The One Above Dot bug.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Enigma, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Jokirr Member

Ok so I did testing with a Zerker, Me (warlock), conj, nerco, wizard, defiler, and an assassin to test this change out. And it ONLY works on warlock spells, nobody else gets double hits, some get the message but nothing happens, then other just don't get the message at all.

This is a massive blunder sorry to say, can we just scrap this effect and give the caster 100% final dmg like the scouts and call it a day?
  2. Enigma Active Member

It is working with DoT's and dumbfire pets if you look closely in ACT you will see "essence of expertise <insert dot name or dumbfire name". However the dumbfire pets from the essence of expertise do not crit and the DoT's do not gain any benefits from prestige/stats from me personally. The damage seems way too low.
  3. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Essentially, the dumbfire pets are not sharing stats like normal dumbfires, and the dots aren't sharing AA/prestige, aye.
  4. Enigma Active Member

This is exactly it. Sigh another fix is in order now lol...
  5. Enigma Active Member

Lol it's so funny seeing the essence of expertise of my awaken grave do only 21k damage.
  6. Enigma Active Member

Deity spell Incinerate did only 123k crit in damage while my normal Incinerate hit did 8m.
  7. Jokirr Member

do you have the weapon yourself? cause only I had the weapon in the group
  8. Enigma Active Member

Yes i have the weapon myself.
  9. Jokirr Member

Then I think that's where another problem is, I'm guessing the wielder of the weapon its working just fine but group members have issues.
    This item still has many problems to be ironed out.
  10. Nubek Active Member

List of bugs currently:

- The effect doesn't seem to be groupwide anymore, only the wearer of the ethereal will get extra expertise hits
    - The expertise hit ignores AA's (Thunderclap only gets 1 hit, while AA Thunderclap gets 3 (this one actually worked properly before the 'fix'), the 2 extra DoT ticks from Ancient Fury are ignored, the extra trigger from Aura of Void is ignored. Toxic Assault / Dark Aggravation will remove the effect but neither of them even trigger any extra expertise damage.)
    - Dumbfire pets don't share stats at all which means they do next to no damage.
    - Ability Mod still seems to be ignored as well leading to very low initial expertise hits, kinda dissappointing
    - There is still no message present in the log that tells us when Expertise becomes active, this makes it really hard to plan around it since you can't really look at your spell window all the time waiting for a tiny flashing icon.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

This is incorrect. Message seems to be working fine. Log line is "Expertise will cause your next spell cast to trigger twice!"
  12. Mogrim Well-Known Member

This frustrates me to no end, as the Dev team clearly worked hard to make these items and I appreciate that work and I hate that a few bugs is causing this item to be difficult :(
  13. Arieva Well-Known Member

Can confirm that the groupwide proc seems broken. Grouped up with my troub and when ethereal would proc only ability I could use to consume the flashing icon in spell effects window was daggerstorm. Couldn't get any regular troub hostile spells to consume it. Looking at ACT it appears daggerstorm did properly double as i received 24 hits not 12 and no mention of multi in the special column. I assume since groupwide is broken this is not effecting primary pets properly either since they are considered a member of the group.
  14. Foretold Well-Known Member

GDI. I was so looking forward to this update. More broken than before, yet assassins are piling up the DPS with their weapon. Yay.
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

Looks to me like Swarm pets are doing a couple of goofy things when they are expertise. Each is only hitting initially for about 1k worth of damage for me whereas the regular version of them is about 16k. So a huge discrepancy there which may come down to lack of shared stats which someone else said. However most my swarm pet damge comes from what they cast once they are up (not the initial hit). For example for aqueous swarm its Frozen waters. The expertise versions don't seem to cast that at all. They just hit for 1-2k a piece every few seconds. Basically worthless.
  16. Arieva Well-Known Member

Looks like primary pets are probably working whereas group members are not. I see now the damage from the pet (it through me that its showing under my damage not pets in act) and I see a confirmation message as well now when the proc triggers.
  17. Arieva Well-Known Member

All the primary pets expertise attacks are hitting low compared to regular spell hits. Consistently hitting for half as much on average. Quite disappointing.
  18. Nubek Active Member

Nothing shows up for me :/ Is there some combat filter setting I need to enable to see it orso?
  19. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yes. Check Spells under Message filters. I have them all on in the tab in which it shows up so its in there somewhere. Or make a trigger for ACT as I believe the message goes into logs regardless of whether or not you have them displayed in the chat windows. Not 100% sure on that though.
  20. sycla Active Member

Was all excited about the "fix" till i tested it. Out of 793 mill damage in a adv solo the Expertise was only contributing 6-7 million.
    All the numbers on the expertise hits were so low as to be negligible...no one will notice if it was not there.
    I'm assuming the dev's did not intend for this to happen and will fix it for real soon.
    We will probably be better off with the effect from scout ranged copied to mage weapon.