The Nexus Core [Challenge Duo]

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Yajirushi62, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Laita Well-Known Member

Yup, I managed to "kill" all of the ancient rippers and at 80% the green missle/ripper looking things still came.. was hoping with all the ancient rippers dead, that they wouldn't.
  2. Darkon Well-Known Member

The rippers don't become relevant until 40%, and then more so at 20%. Until then they do nothing.
  3. Darkon Well-Known Member

We've got it down to ~6-8% so far. Been working on it 6+ hours.
  4. Darkon Well-Known Member

Best result was 5%, although gear/aa weren't optimized, I don't think they would've made enough of a difference.
  5. balzor Active Member

plz kill already! Need to see if the loot is worth it!
  6. Darkon Well-Known Member

It's going to take a LOT more work for us to kill it. The strategy of following the script isn't going to allow us to push the final dps threshold prior to death. Need to redesign how we were pulling it.
  7. balzor Active Member

plz share winning strat if the loot is worth it! <3
  8. Darkon Well-Known Member

I wont just share it, I'll stream it. twitch.tv/vizshus

Follow me if you wanna know when I go live, and you can watch us wreck it!
  9. balzor Active Member

This is why I love you, best of luck acquiring your "the bell tolls IV" , "Fortitude Stand IV" ect ect!
  10. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Pulling that for 7 hours was horrible.

I think the damage reduction is silly, like...maybe we're missing something sub-20? But, as a necro it's literally cast 2 spells joust cast 2 spells joust back and forth for 5 minutes for the last 20%. Sometimes it's only 1 spell. The last 20% is half the fight duration. Then Darkon dies because we take too long to kill it. The only things I can think that we might be missing is like, the orb in the center kills him/takes off damage reduction stacks, the unkilled spinning rippers take off stacks (which isn't really possible to test since they don't respawn), or you have to somehow manage to drag him into his rocket volley without dying yourself to 5-10x Melt Armor (aka, guardian stoneskins or Faith).

I don't think it's currently killable by anything other than Crusader/maybe Guardian + Summoner, Ranger, or maybe Sorcerer. If any melee range scout (Assassin, Brig, BL) completes it I'd be impressed, since you spend more than 70% of the fight outside of melee range. Especially sub 20. We failed 3 times on our final pull of the day and we were able to fix it each time before it healed the mob or killed us. I died at 8% but self rezzed immediately, just to wipe completely 3% later @ ~11 minutes.

Code:
    http://www.twitch.tv/vizshus/b/557378432
    @ about 6:52-7:03
  11. Glassjaw Active Member

I haven't been able to spend time on this encounter yet but I wonder if a non range scout used Deceptive Discretion for the in combat speed among a few other items and used well timed dodging combined with the pattern with which the tank pulls the mob in... if the scout could maintain damage on the mob nearly full time.

I suppose a swash with their 8 meter melee range doesn't have too hard of a time on it.
  12. Faelen Active Member

I'm thinking Field of War could be useful as well
  13. Buffrat Well-Known Member

No. You can't be in melee range when the bombs are going off or you'll likely get hit, the hit boxes are really funky and you have to be at absolute max range, with Field of War maybe it's doable. Even then you're still doing a lot of running around and jousting every 3-4 seconds sub 20. Swash gets it easier because reach. If any of the 3 I mentioned complete it I think it'll be a Brigand exploiting their FD.
  14. Darkon Well-Known Member

I have to agree. The only melee scout with a prayer is brigand. Too much time spent moving not at the mobs back for any other to pass the checks. We'll kill it today friendrat. I'm in LA for business. Be home in like 3 hours. <3
  15. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Ya it should die today. I fixed spec and gear this morning, gonna do sol ro questline too.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Its cause how much the scripting just 'pauses' the fights. Makes it an annoying zone to do, and given it is very low in the loot curve, I avoided it. I can do other zones faster and have a chance at far better loot.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  17. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Have ran this with Inq \ Swash combo and it's a blast. +1 rogues! I'll have more incentive to run it when I see the loot I guess.
  18. Laita Well-Known Member

Grats on the kill Darkonx
  19. konofo Active Member

In before loot rage...

kono
  20. Darkon Well-Known Member

World first
    Code:
    http://www.twitch.tv/vizshus/c/4899517
    The loot being so class specific, and coming from a crate killed some of the joy from defeating it.

I got a mage only neck(as an sk), without a single mage on my account. I've never played a mage, and I have no desire to play a mage.

There are ~3~ teams worldwide that have a prayer of killing this in it's current state. (imo)

[IMG]