Things That Don't Make Sense

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Priority, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

Let's talk about some things that don't make sense because the community wants to nerf Crusaders so much for stepping out of our "lanes" as tanks.

Furys: why do they constantly have the right so solo heal raid MTs in the hardest content in the game AND offer the single best dps buff in the game? Are we really going to pretend that Lucidity and Cheetah are balanced? Why are they also considered in the top 2 highest parsing healers? They're the single most desired healer for all content. Why?

Mystics: why do they offer so many buffs, have wards, AND amazing dps? Why is the defiler so far behind in every aspect?

Dirges: While the community is on this kick of "non-healers shouldn't heal"; maybe we should talk about their Nox Ward. Its absolutely insane, has been for years,and nobody seems so hurt that the best heroic utility in the game right now ALSO outheals healers. Why is that?

Pally: Why does the 2nd most defensive tank have the best offensive utility of all tanks, the best maintained agro, AND great damage? Why do SKs only give 20 spell effectiveness, not even base effectiveness, and Pally gives a static 67 fervor and 30 Fervor/Fervor OC every 75 seconds?

Why are there just some classes that are targeted whenever it seems they might actually get a buff that would make them a desirable addition to a group or raid, then the community all come out of the woodwork and lose their minds?

You all wont let SK have any sort of meaningful buff under the guise of an SK outparsing every other tank. Show me a guild that takes an SK that doesn't need an extra tank over another T1/T2 with better damage and buffs.

In before Clint pops in here stating I'm in raid all the time. Of course I am, I'm me. If i were any other run of the mill tank with only moderate skill and situational awareness, I'd be on the bench for any other T1 or a rando Zerk/Pally. Nobody actually runs an SK because of their dps ability or buffs. Theres not a single raid leader out there that wouldn't prefer a Zerk in that spot. They'd want a pally over SK too, if most people actually understood how good they were.
    Smashey, Drona and Naturetouch like this.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Rangers: why are they crazy good damage, have great buffs, can do it all from range and Assassins are where they are? You're telling me that a hate transfer and 17 fervor yo a tank is why? If so, why are swashies parsing higher on single target, destroying them on AE, and giving 300 fervor/fervor OC to the entire raid?
    Drona and Naturetouch like this.
  3. Turlite New Member

Of course I am, I'm me.
  4. Dezum Member

Guess I am the raid leader outlier because I run an SK for the buffs and dps and my SK doesn't whine about not having jester's cap and UT. Amazing how fragile you are when it comes to a ward being nerfed lol.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Ok, what buffs is the SK bringing in raids that you're not finding elsewhere? Im open for a discussion on it.

Also, lol at the UT/JCap thing. SK hasnt been a valid target for those buffs since BoL unless your DoT based classes/T1s are mediocre at best. I havent asked for it in raid since like the 2nd mob in Mahngavi wastes when mages were still having issues. Even then, it was clear it benefited the wiz more.
  6. Dkarn New Member

We will throw you a pity party, ok?

We the ones. :D
    Priority likes this.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. Don't forget to ignore all the other things on the list.
  8. Bord Active Member

Buff sins and give us cheesecake!!!
    Priority likes this.
  9. Priority Well-Known Member

Guess you just wanted to sling insults instead of actually discussing what you view as meaningful buffs or why you choose, read that word carefully, an SK over a zerk.
  10. Xavion Well-Known Member

i just want soulclaim fixed kinda frustrating when zerks n guards get that cb thingy and ours is basically bugged/ doesnt work period outta the blue
    Drona, Rasheti and Clintsat like this.
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

You've been active. Pop back in here and tell me why you specifically choose an SK over the other options for tank classes.

My assumption is you actually have no idea, you just took what showed up.
  12. Kenn Well-Known Member

Do you think players would lose it if classes went back to doing only their thing? Healers can do heal things and not dps and everything else for example.
    Twyla likes this.
  13. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Yes, cuz dps is all that matters to some people. Regardless of the class they play
    Twyla likes this.
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

I would also like to know what these great buffs SK bring to the raid?
  15. Priority Well-Known Member

Tbf, nobody playing competitively in the past "only" did their thing. People were expected to actually push damage buttons regardless of their role. These healers hitting 9 damage buttons over a 17 minute fight blow my mind. Why would anybody want to play that way or think they were contributing by doing so?
    Arclite likes this.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread and not at all surprised by no response by the DEVS.

I will throw guardians into this discussion as well. There is nothing, I repeat, nothing in the game content all the way to endgame, since AoM that warrants a defensive tank such as a guardian. When you have pretty much all other tank classes bringing so much to the table, you would scratch your head thinking why you need a guard in the raid. We have nothing to give to group or raid by means of offensive buffs which is just baffling given how developers have just streamlined the content to mind-numbing damage sponge mobs that just require stat checks to bring down. The usefulness will definitely go up if the content was designed to make use of their defensive prowess. Not going into detail as we had a long list of things posted in the beta forums that mostly got ignored.

And whoever thinks that their raid main tank does not whine about not being given buffs which make them more effective in their role shows that the said tank class is doing ok then I will only say 2 things about it:

1. You are a bad raid leader who is oblivious to how tank classes work or just the game mechanics in general and/or scared of the dps players in the raid force who will moan about not getting the buffs so they can show their parse post-raid.
    2. The tank either does not know which buffs benefit them the most or just too shy/scared to ask for them.
    Drona and Priority like this.
  17. Dezum Member

You already have your mind made up and you're a known grifter who doesn't engage in proper discourse; why should I waste my time? Stating you don't take buffs then up-voting a post about how "a raid leader is oblivious to how tank classes work" following from "raid main tank does not whine" is really ironic.
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

Typical response from an individual that truly doesn't have anything to offer. "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you."

If your tank is struggling with agro, (I don't, but some do), and you continue to put enraging demeanor on a T1 or other similar buffs, yeah, I'd argue that raid leader isn't giving their tanks the tools they need. Nowhere have I stated I need UT or Enraging or Hyrrans or any other buff. Why you continue bringing it up after I've said for over 2 years it makes no sense to put those buffs on a tank under normal circumstances is beyond me.

And a grifter? I'm scamming people? Lol, what?

Now, if you'd actually like to discuss what buffs and SK brings that you choose them over a zerk or pally, Id be more than interested.

Pallies are giving the best damage proc of any fighter in game atm and zerks follow that with Open Wounds.

Then you have constant buffs: Pally giving 67 fervor to fighters/priests and zerks giving their groups additional CB through Warcry. I'm interested to know if you think Death March and Unholy Strength are equivalents.
  19. Kenn Well-Known Member

That kind of is the problem. A healer is expected to do damage. It seems like the general consensus is that you are worthless unless you do damage. I've been a support class, where I was healing player keeping them up, debuffing the mob making the fight easier, and adding mana, but all the that is seen is the dps parse.
  20. Priority Well-Known Member

Sure, everybody in group/raid has a primary function. Everybody but T1s have a secondary role. That's not an issue because cooperation should be encouraged. The issue I see from your comment is that those T1s have doubled damage potential every year for 3 years and are now 4-10 times the damage of the closest non T1. Even the assassin, and theyre generally considered trash T1, is tripling the closest tank/chanter.

It makes sense that the masses only focus on that parse because the rest of us doing as much damage as we can while maintaining our secondary function really doesn't matter.

Thats a domino effect in that mobs need more and more health. That leads to content taking longer and longer to complete because the rest of us dont have the buffs OR the damage to compensate for those T1s overinflated parses. If it continues, i see even tanks asking for T1s to help in solos and God help the group that attempts heroic content without at least a semi competent T1. Enjoy your 15-20 minute trash fights.
    Rasheti, Drona and Clintsat like this.