TLE Sever tips

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by trixster, Jul 25, 2015.

1. trixster Active Member

This of course only applies to the PvP server.
  2. Kindread Active Member

[TLE PvP]

When you hit level 20 make sure you purchase the Vision Totems that give you See Invisibility and See Stealth .. it will increase your survivability 10 fold.

They sell pretty cheap and are worth the cost. They are also very easy to make if you want to be a woodworker.
    BulletCatcher66 likes this.
  3. Moop New Member

Great thread! I started on the PVP server and am enjoying it now--more tips would be great.

Do you leave autoface target on for pvp?
    for a shadowknight what weapon is the prefernce? is there a specific type? should i sword and board or use a 2hander?
  4. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

[TLE PvP]

This is very true. Unless you have a crafting alt level 9 or lower, you need to craft in the tradeskill instance. The Qs come gank crafters in WFP quite often. There is another thread where people are making a stink about no guards killing freeps in Halas crafting areas. Well, us freeportians are getting ganked by Qs in West Freeport on the regular. It goes both ways.
  5. Faragel New Member

At least theres guards that path and kill you if you aren't careful getting into the crafting area
  6. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

[TLE PVP]

The guards in qeynos roam around too, protecting the locals very well. The guards in WFP routinely roam far away from the crafting area, and on top of that there is a guard... a distracted guard, that dosen't aggro the Qs.

No worries though, just a shout out in /shout will usually gather some people to drive them outta the area.
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. Papablaze Member

Some random advice for people on either TL server:

Explore, a lot of the rare spawns or mobs (nightfall giants, reetusk, bloodtalon), drop nice gear or have a chance of dropping really rare fableds that trump tradeskilled gear.

PVP:

Keep pumice on you, these can be purchased for 6 silver and 1000 status off of a city merchant, absolutely vital for pvp. Alchemists can also make cures/immune potions that go pretty cheap.

If you're trying to harvest and you're not level locking, use one of the t3 instances (FMG/Eternal Gorge) to safely farm the harvests you need.

Check the foreign broker for masters, I've consistently been able to find t3/4/5 masters on the foreign broker for 10g.

City quests (qeynos timeline/tunarian alliance timeline) can give a ton of exp and gold for their levels early into the game, many of these quests open up instances of the old suburbs and scale with your level. A player can safely hit 20 in either city via exploring and doing the quest lines. Each faction rewards a Cloak at 20 and the Timelines can be found with an easy search on eq2wiki.
    sudopudge and Jaden like this.
  8. trixster Active Member

9. Adevil Well-Known Member

City merchants offer status as well as coin for collectibles and L&L items. Always stop to grab that shiney, it's probably worth 200SP!
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  10. trixster Active Member

So i came across this botting Necro killing 30's. Stack of bodies 2 chests. After filing the report. I got a small stack of coins and 3 level 35 status items. Thanks banned Necro.
  11. Adevil Well-Known Member

Sure he wasn't just AFK leveling? Necros can do that with the power the pets have currently.
  12. trixster Active Member

So afk leveling is ok? There were 7 on overlord the other day standing on the 9 skeleton spawns. If you stand on a spawn and go take a shower cook a meal hang out with the girlfriend and come back 2 hours later. That's cheating to me.
    adaria likes this.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

Well it certainly isn't botting....

Edit: Botting is bannable offense. AFK leveling is more likely to get a warning rather than a ban. Not sure what the TOS says on that, tbh. Many on regular do it with mercs now.
  14. Carni Active Member

Using a merc or pet to kill stuff while the character does nothing or is afk is cheating, in my book. It isn't even close to being a grey area, it is cheating. If people aren't being banned for it, they should be.
  15. trixster Active Member

Apparently this has already cause a change of many thing to non-agro. This lowers the overall difficulty of the game negative impacting one the of the thing that makes the EQ series stand out. This is a mechancical issue though. All they need is to code it so that pets/mercs will stop defending if you fail to perform an action for say 180 secs. Something like that. Then the only way to afk grind would be 3rd party hacks which are clearly bannable. Arg I lead my own thread astray.... I saw that comming and cant see a way to delete only edit posts.
  16. Bloodlich Member

Pet classes...please turn off pet protect me/protect yourself in groups. Both you and your pet will live longer. Here's why: Let's say you're running through a zone (let's say Fallen Gate) and your group is moving fairly quick when all of a sudden a random zombie hits you while you're running. If your pet is set to protect me/protect self (default setting) then it's going to head back to that zombie and fight it. Of course it will die and when it does then that zombie will be heading for you and the last thing you want is a zombie smacking you in the face with it's decomposing limbs.

So just remember before heading off with a group to turn off those 2 things. I've highlighted those abilities with my expertly drawn MS Paint arrows for those of you that are unfamiliar with the pet bar . [IMG]