The Predator AA Tree

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Sydares, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kenstin1983 Guest

What exactly does Perfectionist do for Rangers? It says any combart art with a re-use timer of 2 minutes or more gets that timer reduced by 50% and increases the damage. Do rangers have a lot of combat arts with a 2 minute or longer respawn timer?
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

From what i can remember it helps Sniper shot and storm of arrows, both of which are very nice parsing CA's for rangers (especially storm of arrows imo). It should also apply to arrow barrage but I think there is still a bug where it's not working properly right now.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kenstin1983 Guest

Wow that's huge. With Perfectionist sniper shot goes from a 15 minute cooldown to 7.5 minutes, and gets its damage increased by 15%. That's 2 points well spent. Thanks for the help. I'm still fairly new to Eq2 :) Just started my ranger 3 weeks ago.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kvik Guest

Would be great if it did indeed half the reuse time, but it doesnt, My Storm is down to 2 min and Sniper down to 10 with perfectionist. Got to love Sony math....
  5. ARCHIVED-Noob1974 Guest

The problem with the KOS Tree is that with STR,AGI ( Endline Ability),STA and INT there were 4 suitable line for assasins whiel they were only AGI, INT (till poison proc nerf) and partly STR for Melee Crit bonus because our best CA DPS wise, zonewides, is our Melee Dot.
    Secondary Assasins are no longer predators officially but still share the predator tree. They are rogues and should therefore use the rogue tree, which brings the problem can you have a KOS Tree for only class......
  6. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Noob1974 wrote:
    Get ready to be disappointed. Someone leaked the new AA over on that other board. Rangers get screwed big time again. They gave an endline ability in the KoS tree that basically only benefits assassins. And our AA simply upgrade the damage on our already useless CAs. 10% to stream! wtf, get rid of that. 15% to immobilizing lunge, 10% to storm, linger duration on cheap shot, more snare on snaring shot. Compared to the assassin AAs, they are teh suk.

Thank god I quit this game so I don't need to go through this b.s again.
  7. ARCHIVED-Hexus Guest

If any of you developers read these forums, send me a PM or tell in game. Obviously no one who designs these abilities or AA's has ever played a ranger or has any idea of how the class works.
    I can only hope that the AA tree in SF gets changed from what's currently listed on those "other" forums, because what you've given me is a ticket to betray and finish the other mythical quest line.
    10% damage increase to Stream of Arrows? Are you kidding me? You could give that spell a 50% increase to damage and it STILL WOULD NOT BE WORTH USING. Remove the stun/stifle and make it AE, give it 25-35% increase, and maybe then we'll talk about putting it back on a hot bar.
    I can't believe that there's anyone that even remotely understands how rangers work who designs this game, the primary problem being that they are the ONLY ranged scout class.
    I would almost prefer them be removed from the game than relegated to this, and I've been playing a ranger non-stop since Beta EQ 1.

Hexus
  8. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

Hexus wrote:
    the endline abiltiy in the predator tree allows the predator to bypass stealth requirements for their CAs. So all those hard hitting stealthed CAs rangers have.....wait we don't have any, those are all assassin CAs. yipee!
    Yay we also get an AA that increases our base auto-attack modifer - for melee attacks only!!! Yay again!
    Let's see they also improved our hawk dive to siphon more hate!! Yay again!
    We do however get anothe AOE CA which is nice. Pretty low damage but at least it is something new.
  9. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

Nevermind

Grats on your incoming ban.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Ranja wrote:
    Someone leaked already obsolete information from beta where things are constantly being changed and tweaked.
    The info on that site is already wrong.
    Unless you're in beta and actively testing and helping get these things tweaked, I strongly suggest ignoring the leaks.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

-=Hoss=- wrote:
    Like I care. This game went to $#%%^ a long time ago especially for rangers. My sub is up end of month and I have not logged in for a couple of months.
  12. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

lol at the leaked 'info' in this thread, if you can even call it that at this point.
  13. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

Really interesting that the thread wasn't even locked. LOL
    Guess you're not getting banned afterall. So I'll just go ahead and say you were way off the mark.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

-=Hoss=- wrote:
    I hope I am. But at this point after 5 years of this, even if they are different I am sure they are just as bad.
  15. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

5 years? Dude, rangers have not been getting the short shaft for 5 years. Past couple expansions, mybe, but not since the game released. Since release they've been one of the most favored classes of all time. The uniquness of the fact that they were ranged, yet not casters is whats made the swings pretty wild.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

-=Hoss=- wrote:
    We sucked on release. Way underpowered and weak sauce solo'ing. We were gods in DoF. That lasted a year. KoS crushed us with the proc change and we got no other compensation. EoF we and assassins were fairly balanced. RoK and TSO we became second rate DPS.
    And we have probably been nerfed more than any other class in the game because of PvP. Not to mention the horrible itemization we have to put up with because of short sighted item designers. And the fact that we get screwed on most every buff in the game that either buffs the melee counterpart more or completely ignores buffing ranged.
    So yea for about 2 years of the 5 we were balanced. Do you even play a ranger?
  17. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I'll agree we tend to get the short end of the stick but it doesn't seem nearly as bad as people seem to portray most of the time. At least it seems that way to me, I'm almost never beat by enchanters unless its a severe fluke. Summoners beat me on huge AE fights but I beat them otherwise. Feel I'm about a 2nd or 3rd when it comes to overall DPS though. Which wouldnt be a huge problem if we brought something else to raid besides DPS unlike the classes who can beat me on the parse. Itemization is going to be fixed by stat merges which will in turn fix the problem of range/melee buffs save for flurry and AoE auto attack.
  18. ARCHIVED-akaglty Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    The problem is, if we still suck when these itemization changes happen we won't get gear unless it's a DKP guild. Right now we don't see alot of gear but a good deal of the gear we do get is by default because it has ranged stats on it and no other class wants it.
    What happens when we share that gear pool with all other scouts and our class sucks at dps? Getting gear every once in a while out of pitty doesn't sound like alot of fun.
  19. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Well I can't speak to that really since I am in a DKP guild and have 100% attendance. Other guilds I was in kind of 'took turns' with loot with exceptions for main tanks and main tank healers. The consensus is right now, rangers Auto attack isn't higher than others scouts auto attack anymore, but our CA damage is still lower than there's in comparison, so need a overall boost to our CA damage that isn't some AA skill or piece of equipment, an innate increase in CA damage/DPS.
  20. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Kvik wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with their math. They never said that it halved the reuse time, they said it decreases reuse time by 50% which it does.