This game is too Raid Orientated

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Balbasur, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

It's against the rules for me to call this a troll thread or the thread starter a troll, so let me just say that I do not believe the OP is in any way serious and I believe this thread is a sarcastic and ironic take on the reality of this game.
    Neiloch and Twyxx like this.
  2. Belissa Active Member

There are 6 in DoV. Unfortunately none in CoE, but lorewise it also would not make any sense to have one there.
    Was actually hoping to see one in SoA, but no...
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

I was hoping for one too. I understood an Etherenere HQ would have been out of place. Also aside from Snowchipper what HQ's did I miss in DoV?
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

I thought Heritage quests are supposed to reward you with EQ1 items. May be they have ran out of EQ1 items? :)
  5. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Coldain Insignia Ring Timeline for the Velium Coldain Insignia Ring (Since there are 4 versions of the ring, each word in the name links to a different version - i.e. mage, priest, fighter, and scout.)
    What Dreams May Come for the Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl
    Beauty's Only Skin Deep for the Embalmer's Skinning Knife
    The Essence of a Prophet for the Lodizal Shell Shield
    Tangled Roots of Growth for the Blessed Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn
    Estred likes this.
  6. Yeegz Member

Ugh, say it isn't so. They are one of my favourite types of quest.

I really miss Creature Catalog quests too.
  7. Belissa Active Member

Estred, you missed the Embalmer's Skinning Knife, the Lodizal Shell Shield and the Blessed Scimitar of th Emerald Dawn (assuming you did the Coldain Insignia Ring and the Prayer Shawl).
    Since you didn't mention it, I don't know if you did the Paw of Opolla in SF.
    Roth actually did it with links attached :)

I doubt that the will run out of EQ1 Items, there are way too many - just they also need to fit and in an expansion that doesn't have much to do with EQ1 (CoE), there is no connection to an EQ1 Item.
    For SoA I actually hoped to see heritage quests for the Cloak of Crystalline Waters or the Othmir Prexus Totem.
  8. Drona Well-Known Member

I miss creature catalogue as well. Have they removed lore and legend as well now? I don't remember any LoL in DoV
  9. Rotherian Well-Known Member

There was lots of LOL, but I don't recall any new L&L. :D
  10. Veeman Active Member

Ok, having just come off a "SoE Vacation" for three days, was doing some catch up reading and then ran into this post. And since I'm not in a hurry to go on another "vacation" I'll word this a little differently then usual.

In the last, well I guess seven years the "Raiders vs Us" post pop up about once a month. This has always been a seriously hot topic and they are never (for a very good reason) responded to by SoE directly. Well they do respond but only to shut the thread down.

For those who don't know me, I'm a Anti-PuG (for me only, the rest of you are more then welcome to PuG), solo elitist who also raids. So that's my frame of mind when I made my post.

Here's my two cents.

ALL zones should have five levels:

Solo - can run with last expansions and newly gained quest gear: - treasured gear drops with very rare lesser fabled chest drops, super duper rare ethereal drops. Admittedly the use of these zones will diminish as the expansion ages. 3-4 shineys per zone. Different Solo zones get progressively harder to the point that a person in just last expansion gear would not be able to, or would have difficulty completing the zone.

Solo Advanced - Requires better gear found in the solo basic zones: - treasured gear with slightly better stats then gear dropped in Solo zone with fairly rare lesser fabled chest drops with an increased chance on the final named, super rare ethereal drops. 2-3 shineys per zone. Different Solo advanced zones get progressively harder to the point that a person in just solo gear would not be able to, or would have difficulty completing the zone.

Heroic (group) - using gear from the Solo Advanced zones make this a difficult challenge: - legendary gear with occasional lesser fabled drops, always lesser fabled on last name. 1-2 shineys from different collections then solo zones. Different Heroic zones get progressively harder to the point that a group in just solo advanced gear would not be able to, or would have difficulty completing the zone.

2x Raid - using gear from the Heroic zones make this a difficult challenge: - lesser and high end fabled gear drops, always high end fabled on last name. 1-2 shineys from different collections then solo and heroic zones. Different 2X raid zones get progressively harder to the point that a group in just heroic gear would not be able to, or would have difficulty completing the zone.

4X Raid - works like they always have with high end fabled gear and high end fabled drops. No shineys. Too many shiney addicts who could cause a wipe. :)

To me this gets back to the risk vs reward way of getting geared up.

Note: the difference between armor:
    Treasured: Two white adorn slots
    Legendary: Two white and one yellow adorn slots
    Lesser fabled: Two white and one red adorn slots, no on equipment procs. Basic stats same as Higher end fabled.
    Higher end fabled: Two white, one yellow and one red adorn slots, some procs on gear.

I know that it would me a lot of new coding for SoE, but it also accomplishes the one big complain of the non-raiders, not getting to see the high end zones. In this way everyone would get to see every zone. Although they may have to reduce the size of the Solo and Solo advanced zones so that they didn't take 5-6 hours to complete one zone... although.....:)
    Estred and Alenna like this.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

The only real issues I have with those are the shineys. The ES (Easy Solo) zones should have 1-2 to reflect the ease of completion. The AS zones should have 2-3, to reflect the fact that it is still easy, but there is a slightly greater chance that another person might accompany the player. Heroic zones should have at least 4-6 shineys, since there should be at least that many players in the group (except for when raiders decide to head to the easier heroic zones for lulz). x2 Raids should have a random number of collectibles (not to exceed 12) as body and/or chest drops from trash mobs. (This mechanic would reduce instances of shiney wipes - regardless of the amount of lulz they generate.) Same with the x4 zones, with an additional chance of more shineys from named mobs within the zone.
    Neiloch, Estred and Alenna like this.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reminder, I actually did complete the Skinning Knife, though I couldn't use it. I also did the Lodizal Shield and the Scimitar of the Emerald Dawn.

I am currently still working on Source of Malediction for the Paw, I so wish there was a Necklace appearance slot for that thing. I also kinda wish there was more appearance with jewelry/earrings, there would be so many fun options for the Iksar girls with earrings... er, well frill-rings.

CoE could have had a Thulian Heritage quest as the Plane of Fear was merging because of the defeat of Cazic Thule in EQ1's "House of Thule" Expansion; at least I believe that is when Thule was defeated.
  13. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You can't even get a group together to complete "Kill 10 rats", there is zero chance of keeping one together long enough to do an heritage quest.
  14. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure why you'd want to.

Unless, of course, you have friends & guildies to help you.
  15. Veeman Active Member

I'm very flexable on the shineys, the only reason I put in less in the tougher zones is that the reward for those collections would be considerably better then the collection quests of the solo instances. But again, I'm very flexible on that part.

My whole main idea of a five tiered system was to keep the expansion fun and challenging for a majority of the players for a much longer period of time.
  16. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I can just imagine their justification. 'People aren't grouping as much so it would be a waste to make group content better.'
  17. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I understand that the reward would be better for the heroic zone (as it should be), but there would also be more people running the zone at a given time, so there would be a lower probability of someone completing the collection(s) quickly, even with the higher rate of incidence.
  18. guard Active Member

people don't group cos there is no point doing the zones when u can get the same/better loot from solo zones plus if you do a solo zone and don't need the fabled loot you got the added bonus of slr
  19. Veeman Active Member

Hey Roth, I started a new thread discussing my idea on the five tiered system, didn't want to hijack this thread for it. Thanks.
  20. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

SLR needs to go away now, it's time.