This Takes the Cake

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sheene, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Sheene Member

So, this is what I get is it? So if you think it is BS why waste the effort to respond? There must have been some reward for you to reply to this thread unless you spread your compassion, humanity and understanding on every thread in the forum. Because, if not then kicking someone who is down is fun to you.

I'm amazed at the stupidity of the reponders so far. When you look at the recipe and its icon it looks like any other permanent tinkered machine. There are dozens of them and they are all expensive to make and this is the basic rule of tinkering. Fireworks are cheap; the repair bot is expensive. So how many other are going to fall into this trap?

And this?

"Seriously....if THIS is what takes the cake...you haven't been around for very long, because its pretty mediocre on the eq2 timeline, and you should just take your gaming elsewhere because your gonna give yourself a coronary over SOE's handling of EQ2."

Wow... What are you still doing here? I am here because I like this game and when the developers make such a stupid mistake as to not lable something so expensive (like all other permanent items are expensive) as "consumable" VERY CLEARLY I think bringing it to their attention by saying it on the SONY website rather than Flames or Wire is the best action to take.

But you people seem to think that sloppy is okay. That's an indictment of you; not me.
  2. Mathrim Active Member

Yep. I do. It means I can carry one on a raid with me and as soon as I get a new item, bam, I pop off 5 adorns, pop it on, and keep rolling. No craft time involved, no loss of 2 FABLED adornments to get yellow/red/green back. I get it all back at the cost of the destroyed gear. Fair trade imo.

And as soon as I see it below 500 pp on broker, I'll snap it up. I knew it was a single use from the first time I saw the recipe and the required build components. I wasn't confused for a moment.

The thought that anyone could look at those build components and think that this is a PERMANENT FOREVER full dislodger is just ....w...t...f...
    Wurm likes this.
  3. Mathrim Active Member

And we are amazed at the stupidity and denseness of your post and not being able to realize that the recipe isn't the same.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

I bought one for 300 plat off the broker the first week CoE came out, and I wasn't amused that it disappeared the first time I used it, I also thought it would be a permanent tool (the pliers icon it first had also hinted at it) due to the tool-tip it was given.

But what I didn't do was rush here and start ranting about it.

And considering that the dislodger even now says that it destroys itself when being used in it's new tool-tip; I'm surprised you didn't figure it out when you made your first one.
    Guiscard likes this.
  5. Sheene Member

So to get back say 3 coloured adornments and two white adornments you would spend 2 Frozen mana, 2 rares, two infusions... Well, it's a poor second. We are assuming that the two white adornments are superior Astral adornments that go into the new piece and are still on your current want list.

You're a 95 Alchemist. Put the effort in to become an adorner. Choose the right-hand tradeskill prestige as an alternative spec on your mirror if you don't have it. Buy the advanced vendor one - cost 2 rares - and get back your coloured adornments. Now, make the two Astral superior adornments with a chance to get your frozen mana back. You will get your infusions back.
  6. Mathrim Active Member

Ok. Since you seem to be the person who gets to decide what is "cheap" and what is "expensive", explain to me how making absolutely ANY SINGLE item with tinkering is expensive.

I can harvest everything I need to make a bot in an hour. No monetary expense involved. I can harvest every thing I need to make Call of the Tinkerer in an hour. No monetary expense involved. I can kill some mobs, get some powders and fragments, distill them up and make a dislodger in an hour. No monetary expense involved.

Quit trying to EQUATE THE VALUE of the recipe and dislodger to IT'S FUNCTIONAL USE. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

You should have realized from the recipe build components that the item wasn't the same caliber. The fact that you didn't and came on here to whine about it astounds a lot of us here. But by all means, petition and ask Sony to change the description or make the item show 1 charge. Doesn't matter to me one bit.

Just quit with the woe is me and acting like you've suffered some great injustice. You lost some build components that will take you 30 minutes to an hour to get back. Big whoop.
    Erszebeth likes this.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm a max level harvester a max level transmuter a max level adorner and a max level tinkerer... making one will pretty much cost me 0 plat. Are we done bickering yet?

Oh and your math is wrong... its still cheaper making the best dislodger than making 2 new superior astral adorns + the lower level dislodger for the colored adorns.

And you are missing the point. The fabled dislodger is meant for raiders to carry around with them so they can do gear upgrades on the fly during raid. You don't need them for anything else.
    Cearra and Erszebeth like this.
  8. Erszebeth Active Member

I'm still here because I enjoy EQ2, its a game, and it DOES NOT get my blood pressure climbing, or leave me infuriated over something trivial an hour or more after I log off.
    I've been scammed out of a few thousand plat, o well, I made it back, I've accidentally destroyed a stack of manas because I wasn't paying attention, I made em back, I've given out dozens of freebie rares, and free PLs, I've banged my head against a brick wall trying to figure a mechanic out, but when I get frustrated, I log out, do something else, and come back when I feel like it...
    HOWEVER...
    what I don't do is lose my cool and flip out like this....yes there is a post in general gameplay here buried somewhere that I made while I was in the midst of broken content and rather upset....but when i finished the post I logged and went out in the real world, by the time I shut my monitor off...it was forgotten.
    If a game has you STILL infuriated an HOUR after something has upset you, you need some counseling or something, its a game, its all virtual, and it can all be remade, NBD.
    Tylia, Cearra and Wurm like this.
  9. Mathrim Active Member

Indeed it is wrong and trying to bring in component conservation while crafting into the argument to try and justify the point is also ridiculous. I have my prayer shawl and am craft spec'd fo conservation but I acknowledge the fact that component conservation is nothing but luck and a boon to crafters. Not something that I try and attribute item value to.

Heres the max component build requirements without crafting conservation trying to screw with estimates.

Advanced Prismatic = Returns All Adorns (2 White Astral Fabled - 1 Red - 1 Yellow - 1 Green)
    2 Frozen Mana - 2 Infusion of Ice - 1 Tungsten - 15 Amethyst - 10 eff coal

Advanced Trichromatic + 2 White Astral Fabled = (2 New White Astral Fabled - 1 Red - 1 Yellow - 1 Green)
    2 Frozen Mana - 2 Infusion of Ice - 6 Frozen Powder - 12 Frozen Fragment - 1 Banyan Root - 1 Tungsten Ore - 3 amethyst - 10 rhenium ore - 20 eff coal

So look a those recipes and you tell me which one is easier to make, requires less build components, and gives me the full 5 adornments back in 1 shot. This dislodger fits in fine for it's intended use. There is nothing wrong with it's current design and with it being consumable.
    Erszebeth and Wurm like this.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

So do I and the day it finally procs might well be the end of me... shock induced heart attack and all that.
  11. Sheene Member

No, you didn't say a thing and now others have fallen down the same well and you think that's admirable?

What tool-tip? You mean there's a tool-tip on the recipe before you scribe it? What's it doing there? It cost me nothing to scribe it. I don't need to know it then; I need a tooltip on the item before I spend the mana and you only found out about this tooltip after you had spent the mana so don't make out like I'm the only idiot in the room.

The fact is that while I was upset I'm just left disappointed. Disappointed in you lot to be honest. You didn't "come here and start ranting about it" because it didn't occur to you or because your your a wimp or whatever. You spent 300 plat and you took it. Well, I really do hope you used it to remove superior astral adornments.

What we are left with is a problem. It's not a good loot item and should sell for 23 gold on the vendor. It should have text on the recipe tooltip and on the item itself that clearly states that the piece of gear will be destroyed AND that the disloger will be consumed to prevent further disappointment from the customer base.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Ah you are mad and making it personal, that's way it always goes when someone here loses an argument.

And yes I did report it. Its in a thread where I also said the chance of getting the recipe is way too low. Its not my fault that these forums are lousy and such info drops off the first page so quickly.
  13. Mathrim Active Member

Nope. You're not the only idiot in the room. Just the only one to throw a temper tantrum about it. I do the same thing to you as I would to a kid throwing a fit in the grocery store lying on the floor kicking and screaming.

Tell them to grow up. The fact that you are calling people wimps and acting like a heartbroken teenager seems like you need the same treatment.

Instead of being an adult and putting up a thoughtful post asking for better descriptive text or adding the charge indicator, you played the woe is me, world is going to end card.

Don't expect any sympathy from most people around here. You'll be treated the same way other kids throwing tantrums will.

And I quote from your post...

"...you have cheated me. Do you think I'd be making the repair bot or "Call of the tinkerer" if they were consumed in the process? This isn't fun. It's mean spirited, nasty and leaves me feeling angry and upset. How dare you!"

Over-dramatic much?
    Wurm likes this.
  14. Guiscard Active Member

My you are being snotty. SOE is a business why should we not expect it to behave lie a business? Just because games are their business doesn't mean they are exempt from business standards. Too many people somehow think that because a company makes games that they are exempt from business standards - like clear labelling.

If you buy a monitor or a dvd player from SOE and it doesn't work as descrbied - you send it back and ask for a refund. Why should we not hold this divisions to similar standards as they are in the business to please consumers and make money.

For some reason there are people on this forum for whom SOE can do no wrong - no matter how badly they mess up something. And they will attack you for criticizing them. Alas this forum is made up of too many SOE cheerleaders who fail to see the multitudinous problems and bugs in releases.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

That's kinda going a bit far in comparison don't you think? Yes we can all agree that the dislodger still needs a better description, but the OP's rant makes it out that he really couldn't afford to lose those two mana... and some how I doubt it.

If he had of come here in a rational manner and stated his case for a change, I doubt highly that this thread would have made it to page three.
  16. Erszebeth Active Member

because you are using virtual goods to create virtual goods to be consumed in the retrieval of virtual goods.
    what we are paying sony for is the ability to play the game, which is their product. If something isn't working as intended then you provide constructive feedback, not pity party on the forums. Frankly, if I was the one having the pity party, sure I'd be upset, but in the end it would be at myself because I would deserve every bit of snide criticism I got.
    you don't like the mechanics? cancel your sub and take your patronage elsewhere. Otherwise, get over it.
    Cearra likes this.
  17. Sheene Member

2 things: And I really want you to try to understand. I know it is hard to understand the thinking of others but try it. It's enlightening.

I DO USE component conservation and I have gotten frozen mana back... so... yes you got it... I was upset!!! It is not wrong to bring in anything that is.... come on... you can do it... REAL and existing. Now bringing in things that are theoretical and imaginary... that would be wrong.

Now how does someone miss the point as far as you have? I don't care if it wakes me up and makes me breakfast.

"This dislodger fits in fine for it's intended use. There is nothing wrong with it's current design and with it being consumable." Who cares? And I will even add to that. If you don't want it don't use it. And yet nowhere have I made the complaint that no one will want it. What I am complaining about (and I really want you to try extra hard on this one) is that the price suggests a permanent device and nowhere does it say when you actually look at it (which is usually when you are going to make it) that it is a consumable.

As my parting words, let me put it to you this way: at least I got two etherial adornments out of it but it could have been worse. I could have started reclaiming some lower tier adornments for my alts. I could have lent it to someone else thinking they would return it and the number of people who will eventually be caught out by this will number in the dozens and could reach the hundreds. A person reading this thread said it happened to them. Well, since you've been such friendly people, I hope they all rage quit from your servers.
  18. Mathrim Active Member

HAHAHAH..OMFG..ROFLMAO....Me? A cheerleader for Sony..../can't stop giggling. I've gotten enough warnings and put enough posts up in my history regarding the pathetic responses and decisions of the devs in this game that I lost count. If you want a laundry list of issues I've posted about this game on these forums and others, I could write you a novel.

Like Wurm posted, if Sheene had come on here and calmly asked for the display tool and charge number to be added, I wouldn't have even made a comment about it. You know why? I agree 100% on that.

Acting all bent out of shape and like it is some personal affront to Sheene's sensibilities and that this was some "mean-spirited" plot by the developers is just ridiculous. The developers could have taken it for granted that the playerbase was competent enough to realize the intended use and didn't think to add the extra "pay attention to this" checks.

Calling people out for being drama queens when it's unneccessary and can even be argued inappropriate in this instance is needed.
    Cearra likes this.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

Not going to happen since it really doesn't matter.
  20. Erszebeth Active Member

What I am complaining about (and I really want you to try extra hard on this one) is that the price suggests a permanent device

nowhere in 2 manas and a rare do I get even the slightest tingling that it might even POSSIBLY be a permanent device. The repair bot, which you used as comparison is 6pp in FUEL, you cannot negate that cost by ANY means, this is...15-20gold in fuel, everything else is completely negatable by your own ability to go and get the materials yourself.
    The very idea of a permanent, reusable dislodger is a bit far fetched even for me, and I'm certified crazy.
    your entire argument boils down to "I got dreamy eyes and I was wrong, waaah waaah" little more, and certaiinly a bit less.