Tips for Kunark Ascending

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Gamhuin New Member

Am I missing something?
    I'm level 100, max aa, did all of ToT and prior content, but my resolve is only 44 and it takes me 10 minutes to kill a trash mob now.
  2. ZUES Well-Known Member

Your resolve very low for this content. There is no resolve requirement for Obulous Frontier, solos and advanced solos. There are a few exceptions to that (contested named mobs). But you're more than likely experiencing the new combat mitigation. It makes it much harder to kill stuff. Most classes can debuff it. A little goes a long way.
    Raff likes this.
  3. Trepide@Storms Member

Recipes for green adorns can be bought in Twark (OF). They require some faction with the goblins (I don't remember if it is 20k or 30k) to be buyable.
    ZUES likes this.
  4. alpherious_Maj'dul Member

could you also possibly add where all the click quest locations are (like the banner in twark) i've done next to all the quests except two and i can not find them for the life of me. and the wiki has no info on them.
    ZUES likes this.
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

Is that for the raid dropped greens too?

If I can get that far before raid tonight yes. Busy day.
  6. Strings Well-Known Member

Are there any threads where we can put new expac bugs? Or at least confusions? If you do both questlines at the same time, the missing queen won't go missing. I didn't even see the sparkley note because I was hailing the queen. Didn't know she was supposed to be missing till I looked it up
    [IMG]
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thanks, Zues! Pinned this in our Guild FB group.
    ZUES likes this.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

That is really low resolve for a max level class coming out of ToT. Should be 100+ at least. My Defiler coming out of ToT has 114 Resolve. Resolve looks to be pretty important in this expac.

I know its hard, but I suggest dropping some of the low resolve gear you got in Zek and adding high resolve gear from the heroics. Its a trade off....you lose some great procs and exchange them for some just okay procs. But even though I still carry my lower resolve gear, I haven't put it back on since I changed it all out.
    ZUES likes this.
  9. Elinea Well-Known Member

I played the heck out of beta, and still learned something new from this. Thank you!
    ZUES likes this.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

As others have said, your resolve is pretty low plus there is the new combat mit mechanic. This next part is pure speculation on my part since I'm not sure which character you are referring to. I did a search on EQ2U for "Gamhuin" and found a wizard. If that is you, your main problem is gear. That character is wearing a lot of very early ToT quest and AS type stuff. Potency at 1200ish is quite low for current gear. With the fabled zek additions that came mid-ToT plus the ethereal event over the summer many players are running between 9 and 10k potency with the best geared being 11-12k and more pot. I don't believe the new expansion is necessarily tooled towards those at the very highest end but I suspect it's assuming quite a bit more than 1200.

So, assuming the above is you, the good news is it will get a lot better as you swap out pieces and rapidly gain potency and CB. I didn't pay attention to the tradeskilled gear at all for the new expansion but it might be worth investigating. The bad news is, it may be tough or at least slow in the meantime.
    captainbeatty451 and Raff like this.
  11. Chrol Developer

Claz'zakla can also track.
    Kittybock, Cuelaen, Maripop and 3 others like this.
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

This can happen if you are doing the tradeskill and adventure lines at the same time - there is a timeline conflict because the tradeskill line says she is missing but the adventure one has her still present.
    Strings likes this.
  13. Strings Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a waypoint for the Crypt of Dalnir? It's not listed in the wiki and my map isn't working.

Edit: Sorry someone in chat had it. My map still has no info though...
  14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's on the main land close to broken pylon as opposite to Twark island.
    Trepide@Storms likes this.
  15. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Zues:
    So if I am understanding this correctly, it seems to me this expansion is aimed at the RAIDers.
    Who in their self-centeredness will always have the best of the best gear, going out of their way to assure none others are able to access the new expansion environments.
    So answer for me, if you can Sir, how is the casual player ever expected to successfully explore/complete/improve?
  16. Ellimist Active Member

Resolve isn't important for us filthy casuals. We can do all the solo and adv solo zones without it and the heroics have a set amount of resolve across them 149ish I believe so you can get there easily from the quest and adv solo gear.

If you want to improve your stats and character the work on deity points and you ascension classes. This is the approach I'm taking as a solo player this expac. I'm hoping I can max my deity points in at least one tree.
  17. Lojaak Well-Known Member

After doing the sig line, a couple solos and two AS, I'm at 150 resolve self buffed. I'd only need 4 more resolve buffs (or 3 if you get 2 of the 15 buffed resolve classes like inq) to put me at a heroic level. You'll be surprised how quick stats will climb.
  18. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your points of view, will make attempts to apply these understandings.
    Ellimist likes this.
  19. ZUES Well-Known Member

When discussing personal resolve you must take a few things into account.

1. Every class in the game has a raidwide resolve buff.
    2. When a group of 6 players enters a heroic zone their new personal resolve is their base resolve plus the 5 other raidwide resolve buffs that your group mates have. So the above resolve requirements are VERY easy to meet!
    3. Raids are no different. Take your personal resolve and add the 23 other raidwide resolve buffs. That should put everyone in current mix of ToT and KA gear between 350-415 resolve.

So most of the best in slot gear we've seen so far is NOT dropping from raids at all. Actually, not one single item we've seen in raids compares to stuff casual players have access to. Caith and Kander really hooked us up on heroic and quested gear this xpac.

Do heroic, do heroics, do heroics! Get the dailies and the weeklies! Why you ask? This is why....

\aITEM -1992957326 -861704156:Legate's Blackened Chain Shirt\/a

[IMG]
  20. alpherious_Maj'dul Member

those resolve caps you listed are they solo recommended resolve? or the resolve necessary including group buffs? if it's the latter then it's just a matter of figuring out where tanks need to sit at mitigation wise in order to survive in said heroics. If anyone has any knowledge of that feel free to direct it towards my post in the fighter forum.