The Nexus Core [Challenge Duo]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Yajirushi62, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Yajirushi62 Active Member

The patch notes seem to indicate that the zone was supposed to make an appearance in game today, and yet we can't seem to find it at the normal zone-in. Are we supposed to zone in from somewhere else?
    excalibur84 likes this.
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Current speculations include a) it's like the other 3 challenge duo zone-ins and the zone in is a tiny object that rotates around VI or b) it won't be turned on until 9 am like age's end.
  3. Yajirushi62 Active Member

Ah, sounds fun. Thanks Buffrat
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

field of bone
  5. Yajirushi62 Active Member

WOOT, I've been wanting to go back there forever!
  6. Yajirushi62 Active Member

Well Ucala, you were right about the FoB, I found the zone in.
    Ucala likes this.
  7. Yajirushi62 Active Member

Solo'd to 90% with a slacker bruiser, I see it being dead by the end of the night to at least the top 3 WW guilds. Also, Vishus, go solo it so I can watch?
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea, I pulled it on my illy, lasted like 2 min solo. seems pretty easy unless something changes mid fight
  9. ElectricPotato Active Member

Zone in is really the universal nexus zone in, Vesspyr. What % do those ancient rippers pop up? 50%? Looks like the dark matter missles decrease his/her armor plating (firing or proximity of detonation?). It would be funny if it needed to take a blast at the center hole to finally die at the end (via Pawbuster).
  10. Yajirushi62 Active Member

lol Electric, it didn't show up until ~9:30 soe time iirc.

Yes, SoE time is much more accurate then PDT in this case.
  11. Hammdaddy Active Member

When missles go through him and hit you itfeelsbadman
  12. Ratza Well-Known Member

Agree....one of my least favorite zones in TOV
  13. Genghes Active Member

Anyone beat it yet?
  14. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Yeah, no one I know likes running Nexus, lol.
  15. Laita Well-Known Member

I solo'd it down to 80% then the ancient rippers activated and kept healing it back to 100%.. and they're immune to attack..
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

the rippers aren't what heals them to 100
  17. Laita Well-Known Member

Considering the ancient rippers say "diverting healing energy to mechanoct... complete" and then a green glowing ripper flies into the mob and it heals back up to 100%... i'd say it is.. but have only been messing around in the zone for about 20 minutes, so..
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

since it starts at 80%, I'd say it's just the green missle the name launches
  19. Laita Well-Known Member

it's not, the missiles are purple.. at 80% is when the ancient rippers activate to heal the name you can stand back and watch them fly across the zone.. but think I have that part figured out (for the most part)
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

at 80 there are all purple missles and 1 green one per set (2 at a time) and the green ones heal him if they hit him
  21. Yajirushi62 Active Member

yeah, Ucala is correct this time.