Tips for Kunark Ascending

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you Sir for this insight.
    It is encouraging.
    ZUES likes this.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

Yes, it's your personal resolve with full group buffs. It's possible for a group to meet a resolve check but one individual still be short. In that case that member simply will not be able to damage the mob. But he/she can still debuff it, heal, etc. Hopefully he/she is not the tank or a DPS tho. If that person disbanded the group with his/her 15 group resolve buff, the group is now stranded and will need to fill that slot before they can progress in the zone.

Everyone can very easily meet these resolve checks. Just consider it a ladder. You may have to go down one rung of potency in order to go up one rung of resolve.
  3. Tsurupettan Active Member

A full set of Twark crafted gear puts you at 105 resolve (21 slots, 5 per Twark piece).
    Your personal buff is at least ten. The rest of your group is at least ten. This is 60.

Right there that's 165 out of 189! There's only 24 more to go.

But you also get the Greenmist weapon which is 9 (20* left) and apparently the proc is better than it appears.
    If you complete the Triumph, you get a heroic ranged weapon worth 9 (16* left).
    Then you get the fabled offhand, which is worth 14 (7* left).
    If you completed ToT, you get the Eterheal offhand, which is worth 20 (1* left).

If you managed to pick up a single item from any of the solos you did during the sig line, you should be at or over 189.

edit: I was reminded me the new craft cloak exists! If you are a crafter, you are getting at least a 14 resolve cloak. If you upgrade the cloak, it's 20.

So taking the numbers above, that can put you over 200 with buffs.

edit #2: And the mounts include 8 resolve. So doing everything possible that's solo and crafted, you're looking at a potential 211 Resolve with group buffs.

*All of these are with the prior value taken into account, e.g. you gain +4 on the weapon in total if you had a Twark weapon.
    ZUES likes this.
  4. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thank you , Zues, and everyone/anyone else who contributed to the wiki page-this expansion really feels like the old days of EQ1 where everyone helped each other out in chat, and on the forums..really nice to see this side of gaming again:)
    Prissetta, ZUES and Shmogre like this.
  5. alpherious_Maj'dul Member

currently i'm at 180, haven't really been able to get rid of certain pieces, my pots sitting at 7.7k in defensive stance, and i feel like if it goes any lower i'll lack the dps to hold agro on the now even more uber dps.
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I didn't see it mentioned (so if I missed it, it is probably because I'm multitasking), but If one (who meets the requirements) does the first several tradeskill quests upon arriving in the zone, then they will have sufficient faction with the goblins to make them non-aggro. Given the length of time it takes to bring mobs down (at least initially) this can reduce the amount of time it takes to get through the beginning of the adventure line. Additionally, other tradeskill quests later in the line give faction enough to reduce the aggro mobs in other areas.
    Shmogre likes this.