This Takes the Cake

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sheene, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Mathrim Active Member

No. The price doesn't. And noone else here seems to think so either.

Maybe you can't grasp that. Noone here belives a 2 mana, 1 tungsten item should lead to A PERAMENT FOREVER unadorner.

Until you get past that mental block, there really isn't any other point in talking to you.
  2. Sheene Member

Wurm, basically, I agree with this. I was pretty upset. We all get upset. I am a tinkerer. I was given the recipe by a friend who won it and I promised to use it to remove her adornments. I am fresh out of frozen mana and she lent me two. So I made the thing... tested that it could be moved from character to character and then right in front of her, tested it out on some no-trade level 80s cloak of mine... It wasn't the mana. I can replace that.

Okay, I'm an idiot,,, I should have thought "consumable" when I saw "expensive" but I didn't. I'm sorry to have bothered you all... I hope you all understand.
  3. Guiscard Active Member

Apparently the description has been changed to dsecribe it acurately.

HOWEVER, if the initial description does NOT say it is going to be destroyed on use, then I have every reason to expect it to stay around. The price does not always give you a clue -- look at the prestige tree in TS. No clue that it was worthless -- yes you have a right to expect the decription to match the results - that is why it is called a description - check the meaning of the word in a dictionary.

The OP should be entitled to a return of his MATS.
  4. Sheene Member

Come on, be fair... I made my bot when it was first released years ago... Fuel, ingredients? All I remember was that it was expensive. And, I am quite surprised that you would want the same white adornments twice. Haven't you been playing much? I'm not being insulting here but my characters are developing. Everything in this game is changing so fast. In Drunder it was all crit chance and the scouts were screaming for DPS. Now they are all maxed in DPS and they want accuracy and flurry. The crit chance adornments are all gone because we are all over 400 crit chance without them... You really think that getting the multi-attack adornments that got you to 600 will be wanted with the gear we are looting now?

The other thing is... and I want you to be fair... Erzebeth is just being personal and judgemental so she isn't actually saying anything about the issue, just about me which doesn't concern me. So the "No one seems to think so" out of a community of thousands is 2. And (laughing here) one of the two actually paid 300 plat because he did think it was a permanent item... On your logic we are going to have half the EQ2 community very upset! Come on, it's funny. Your saying that no one here would make that mistake when half of us did.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

In regards to fabled gear,

If the old piece of gear has superior adornments and you are upgrading, you will more than likely want to put those salvaged adorns into the new piece of gear. With lesser or greater adorns, more than likely you will crush the old piece of gear it to see if you can get a mana out of it.
  6. Erszebeth Active Member

the only thing personal here, from anyone, has been in regards to your ~waah waah woe is me~ original post, and subsequent crying after that. Frankly, I didn't think it needed to be restated...again...and again...and again...as virtually everyone else has already stated, that yea, a note on it saying its consumed, or one time use, or whatever WOULD have been nice, and maybe saved a few people some plat, but frankly, I see it as no different then the people paying 10s-100s of plat on the broker for the recipe they can buy for 23 gold in steamfont, the day it was put in, a little bit of effort goes a long ways in NOT making these mistakes. As for adorns, no, I don't always keep the same adorns on toons, as my gear evolves, so do my adorns, into what I need now, that I didn't need before, or something new because I no longer need what I did; however, I also have a small army of alts, and using those lovely unattuners from the goblin game I've gotten plenty of hand-me-down pieces for some of them, which would be a big problem for the adorning market should there actually be a permanent unadorner.
    Is it fair that you got ripped on a couple manas and a tungsten? I dunno...I don't really care either, I've been in the same boat, albeit much more costly, and gotten over it; point remains, its a game, everything you have can come and go in the blink of the flipping of a switch. As for getting your mats back via /petition, theres certainly a stronger case to be made for a refund of all my years of play because the SC store got implemented after vehement protests that such a thing would NEVER happen.
    Ya know what...if your on AB send me an ingame mail, I'll mail ya the mats, if it really means that much, because frankly, I can make em up in 20 minutes with little effort.
  7. R.J. MacReady Active Member

Items(all types) in MMO's are everything. It's the pursuit of them that drives us.

Not to clearly mark any item that can poof with an action is just asking for trouble.
  8. Mathrim Active Member

I haven't run MA adornments for 8 or 9 months now and the CC that I do run stay where they are because there is nothing signicantly better. The gear levels that people using these Advanced Dislodgers on are pretty much set as to what is best in slot static adornments. They aren't "developing" their gear. Their gear is at a level that there is such a miniscule item upgrade...going from 11 CB to 11.4 CB..that NOTHING changes. All that changes is the adornments need moving over. If you don't understand or belive this, then just spend some time looking through the EQ2U profiles of high end guild raiders and you'll see the patterns in adornments. Everyone runs the same adornments for their archetype in 95% of the slots.

As far as the spending 300pp for Wurm, if he thought it was worth it, even in the long run, who really cares? I don't see him posting on the forums whining about it. I've seen people pay 2k plat for an item one week on launch, just to see the same item selling in level chat for 500 the next week.

Value is subjective to everyone and is based on each persons individual assessment. Getting burned on an item or feeling like you got jipped is typically a personal viewpoint. You can't get upset when other people don't share the same viewpoint.

The only people who have a real gripe about getting burned is when Sony actually nerfs items and classes and physically changes a players assests against their will.
  9. Regolas Well-Known Member

I don't know why they don't put a 1 charge thing on them tbh. Most things that are expendable have them.

I would like to share my dumbassness also. Not on dislodgers, but on wormholes.

I saw two wormholes on the broker for cheap (10pp each), that I bought for my alts that haven't finished the sig quest yet. Thought I got a bargain until I attuned them, cast them, and ended up in ODUS not OBOL. Oops!
    Erszebeth likes this.
  10. Erszebeth Active Member

I've been there...recently....crafting an item for an alt, draconic bo staff, put the superior astral adorns in it, popped it in the shared bank, forgot about it.....next day went through muting gear and muted my staff, I'm sure the look on my face was priceless and I was pretty upset about it lol.
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yeah, most limited use items and charms have a 1/1 - limited use thing on their description.

That is all SoE really needs to do, put a more accurate description on these dislodgers.
    Tylia likes this.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, if the charges text is missing from the recipe/item, then it is clearly a bug.
  13. Draylore Well-Known Member

Geez.....only an idiot would think the tinkered adorn removers were not consumables.......and only an even bigger idiot would complain about it on the forums. I with the guy that says he feels sorry for SOE.......and I am the last person to defend or praise SOE.

When I first even heard that there would be adorn removers added...I knew they would have to be 1-shot uses.......nothing else makes sense. Did not need to see any item description or examine window to realize the obvious.
  14. Kokorobosoi Active Member

**gets more popcorn**
    Erszebeth likes this.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, you'd have to be very naive to believe they would not be consumables, however, it still should be consistently marked as is the case with all other consumable items.

Now, on a horse of a different color, I'd rather they be reusable and just consume the manas and what not with each use =P
  16. Kisy Active Member

Reading just that sentance right there makes me wonder if you'd be one to sue McDonalds because the coffee was hot and burned your leg.

If you've been playing this game long enough you understand that with something that would never go away would come at GREAT Cost... I understand its Fabled.... and it is a rare drop, and you were excited, and it didn't say that it would go POOF... I get that... as does everyone else who has been reading this thread.

But you should understand also, that with an unadorner, you should ASSUME ( and yes I know how to spell assume ) that it would go poof and be suprised and delighted when it doesn't.

So look at it this way.....It sucks it went poof, but pull up your pants and move on.
    Erszebeth likes this.
  17. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Has anyone mentioned yet that items that stack are also all consumable in one way or another? When you made the dislodger and saw the little 1, how could you not realize it was consumable.

Dislodgers that are unlimited use clearly have a reason to stack to 200.

My temporary 1% CB adornments don't have a 1/1 charge on them, why aren't they unlimited use? None of the adornments I've ever made have a 1/1 charge on them, why can't I just make 1 adornment and apply it to every slot in my gear?
    Erszebeth likes this.
  18. Erszebeth Active Member

Alot of things are assumed in this game, consumables are in those assumptions, that we the players are not so asinine or stupid as to need warning labels and for sony to save us from our own stupidity.....I suppose in the US, we have the government to thank for that tho....be careful with that there hot cup of fresh brewed coffee, its hot...might burn you if your not careful....
  19. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Honestly, you guys need a new soap box. Why is it so unreasonable to have something marked as consumable. What is the harm? Not everyone has been playing for years or knows all of the ins and outs. Would I have assumed that it would be used up in one shot? Yes. But it doesn't make someone an idiot for not knowing that. What really seems strange to me (although truly around here it shouldn't) is the feeding frenzy that has been going on because the OP was upset about something that bothered them in game.
  20. Erszebeth Active Member

the feeding frenzy was brought on by blood in the water..i.e.

woe is me for I was ripped off by sony of virtual goods I clicked a few buttons for and they should give me a refund, it infuriated me for well over an hour after I logged out, they're picking on me....

paraphrased slightly and condensed for easier reading.
    Kokorobosoi likes this.