Things That Don't Make Sense

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Priority, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

First, I'm going to ask what SK you're comparing to what Pally? As I've stated multiple times, I literally play both on the same character. It's not 35%. I've looked at every open Pally on your roster and I don't see a single one with a coherent AA spec. Maybe that has something to do with them underperforming. I still have zero idea what SK you're comparing to as none open on your roster are more than last years alts. Unless it's 1 of 4 hidden characters. Because I know for a fact Goezer isn't a crusader, and Hypnotrixy, Mickdagger, and Shotzee don't seem like tank names to me. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

You keep going back to this "not all raid forces" bit. That's cool, you don't have X, Y, Z. That doesn't change the effectiveness of given buffs or class potential. All it tells me is that you don't have any experience with what's possible. You can say "our raid doesn't this or that" until you're blue in the face. That changes absolutely nothing. Rangers and Summoners are the top dps atm. We have 1 of each in our "perfect" setup. We have 2 mystics and sometimes 3 Furies. We have 2 zerks. We have 2 troubs and 2 dirges. We have 2 illies and 2 coercers. It's far from "perfect". You seem to live in this bubble of misunderstanding and assumptions of what can actually be done.

You've made assumptions about why folks are playing crusaders more now. Because they're fun and a handful of us have shown that they're capable of tanking anything a zerk can in todays game. Unnerfed Diaku Corral and Scald are different stories, but outside that, a handful of us have made some zerks, guards, and brawlers look like chumps because Skill trumps class at the end of the day.

NONE of that changes what a class is actually capable of or the impact they have on a raid.

I've talked to our T1s. They state they're rarely below 1600 in raids. I'm rarely above 1200 except when swash RW buffs are up. That's where I get 20/1600 and 67/1200.

I like that we've solely focused on the damage aspect of both classes, because even in your above calculations, you've completely ignored the added utility that the Pally is giving. So, in your scenario, you've narrowly given the advantage to Pally. And that's literally everything an SK offers the raid, lol. Remember all those things we talked about Pally doing for utility? The self heals reducing healer required output? The 30m RW, no sickness, 100% HP rez? The agro negation of problem T1s? The group wards, cures, DRs? All of it.

Just ignore that, because it's not easily measured by ACT, lol.
    Drona likes this.
  2. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Yes pallies get a narrow advantage if you round in their favor for everything and IGNORE the actual potential for SK dps. I've grouped with crusaders of both types outside my raid force. I know what people can push with decent setups and I know what happens in realistic setups. I know SKs will also win by miles when it comes to AOE stuff, which we have also ignored. The reality is SKs done right will do even more dps than we've given them credit for in ALL of the calculations done thus far. So yes while we are ignoring the true damage potential of SKs, we can also ignore the rezing, curing, etc a pally has because more heals is not needed when raid content is this easy to solo heal.

I have no made any assumptions of why people are playing crusaders more now. I have pointed out that the number of SKs to the number of Pallies is balanced, and we usually only see that when the classes or balanced(otherwise people betray and it gets very uneven). Troub versus dirge is the only other class pairing that is close to balanced in terms of players.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

Shamans have literally been outhealing you for decades. There's no issue there. There's not even an issue that Furies and Mystics are outparsing Guards. Nobody is in an uproar over that. No uproar that Bards and Chanters are outparsing all of you, regardless of the insane buffs they bring. Some folks pick the silliest things to get upset over. Oh noes! The fighter replaced a shaman, if not the mystics utility! NERF IT. NERF IT AGAIN! Instead of promoting group diversity, as you claim, you're killing it.
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

Again, I play both. I play both really well. I literally have the parses for SK and Pally on AE content. I haven't seen a single parse from an SK making me thing that there's another player out there doing it as well as I do. I don't have the gear some of these guys do atm (personal reasons), but I can still easily compare my own toon against my own toon in the same groups. I have no idea what kind of dps you think an SK is pulling compared to an equally geared, buffed, skilled Pally; but I can tell you it's 20-30% on all content. Grave Sacrament isn't some win all button. Ancient Wrath regularly outparses it on any fight longer than 30-45s. Easily.

Grave Sac does 1/3rd the damage up front, and 610B every 3.5s for 21s with a 90s recast. Ancient Wrath is a 12s recast.

Crusader's Judgement could potentially swing it on really short fights, but again; on extended fights, it's a non factor. The recast to damage is too long.
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I never asked for it to be nerfed, but pointed out it does out heal healers, which is true.
    Shaman match me because I also have wards so its a matter of who's hit where on the stack when we group.
    I'm fine with bards and chanters outdpsing me.
    I would love for guardians to get some love as I said.

How am I killing group diversity by wanting attention put towards the classes people have mostly quit playing due to how much worse they are than other classes?
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Apparently, you have a reading comprehension issue that appears to stem from feeding the need to be validated in some way. I never stated tanks were out healing healers in a raid. The actual spell that came with RoR to heal groups is stamped out during a raid. It actually shows up in chat messages for those who actually read. It does appear, however in any other instance where a group is involved.

Secondly, use examples that illustrate your point. Comparing supercars to toyota corollas as if all classes are equal is flawed as is the notion that all classes are played equally by everyone. Mario Andretti would have kicked anyone's butt in a race regardless of what he was driving. The same will be true for classes in the game. That said, card designers don't build Corollas with Mario in mind, but the average driver. The real trick is trying to build a class that will perform regardless of who's playing it. I get your point. Trying making your point without being condescending to someone who disagrees with you or if you want to disagree, don't misquote them.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Talks about others not being condescending, is condescending as soon as they enter the conversation. Comedy. As far as a simple misquote, pull yourself together, buttercup. It happens. Lots of points being made, lots of posts. My mistake, your highness.

As far as your validation? Nah, I can validate my own value in the game simply by being me. Take that how you will. I do feel a need to correct ignorance about class balance when it comes to 2 classes I'm intimately familiar with.

Third, the car example does make sense in regard to balancing. Simply because you can't see it doesn't make it less valid. I dont want to build a supercar with the average driver in mind. I want to build it with Mario Andretti. Because he'll push the car to its limits and I'll know where they lie. Then, I have a baseline to balance other vehicles against to make races more evenly matched.
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

Continuously pointing it out as if it's a terrible thing isn't calling for a nerf, you're right. It sure insinuates that you agree with it and want it nerfed further for heroics. You don't have to outright say a thing to project your feelings and thoughts about a topic.

As far as killing group diversity, pushing to remove abilities from classes that allow greatwr flexibility in group make up does just that. How is that not obvious?
  9. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Crusader's good buff is disabled in raid still so hard to say what it would do lol.
    I do prefer to heal a crusader verse other classes right now.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And thank you for illustrating a most excellent point--don't get into a battle of wits with people who come unarmed.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

Lol, ok. Again, simply because you can't make the connection doesn't mean it's not there.
  12. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I don't think its projecting my thoughts of wanting something nerfed, if that is not at all what I want or think. You are welcome to continue to try to ascribe hidden meaning to what I say, but don't be upset when I tell you that it's wrong.

I have not once pushed to remove abilities from classes. I simply point out what one ability does in comparison to other classes. I in fact actually stated that I did not think it was healing too much, but rather most content doesn't have enough damage to go past it, which is a separate problem. I understand the only reason the crusader ward outparses healers is most mobs have damage that doesn't even begin to touch the amount of healing many healers can do with little effort, as I've stated before.

I'm not pushing to removing abilities from classes. I always preferring adding stuff to other people to taking things away. I always want more content that allows different classes to shine, but in a way that makes it manageable if you don't have all the best classes.
    Drona, Rasheti, Twyla and 1 other person like this.