This game is too Raid Orientated

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Balbasur, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Cool. Though, tbh, there wasn't much constructive conversation going on that was on-topic anyway. :p
  2. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Worked with dungeon finder. :)
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I like to keep Fire and Ice open cause it lets me go back to the starting island (sort of).
    Yeegz likes this.
  4. guard Active Member

I agree with cold matel just completely remove fabled loot from solo zones and put the chance of fabled dropping into group zones
  5. Oddo Member

"Fair" does NOT mean that everyone gets the same rewards, regardless of skill, time invested, or level of effort.

"Fair" does NOT mean that there should be alternate paths to glory for those that cannot succeed.
  6. Colibri Member

let this thread die! please!
    Arielle Nightshade and Twyxx like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

i see- so unless people group they don't have as much right to loot as you do? why should anything be unattainable to solo players? isn't the money i pay for a sub as good as yours? here we go with the attitudes again. why not just get a life and let everyone play the way they want? why try to force people to group if they don't want to? what's the point? how does my being solo affect your game? i guess you think everyone should be married with 5 kids too? do single women in the workplace upset you? why try to run everyone's lives and ruin the game for everyone else?
    Yeegz likes this.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

Giving super easy solo zones access to the best loot removes people from the pool of players willing to group.
    Alenna and Estred like this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

why? if the thread bothers you, then don't read it. let it die for you. why try to control what others choose to read and respond to? why don't all of you controllers learn to lay back and live and let live? no one made you king and no one needs you to control their minds and lives and game
    Yeegz likes this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

so? what makes you so special that i should have to group with you? i pay my money to play the game my way- not yours. keeping my access to decent loot is discrimination
  11. suka Well-Known Member

what i meant was that keeping me from having access is discrimination
  12. Geothe Active Member

LMAO.
    Thats hilarious.
    Its not discrimination what so ever.
    You have the opportunity to get any loot you want, if you put forth the effort to get it.

You just play solo?
    Then no, you don't deserve hard mode raid gear, nor do you need it.
    That is not discrimination, but cause and effect.
    Karrane and Alenna like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

what this all boils down to is that some people feel they have the right to lock other people out of the game for whatever reason. that is discrimination.. You have no right to lock me out of a game or discriminate against me for my play style. This is a commodity. People pay money to enjoy it. When you begin to dictate how people can play and what they can have access to, that is discrimination. If sony were to allow you to do that, they would lose their customer base and you would quickly find that i am not the only one locked out of a game i love. there simply would be no game,
  14. suka Well-Known Member

it doesn't matter if you think i need it or not. what matters is what i think because i pay for my sub, not you. go play your own game your way and let those of us who want to play solo enjoy it our own way
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

If it drops raid trash loot it should hit as hard as and have as many hp as raid trash. That'd at least be entertaining to watch.
  16. Geothe Active Member

No one locks anyone else out of any facet of the game (asside from perhaps contested raid mobs, but that's a stretch).
    Your own choices result in you locking yourself out of entire aspects of the game.
    By choosing to only solo, you choose to not take part in heroic and raid gameplay, and therefore, don't get the rewards that come from them.
    Estred likes this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

that is my choice. however, this was in response to a statement made by guard who was quoting from someone else.
    I agree with cold matel just completely remove fabled loot from solo zones and put the chance of fabled dropping into group zones
    Therefore, it was concerning removing something already available ingame that someone wanted removed from solo access. not sure what you are talking about- but i personally don't feel that anything should be removed from my access if it is already there.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

the one quote should have been in quotation marks- sorry about that
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

No it's tiered gameplay not discrimination. Discrimination would be denying Suka gear because they are Suka or because they are a Fae.

Tiers promorte forward gameplay. With more players comes more margin of error, which means the overall challenge increases; thus rewards increase. By allowing Solo-Players to get essentially Raid-Loot (even entry) it removes those who may group.

You, as in you, Suka. Personally may never wish to group. However there are those who used to group or may want to group but are afraid to do so due to bad experience or perhaps they don't wish to rely on others. The problem is those who do group would be enticed to run Solo as it's easier for greater rewards.

Solo: Not very hard = not very good gear.
    Heroic: Harder = better gear
    Raiding: Harder still = even better gear
    End-Game Raids: Hardest = Best Gear.
    Alenna likes this.
  20. Archaical Active Member

If you play an MMO to solo, you are doing it wrong and you make poor decisions in life.
    There are much better games that provide a much better solo player experience. Stop trying to ruin our MMO.