The Nexus Core [Challenge Duo]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Yajirushi62, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Hammdaddy Active Member

Umm make them entirely script based? I think a hard version of bristlebane would be an amazing idea.
  2. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

As it stands, you can only beat this with a tank/dps combo. Tank/Healer or DPS/Healer will never work due to the script and the amount of dmg you take as the fight goes into the 7-8+ minutes.

These duos should be about doing the scripts correctly, not about bringing the correct classes or the correct AA.

Even if they said beforehand that you will likely see never-before AA setups used for this for more survivability, the only way to beat this now is to have pure dps AA setups to be able to do the 20% burn.
  3. balzor Active Member

Lets just hope that sony isnt considering those adornments neccessary to kill cruor, in which case any guild trying it better show up with an entire raid full of tanks/dps.

If not who cares the loot sucks just like the *2 so no need to worry about doing it!
  4. Hammdaddy Active Member

The x2 charms aka the crit bonus/potency are best in slot for every class but maybe like a tank and even then its debatable.
  5. balzor Active Member

How much better are they than salvo and bell tolls

Ill do my understanding of it, correct me if I'm wrong!

So standard Salvo gives you 120 pot/cb + 72 pot/cb provided an entire raid click its together (just for the sake of this, doubtful that would ever be obtained. for a total of 192 pot/cb or say 384 combo of the two. Available for 1/3 of the time so 127.9 combo.

If you have Salvo 2 all active in your raid that would work out to 143.99

Kerafym's rage gives you 70 pot or cb for 75% of the time, so 52.5 plus 60*6 for 25% of the time provided the entire group has the charm which will work out to 90, so 90+52.5 = 142.5.

Thats better than salvo 1 but not 2.

Correct me If I'm wrong maybe I'm missing something. Maybe the larger insta cb on the cores are better for a burn?
  6. balzor Active Member

Heck even then you'd still have more insta out of salvo at 384/432 combo vs 360 pot or cb. I must be missing something.
  7. Darkon Well-Known Member

You'll never coordinate that many salvo 2's. So core's are just better.
  8. balzor Active Member

So with that being said I would still have to say that the 2 items out of many that drops that is slightly better based only on the fact that noone would want to coordinate something still warrants the loot sucking! My opinion at least. I would have totally preferred a much harder *2 with loot that actually made people drool.

Perhaps I'm greedy =(.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

Loot from the x2 is absurdly strong.

The way they drop is god awful however. It got reported in beta and even posted in the beta thread regarding this encounter.
  10. balzor Active Member

What do you mean absurdly strong? Its 2 items! That's not a game changer in the least bit, and its hardly better than salvo. Cool 1 good item that noone would miss if it didnt exist in the first place.
  11. Darkon Well-Known Member

They are game changers if used properly.

Salvo is broken tier powerful, so something that can eclipse _that_ is obscenely powerful.
  12. balzor Active Member

Which fight currently in game would the perfect execution of these be a game changer in which the perfect execution of salvo would not. An item that provides a marginal increase ( a decrease if salvo was executed perfectly) is not amazing in my opinion. That's on the same lines as saying wing 3 loot is amazing since 2/2 mystical "eclipses" 1/2 mystical. In my opinion that sucks and was really not much incentive to keep going; Now some of the new jewlery from cruor and Tarinax / wing 3 is a different story but imo *2 loot is lame, maybe not sucks but seriously were you like omg must have so amazing when you saw it?
  13. Hammdaddy Active Member

Im pretty sure
    60*6 = 360
    And that cb AND potency so you co-ordinate that around like a timewarp when everyone is smashing buttons during time warp it will beat salvo
  14. Darkon Well-Known Member

Yes I was.

Salvo is only good if you coordinate. These items can be clicked and get equivelent benefit of a coordinated salvo click at any time. That's stupidly powerful.
  15. balzor Active Member

60*6*.25=90 like I said.

And its CB or Potency unless you have both charms, which is 2 slots and you are arguing against 1 slot.

Going to sleep now, I shall continue this argument over which item giving you marginal upgrades over the other is mega awesome game changing tomorrow!
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I am 100% sure that 24 salvos > 24 potency charms. but if your raid doesn't have 24 salvos then idk. I'd rather have 212.5 cb/pot for 20s every 60 rather than 360 pot for 15 every 60 + 70 static.

Overall though having to coordinate your charm presses is really stupid because it'll **** certain classes due to recast times.
  17. Crychtonn Active Member

Haven't you learned you can write until your fingers fall off in beta and it won't change a thing. Loot was done this way so in 4-6 months they can post a patch update changing it to how people said it should be in beta. You'll then see the obligatory "Thank You Dev's" thread started up for making said change.
  18. Iseous Active Member

If everyone coordinated Salvo II it would be a total of (132 + 3.5*24) = 216 cb/pot, or 216*2*24 = 10368 total stat increases for the raid 1/3 of the time, so an average of 3456 total increase to the raid. If everyone used these new charms, they give 60 to everyone in the group, which is 360. Thus a total of 360*24 = 8640 total stat increases for 25% of the time which averages to 2160 stat increases. But then 75% of the time it gives 70, so 70*24*.75 = 1260, for a total average of 2160 + 1260 = 3420. Thus, the new charms would be slightly worse for the whole raid. And per person, having 216 cb/pot is better than 360 of only 1.

Although this comparison assumes perfect coordination of Salvo II. If we assume only 1/3 coordination since it is up 1/3 of the time, then we would have 132 + 1/3*24*3.5 = 160 cb/pot. Thus a total of 160*2*24 = 7680 stat increase 1/3 of the time or an average of 2560, which is worse than the new charms (3420).

Furthermore, more people will be able to get these new charms than Salvo II, so it would be more likely for most raids to have only Salvo I, which is worse: (120 + 3*24) = 192 cb/pot, or 192*24 = 9216 total stat increase, or 3072 for 1/3 of the time. Thus, even with perfect coordination of Salvo I, it would still give less overall stat increases to the raid than the new charms which do not have to be coordinated. Since Salvos give more stats for a single person, they would probably still be better for DPS classes, but any other class would probably benefit the raid more by having the new charms.
  19. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Salvo's can be coordinated if done properly via chat channels!
  20. Kanalie New Member

guard + monk

Malleria likes this.