Tips for Kunark Ascending

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, Nov 15, 2016.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

For those that did not participate in beta.

Kunark Ascending Timeline

Many of us have gone thru painstaking lengths to update eq2wiki for you guys (and ourselves) to use when doing the signature and more. Thank you for everyone that chipped in! Click this link to open the wiki.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Kunark_Ascending_Timeline

Tracking

In Kunark Ascending classes that can track have a massive advantage over classes that cannot. So if you have not chosen a raid main or you're undecided about which class you'll start with first, I highly recommend one with the tracking ability. As an alternative you can purchase a race change potion from the marketplace and become an elf. I believe all elven races (half elf, high elf, wood elf, etc.) have the tracking ability. So race change is an option. Another alternative is the ranger merc from Kelethin. He gives you the ability to track (So I'm told. I have not tested this personally). The devs have made this expansion harder that before. Quest updates roam around and some are never stationary. Get tracking!

New Spell Timers for Hotbars

It's pretty cool! It's similar to Profit, Darqui, Drums, etc. in the sense that it adds a timer over the icon on your hotbars. This works for both spells and items. To turn it on go to Options > User Interface > Spell Icons > Display Numerical Reuse Counter.

Health

If you're planning on tackling KA heroic and raid zones I recommend you get yourself up to or over 4 million hitpoints. Wards have been nerfed down to 50% due to a new 50% bleedthrough. You have to survive some hits now. 4 mil seems to be the magic number for a minimum. You can certainly get by with less, this is just my personal recommendation.

Deity Points

For those of you that don't know there was a massive change to deity points in beta. Open up your deity window and look at your potency, crit bonus and stamina. You now a reason to grind your butt off, even level 100 with max AAs. Go, go, go!

Ethereals from ToT

When you log in they will be in your overflow. They are now heirloom so trade them to an alt or new main if you want! This includes jewelry, cloak and war runes.

New Critical Weapon Procs

All Kunark Ascending weapons will appear to be kind of low in the tooltip. But don't let that fool you! They crit for upwards of 350 million! So if you see a weapon that has a proc of only 18k, GET IT BECAUSE ITS AN UPGRADE!

Kaesora & Cabilis

The entire zone of Kaesora was relocated in Fens. You can now find it very near to Cabilis, the place you did the Greenmist Heritage Quest. There's also a new zone in for Cabilis. All three zones look identical and are within 100 meters of each other. Meaning they have stairs below the terrain that leads to a stone entrance door. The new default map should show the new locations but if you're using a custom UI they may be wrong.

Solos, Advanced Solos, Heroics and Raid Zones

They are located in Fens, Kunzar Jungle (City of Mist), Thalumbra and Obulus Frontier. Some of them are inaccessible until you've done a few of the Signature sub-quests. Some zones are not accessible until you've completed the entire signature questline.

New Purple Adorns for Armor

These are player made by tradeskillers only. Each tradeskill class (jeweler, woodworker, provisioner, etc) can make two of them unique to their class. These are sets of runes. Meaning 3 of them will give 100k ability mod, 26 potency and all of them increase an ascension ability. You'll like them!

New Green Adornments

Every zone (including raids) drop new damaged (just like ToT) green adornments. We still don't know where to obtain all the recipes.

Resolve Requirements

Each new heroic and raid zone have resolve requirements. Failure to meet the requirement will almost certainly mean you will not be able to kill that particular mob. Here is an estimated scale from beta... thank you for whoever did the write up on this (sorry beta forums are down so can't remember your name). Solos and Advanced Solos do not have a resolve requirement but you will certainly notice the new combat mitigation on named and trash. Debuff!

T1 Zones: Minimum Resolve - 189

Fens of Nathsar
    The Ruins of Cabilis [Heroic]
    Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold [Heroic]
    Kaesora: Tomb of the Venerated [Event Heroic]

Areanna'se Spire
    Forgotten Sanctum [Heroic]
    Repository of Secrets [Heroic]
    Vessel of the Sorceress [Event Heroics]

Kunzar Jungle
    Lost City of Torsis: The Spectral Market [Heroic]

T2 Zones: Minimum Resolve - 241

Kunzar Jungle
    Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants [Heroic]
    Lost City of Torsis: The Shrouded Temple [Event Heroic]

Obolus Frontier
    Crypt of Dalnir: Baron's Workshop [Heroic]
    Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber [Heroic]
    Crypt of Dalnir: Wizard's Den [Event Heroic]

T3 Zones: Minimum Resolve - 290

Kunzar Jungle
    Lost City of Torsis: Reaver's Remnants [Challenge Heroic]

It should be noted that this is a general idea of the requirement but named mobs will vary in T1-T3 reqs. One zone can have both T1 and T2 names.
    Cuelaen, Rojen, Elinea and 21 others like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Thank you for the updates and keeping us informed. This will all be VERY useful in the days, weeks and hopefully months to come!
    Prissetta and ZUES like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

All elves do not get tracking. The races that get tracking, as a racial ability, are:
    • Half Elf
    • Halfling
    • Kerra
    • Wood Elf
    Kraeref, Asuna and ZUES like this.
  4. Malahk Active Member

Zhaanish and ZUES like this.
  5. xpsync Active Member

Thanks very helpful.
    ZUES likes this.
  6. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Btw if you don't have tracking and don't wish to spend cash changing your race this is tracking merc.
    He's Trundo Flitterfling located in Kelethin Jysolin's Pub 195,108,348.
    He'll track just as well as a player can, but he isn't of any real use for combat so you will have to switch him back and forth with your main merc.
    ZUES likes this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

Isn't there also a tinkered tracking item?
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

There's definitely one for harvest track (Gnomish Divining Rod). Not fully sure on a mob/npc track one. Would be nice, I dislike using the ranger merc but only because he seems "weak" (maybe I'll feel differently once merc gear/training is in place).
  9. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

Thanks great info!
    ZUES likes this.
  10. Rdy2rock Member

Great writeup! Thanks a bunch!
    ZUES likes this.
  11. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

bump.

Thx for the awesome updates !!

Also: if you're not a tracking race - you can buy tracking scrolls from the DBG Marketplace :/ or use a ranger merc's tracking ability..
    Kittybock, ZUES and Prissetta like this.
  12. Xerikton Active Member

not sure why you would want tracking. I had no problem finding quest mobs just by reading the quest and looking around. the new area isn't that big. harvesting tracking is great for finding the language quest shinnies though.

other than that great post.

someone needs to post a walk through for the ship. that is if it hasn't already been done. many are going to be needing that.
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  14. Xerikton Active Member

thank you!!!!!!!!

in beta all I heard were questions about the boat for days.
    ZUES likes this.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

Nice write up Zues, did you happen to write down the macro command needed to get the enemy bar up and running?
    ZUES likes this.
  16. Shmogre Well-Known Member

/togglethreatlistwindow (if that's the one you mean)
    ZUES likes this.
  17. RadarX Community Manager

Extremely helpful! Thank you ZUES!
    ZUES and Meneltel like this.
  18. Ellimist Active Member

If you get lost looking for the spell counter like I did. Click the advanced button first then the spell icons list will show up.
    ZUES and Shmogre like this.
  19. Tsurupettan Active Member

In another thread you mentioned a bauble that lets you skip a lot of the requirements, after doing everything once. Does the bauble also teach you Cae'dal?
    ZUES likes this.
  20. ZUES Well-Known Member

Good question.