This game is too Raid Orientated

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Balbasur, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Meh. New Member

This game is crafter and decorater oriented. Combat in itself is a last priority in the game's current state.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

You aren't making any sense as i see it- anyone can buy crafted gear, all you need is a person who is crafting. And as for solos not needing raid gear, there are mobs even in heroic content that i can't kill. But i have a friend who can wipe any zone. His toon can also wipe any zone in eq1. why? because he raids so he has all this raid gear and can do any heroic out there. And yeah, he does do the heroic and solo content- in his raid gear. so when you go claiming that he deserves his raid gear, let me ask you, shouldn't be as easy for me to do the solo and heroic content as it is for him? or am is my money not as green as his? and where does he put in more effort? just because he gets together with his big raiding guild and do raid content? get real. people deserve as much good gear as they can get. it doesn't have to be the exact same gear 0 but it should be just as good.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

because some people like to raid and they don't do it just for the gear. and since we pay the same amount of money for the game that raiders do, why shouldn't we enjoy playing it our own way without any penalty? after all, it's a game, not a big corporation that rewards you with a job based on your education and other merits - although the value of an education as it relates to some people's intelligence is often questionable (i.e educated beyond their intelligence)

again, how does this affect your game experience? is it going to cripple your experience if i get decent gear?
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

you completely mis understood what was being said. he raids therefor he deserves his raid gear. weither or not he chooses to group/solo is up to him, but the choice was made to raid so he gets raid gear. the claim made wasn't that if you have raid gear you shouldn't do heroic content, it was that you don't need raid gear to do heroic content. which you don't. and no, you shouldn't be able to do it "as easy" he clearly has better gear, but you should be able to Do it. that's the main thing. and the fault of you not being able to do it is probably not gear.

edit: also what I underlined in your quote is the thing that makes no sense. "not the same but just as good" no, raid gear should be better, therefor he can clear zones easier, but someone in heroic gear should be able to clear the zone
  5. suka Well-Known Member

in eq1, there is a group that guilds who don't raid can join and their members that want to raid can go on raids sponsored by the group. It is a union of many guilds - some too small to support raiding- specifically for allowing people to raid. The groups progress at their own pace and if you want to raid with them you have to keep up with your own progression so that you can be allowed in the current content they are working on. there are several groups - each at their own level of progression. Does EQ2 have this type of group? I don;t raid in eq2- have only done a bit in eq1. If there is no such group here, don't you think it is time to create one?
  6. Jacck Active Member

If raid gear didn't reward better gear than heroic and solo'ing, then I bet you 90%+ of the raiding population would quit. When you have no carrot to chase, there is no chase. Period. Why should I put in more time and effort and get less rewards? There might be 10%, and thats being generous, that would say "oh, thats ok, I don't care about loot, I just wanna raid this same repeitive zone over and over and over again without rewards".
  7. Jacck Active Member

There are some raid alliances that are hosted by some people. But, they aren't sponsored by Sony. They still run a dkp system or some equivilent. Even at the basics, they will do a /ran 1000 roll and you get a limited amount of times you can win or some such per night.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

I disagree with that. Yeah decorating and crafting in this game are wonderful, but i find that it is lore based and story oriented. as for combat, there are some good combat zones and some bad as in any game. still,, the game is what you make it. I happen to love it.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

The group in EQ1 is not sponsored by sony. but they don't do a ran roll- they bid on the item they want based of the dkp points they have to spend. again, i don't know how the raids work here- i only raided in eq1. but in eq1 dying can mean losing levels and when you die enough in one raid to lose 3 levels, that was a little much for me. I chose not to raid rather than lose the levels i had worked so hard for and in eq1, it is way harder to get levels than in eq2
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

I joined a raid guild to see the raids first. I didn't care about gear.

Now I've seen them all 5+ times, I'm definitely interested in the gear rather than the encounter. Same as the heroic stuff. I don't repeat the same things over and over again because it's fun to experience the same fight or the same art work multiple times, because it isn't.
  11. Eileithia Active Member

And now that Raid zones are pretty much a copy/paste of their heroic counterparts. Doing them to "see them" isn't as much of a carrot as it used to be. I miss the old days where the Raid zones were completely different designs like Deathtoll, EH and VP. This current expansion everything is the same with the mobs moved around.
    Estred likes this.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

those were some good zones back in the day :p
    will just have to hope that the slack we are getting in eq2 will be made up in eqnext
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

I miss em too, I even went back and did some Shattered Lands Raid-Instances for fun.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

I've been doing them, but it's not the same anymore