The Ultimate EverQuest II Quest Checklist :: New Home!!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Arcanya, Feb 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Jimena Guest

here are some things i noticed when checking off my quests

1. Hallmark quest In Her Majesty's Secret Service should be On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    2. Feeroot Ettin Suit should be Making an Ettin Suit
    3. Starcrest Finding Helain Conyers not in your list i alreading completed so not sure who i got it from but on completed screen it says 'I found Helain Conyers in Nettleville Hovel'
  2. ARCHIVED-yadi Guest

This list is really awesome... but my last personal update is from the 15 of november... lol

Anyway, I'm waiting on the next update to redownload and go through it all. With all the posts since the last update, I presume most KoS quests will be in... I have a few sheets of completed quests to transfer to the checklist...
  3. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

I'm planning to upload a new version on saturday, april 1st (no joke).
  4. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

As promised the new fully up-to-date file is now available for download. Enjoy!
  5. ARCHIVED-Sazzia Guest

Thanks again for the update. Here's a few changes:
    Move:
    • A Scalding Hot Encounter from Bonemire to Sanctum of the Scaleborn. It's level 67, from NPC Xhorroz
    • An Uneasy Alliance from Bonemire to Sanctum of the Scaleborn. It's level 66, from NPC Xhorroz
    • The Lockless Chest from Bonemire to Sanctum of the Scaleborn
    • Trading Information from Bonemire to Sanctum of the Scaleborn
    • The First Battle in Everfrost up so that's it's alphabetical
    Add:
    • A Cured Gingus to Bonemire, level 67, from NPC Elly Nerwick
    • A Poisoned Gingus to Bonemire, level 67, from NPC Elly Nerwick
    • Drukin Tellfizz, More Than Just a Snack Gnome to Bonemire, level 67, from NPC Drukin Tellfizz
    • Drukin Tellfizz, Stuck Gnome to Bonemire, level 67, from NPC Drukin Tellfizz
    • A Broken Predicament to Palace of the Awakened, level 68, from examining a chest
    • Aviak Literature to Palace of the Awakened, level 70, from a notice on the wall
    • The Hatchery to Palace of the Awakened, level 70, from a notice on the wall
    • Wisdom of the Flock to Palace of the Awakened, level 70, from examining a book
    • An Eggsellent Task to Sanctum of the Scaleborn, level 67, from Gribbly the Gallant
    • Infiltrating the Sanctum: Shadow Ordinance to Sanctum of Scaleborn, level 68, from Thorn
    • Infiltrating the Sanctum: Spirt Pool Recon to Sanctum of Scaleborn, level 65, from Thorn
    • Infiltrating the Sanctum: The Escape to Sanctum of Scaleborn, level 64, from Thorn
    • Short Froglok Arms to Sanctum of Scaleborn, level 66, from Gribbly the Gallant
    • Taking Tactical Tomes to Sanctum of Scaleborn, level 65, from Gribbly the Gallant
    • Proof of Resurrection to Temple of Scale, level 65, from Ireatan
    • The book that cursed Ireatan to Temple of Scale, level 65, from Ireatan
    Delete:
    • Riddle of the Vault from Bonemire. It is already listed in Sanctum of Scaleborn which is where it should be.
    Notes:
    • Reference the quests you listed as new in Everfrost (Ice Frights, Numbfoot Hunters and Wooly Spiders).. I'm fairly certain this is the same as the Student's Path ones you already have listed.
    • A Start to Unlock in Palace of the Awakened should be A Star to Unlock
    • Ranking Insignias in Palace of the Awakened should be Rank Insignias

Message Edited by Sazzia on 04-03-200611:14 AM
  6. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

I've come across a few doubles in the list while working my way through DoF.
    'The Eyes of Anashti Sul' is listed under both Living Tombs and Access Quest(called Eyes of Anashti Sul under access), It should only be under Access Quests and named 'The Eyes of Anasthti Sul'. The NPC starting it is The Steward of Fyr'Un found in Silent City. An NPC with the same name can be found in Living Tombs as well, which might be the cause of the mix up
    'The Court of Truth: Bring the End' listed under Maj'Dul should be removed. The quest is actually named 'Bring the End' and is already listed under Maj'Dul. Furthermore the quest is actually a Court of Blades faction raising quest, so where the Truth part come from is a good question :)
    Also the 3 tears grifter quests 'Gentle Persuasion', 'Poke, Prod and Pry' and 'Room Service' from Maj'Dul seems to no longer be available. At least I haven't been able to get them the last few months and neither have anyone else I've asked.
  7. ARCHIVED-Crestus Guest

Somewhere along the line I got the quest 'Gentle Persuasion' from a Tears Grifter. I am also unable get the other 2 you listed and I cannot get 'Hop On Outta Here' as well from a Tears Grifter.
    I have a similar problem in Sinking Sands with 'Blades: Captive of the Alliz Raef Ew' from Mahir Lu'ay, 'Coin: Search for the Merchant' from Thara Bashira and 'Seeking the Past' from Taj As'ad. I wonder if there is some trick I am missing or if they are really gone and I can stop trying to get them. The delay between getting a quest from these folks is annoying.
  8. ARCHIVED-Crestus Guest

I have a few more quests:

Access Quest By Land? By Air? By Sea? Lvl 068 NPC Arbiter Selek (Bonemire)
    Miscellaneous Kicking the Bird Out of the Nest Lvl 065 NPC Kit Oo'loh
    Miscellaneous The Book of Power Lvl 070 Examine Book in Palace of the Awakened
    Bonemire Colony Lvl 067 NPC Aetryol Monsoon
    Bonemire Information from the Droag Lvl 067 NPC Aetryol Monsoon
    Bonemire The Flame of the Corpse Candles Lvl 068 NPC Aetryol Monsoon

And Sazzia's entry "Drukin Tellfizz, More Than Just a Snack Gnome" is actually spelled "Drukin Tellfizz, More Than Just a Stuck Gnome". We gnomes are NOT snacks.
    Message Edited by Crestus on 04-03-200609:31 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

LMAO!!! Some may beg to differ there. :smileyvery-happy:
  10. ARCHIVED-Shardis Wolfe Guest

Thought I would list a few minor corrections/additions I came across. Including the 3 Qeynos to Freeport betrayal screw-up quests. Also included the changes to the Freeport city tasks for the 15-19 range after the update to Fallen Gate.
    Delete:
    • "Vale of the Shattering: Visiting the Windstalker Grave" under Hallmark Quest actually just called "Visiting the Windstalker Grave", given by Lookout Venylle, and was already listed as such under Elddar Grove.
    • "Reinforcement" under Oakmyst Forest Quest is only given by Acting Lieutenant Germain in the Forest Ruins where it is already listed (though incorrectly for Various NPCs). None of the NPCs in Oakmyst Forest or Peat Bog give a quest to go to the Caves, just dialog.
    • "Reporting to the Ruins" under Ruins Quest is actually in the Graveyard where it is already listed.
    • "Ruins Secondary Entrance - Hidden" under Ruins of Varsoon Quest is called "Ruins of Varsoon: Revealing the Entrance", given by Zaen Kalystir, and was already listed as such under Vermin's Snye.
    • "The Art of Combat" under Queen's Colony Just a simple duplicate entry.
    Notes:
    • Hallmark "A Painful Lesson" Lvl 01 Auto Auto-update betrayal quest Auto receive this quest when giving the wrong answer to Message Runner or Cargomaster Libertius in the Commonlands while doing the "Qeynos to Freeport - Exile" quest. You must return to Matthias Siegemaker and pay him 1 gold before trying again.
    • Hallmark "Qeynos to Freeport - Part 2" Lvl 01 NPC Cryptcleaner Remy (Vermin's Snye) Update to the NPC who starts this quest.
    • Hallmark "Qeynos to Freeport - Exile" Lvl 01 NPC Yuri (Antonica) Update to the NPC who starts this quest.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "The Gathering of Bones" Lvl 17 NPC Convert Y'Ral (Freeport North) notes: Commonlands: Tortured Souls Update to level and info on what you hunt.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Traitorous Design" Lvl 15 NPC Convert Y'Ral (Freeport North) notes: Commonlands: Dervish Cutthroats Update to level and info on what you hunt.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Aggressive Carrion Feeders" Lvl 18 NPC Neophyte Jhanov (Freeport North) notes: Commonlands: Giant Vulriches Update to level.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Thinning the Herd" Lvl 15 NPC Trooper Bonesaw (Freeport West) notes: Commonlands: Vulriches Update to level and info on what you hunt.
    Add:
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Feathers for Arrows" Lvl 16 NPC Squab Kalina (Freeport South) notes: Commonlands: Vulriches A new city writ replacing one of the older writs hunting in Fallen Gate.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Plundering the Ruins of the Dead" Lvl 18 NPC Squab Kalina (Freeport South) notes: Commonlands: Fallen Crusaders A new city writ replacing one of the older writs hunting in Fallen Gate.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Travel Troubles" Lvl 18 NPC Convert Y'Ral (Freeport North) notes: Commonlands: Fallen Crusaders A new city writ replacing one of the older writs hunting in Fallen Gate.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "A Plague of Problems" Lvl 15 NPC Neophyte Jhanov (Freeport North) notes: Commonlands: Scourge Rats A new city writ replacing one of the older writs hunting in Fallen Gate.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Quell the Infestation" Lvl 16 NPC Neophyte Jhanov (Freeport North) notes: Commonlands: Stone Beetles A new city writ replacing one of the older writs hunting in Fallen Gate.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Horrors of the Past" Lvl 18 NPC Trooper Bonesaw (Freeport West) notes: Commonlands: Fallen Crusaders A new city writ replacing one of the older writs hunting in Fallen Gate.
    • City Tasks Freeport 15-19 "Orcish Threats" Lvl 16 NPC Trooper Bonesaw (Freeport West) notes: Commonlands: Bloodskull Warriors A new city writ replacing one of the older writs hunting in Fallen Gate.
    • Hallmark "A Very Painful Lesson" Lvl 01 Auto Auto-update betrayal quest Auto receive this quest when giving the wrong answer to Aethus Kasyu, Grandma Twirlwhizzer, or Stalker Granis while doing the "Qeynos to Freeport - Exile" quest. You must return to Matthias Siegemaker and pay him 2 gold before trying again.
    • Hallmark "An Unbelievably Painful Lesson" Lvl 01 Auto Auto-update betrayal quest Auto receive this quest when giving the wrong answer to War Duke Gesarius while doing the "Qeynos to Freeport - Exile" quest. You must return to Matthias Siegemaker and pay him 3 gold before trying again.
    • Hallmark "Qeynos to Freeport - Acceptance" Lvl 17 NPC Matthias Siegemaker (Commonlands) Receive this quest after killing War Duke Gesarius and finish when talk to appropriate class trainer inside Freeport. When you receive this quest, Freeport guards are no longer hostile.
    • Hallmark "Freeport to Qeynos - Acceptance" Lvl 17 NPC Vishra (Antonica) Receive this quest after talking to Lower Magistrate Rochelle and finish when talk to appropriate class trainer inside Qeynos. When you receive this quest, Qeynos guards are no longer hostile.
    Strike (These quests no longer in game, but were at one point and still count towards total):
    • "Trapped!" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19 All of these quests were replaced with new writ quests.
    • "Repel the Invaders" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19
    • "Subterranean Rituals" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19
    • "Undead Mercenaries" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19
    • "Plundering the Tombs of Neriak" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19
    • "Secrets of the Overlord" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19
    • "The Grim Diggers" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19
    • "Horrors of the Abyss" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19
    • "Nocturnal Feeders" under City Tasks Freeport Lvl 15-19
    Message Edited by Shardis Wolfe on 04-18-2006 03:11 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

Hi thanks for all the updates again. I'll add them all into the next installment of the list, which I plan to upload on May 1st. So if you have any updates, bring em on!

But with that, I also have some sad news...

I decided to say goodbye to the world of EverQuest II. It's been a lot of fun the past year-and-a-half, but the thrill is gone now for me and I find myself logging in less and less. This doesn't mean I don't like the game anymore, I guess it's just time to move on.

This also means that I'm planning to stop with the questlist. However, there's been so much work into it, not only by me but also by those who contributed to make the list what it is now, that I would hate to see it not to continue in one way or another.

So... perhaps there's someone out there who's a wiz with Excel (which I'm not by the way), who can continue the work. Someone who understands level of accuracy we're trying to get in this list, up to the point where a single dot can make a difference in the spelling of a certain quest :).
  12. ARCHIVED-MarginalAtBest Guest

Sorry to see you go Arcanya. Thanks for the work you've put into this list.
    I'd apply for the job, but my own play-time will soon be less than usual.
    Good luck to ya.
  13. ARCHIVED-yadi Guest

Sorry to hear that... you did a wonderful job with the quest list!
    The update on the 1st of May should give me a good go until someone takes over and continue this super job... :smileywink:
  14. ARCHIVED-Shardis Wolfe Guest

Just out of curiousity, how much bandwidth does the checklist and its website consume on average?
    Sounds interesting to help keep it going, but any game aids that become popular tend to be expensive to maintain on the web. That is one reason why most major fan sites are sponsored by gaming magazines or web hosters that specialize in the gaming industry.
  15. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

I'd say around 600-700MB average monthly, but it's hard to tell because this file is not the only thing on my website. But it certainly attracts the most visitors. The April 1st file has been viewed over 1000 times so far:

Viewed: 1010
    Avg. Size: 446.81 KB
    Entry: 896
    Exit: 939
  16. ARCHIVED-Arcanya Guest

Well here it is, my last fully updated file. Over 3200 quests now. When I first posted the list I had no idea where it would go and certainly did not expect it to be such a big success. Many thanks, once again, for all the amazing help I received to keep the effort going in making this list as perfect as possible!

*bows*
  17. ARCHIVED-LordAdder Guest

Many thanks Arcanya. A project like this takes a lot of patience, dedication, and a certain kind of, well, passion, for the game or whatever the project entails. You've done an outstanding job with this, and your presense will be sorely missed. Good luck to you.
    *salute*
  18. ARCHIVED-Crestus Guest

Thanks for all your hard work on this project Arcanya. Enjoy whatever you will be doing with all your new free time.

As for the spreadsheet, I have some updates for whatever updating continues from this point.
    Access Quest High Crimes Lvl 068 NPC Arbiter Selek (Bonemire)
    Access Quest To Speak the Unspoken Lvl 068 NPC Arbiter Selek (Bomemire)
    Collection Tome: Generations Lvl 045 Examine Piece Of Collection
    Collection Tome: The Big Bang Theory Lvl 065 Examine Piece Of Collection
    Message Edited by Crestus on 05-02-2006 01:00 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

Has anyone stepped up to take over this task? Great job btw, sorry to hear you are leaving eq2.

20. ARCHIVED--Fluffy- Guest

If anyone is interested, I am working on an online version of the list.

It's not completely done yet, but the main functions (like keeping track of which quests you've completed and importing the from the old list) are working.

It can be found here: http://eq2.fluffy.dk