That box is for harvestables only, and each character only gets one, as it is from the intro to harvesting quest.
  19. trixster Active Member

So my assumption that there are containers to fill the other slots. I know any bag can fit in it. So you can get a lot of space. I just seem to remember large boxes that could not be equiped.
  20. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yeah, that special container can't be equipped. But you can put any other bags/boxes in the other slots. This game is very generous in vault space. Plus you get more slots in your house vault. And buying a house opens up all the AH slots.