The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Gulaep Well-Known Member

I play from the US so I don't know any of the background history, but why do so many EU players seem to dislike Prosieben so much?

This was supposed to be a reply to Seffrid's post above where he said, "I have never switched either of them to PSS1, nor would I ever consider doing so." but I clicked reply under his post but no matter how many times I tried it won't do the quote reply thingy.
    Feara likes this.
  2. beagley Well-Known Member

Suggest you look elsewhere rather than derail this thread but in a nutshell, reputation, poor security, publishing players financial data on open websites, deleting inactive player accounts after 90 days, play to win stable of games, use of volenteer support staff, insistence on remote access to your PC, etc. Theres more but they are the main ones.

As I said. Please look elsewhere for more detail or start a different thread if you're really interested. The reasons why people dislike PSS is probably regarded as off topic in this thread.
  3. beagley Well-Known Member

You're a tad early. This doesn't kick in until the beginning of April!
  4. Gulaep Well-Known Member

@beagley,

You could have just answered and left it at that without being snippy. But if you felt so strongly about this you should not have even replied for you yourself would have been "guilty".

Anyhow, thank you for the reply explaining. I don't need more info, what you stated was sufficient.

And again I can't get the reply thingy to work when I click the tiny reply link on the bottom right of post. Maybe an IE 11 issue.
    suka and Feara like this.
  5. Valzen Well-Known Member

Are you guys still taking suggestions for gold membership?

If so, I'd like to suggest: 1. a percentage increase obtaining factions 2. Status increase... personal and guild. Even just as low as 5% would be great.

Thank you for posting the updates. :)
    Gaelmyst and Simparri like this.
  6. beagley Well-Known Member

My intention was to give you sufficient information without getting the post removed for being a derail or off topic. Glad it helped with that. It certainly wasn't my intention to come across as "snippy". And at the risk of trying to help again, the "reply thingy" is a bug with the forum software that they (SOE) are aware of but it usually effects firefox users.
  7. Raienya Member

So what other games besides Vanguard are shutting down?
  8. beagley Well-Known Member

Clone Wars Adventures, Free Realms, Wizardry online.
  9. Zetayn New Member

I love it how they say this and then someone brings up that vanguard is going now! Vanguard is a great game! Why is it going?
  10. paa5403 New Member

I must say, I think I understand SoE's plan and move in this direction. The Marketplace is generating more income for them than the subscriptions to various games. The new all access plan supports this and encourages people to at least log in to the marketplace once a month. It also allows access to SOE's top games that some may not have tried before because they could only afford to subscribe to one of the games.

It is sad to see Vanguard and Free Realms fading away. I was also saddened when Star Wars Galaxies reached it's sunset. These games just were not generating the revenue required to support the games, the servers, and be profitable.

Just a suggestion: I personally would love to see a version of these games released that allows people to run their own servers for these sunset games. This would generate more revenue for SOE and make their customers very happy too. SOE would not have the cost of running the servers as they would be hosted by the people that play them for themselves and others too.

SOE could also capitalize on this with the marketplace by providing adventure packs, upgrade items, etc. via the marketplace for those who want them and by logging in to the marketplace while playing these privately hosted versions, they would have access to these items, no subscription would even be needed, especially if they already have the new all access pass. They could even re-release expansions for this version so that people who want to, can play like a progression server or just play the expansions they want to if they do not want them all.

Certainly, SOE is a business and like all businesses they need to make a profit to stay in business. I have played many games over the years but I always come back to or continue to play SOE games like EverQuest and EverQuest II. I know I am going to love Landmark and EQ Next just as much and will probably be playing all 3! Other new shiny games have captured my attention for a little while but I always come back to my first love, EverQuest! I have enjoyed excellent customer service and in-game support over the years. The games are awesome, the content is cool, and there is always something to do or create!

Thank you SOE for a long love affair, I for one will continue to subscribe and support SOE games.

:) <3

Sincerely,
    Daniel Walker
    Katra, suka, Gaelmyst and 2 others like this.
  11. Tart Aquatique New Member

Any chance that you'll be making it easier to combine accounts? My husband and I each have two Station accounts with different games:

Account 1: EQ
    Account 2: EQ2

Account 1: EQ and Planetside 2
    Account 2: EQ2

Your Account Consolidation page says that station cash, veteran bonuses and time won't transfer. The problem is, both accounts have station cash and bonuses that we don't really want to lose. Also, both of our "Account 1" are showing that they have EQ2 on them. I don't remember ever even trying EQ2 on the old accounts so not sure why this would be.

Anyway, we'd love to have just one Sony account and use the all access pass to pay for all of our games at once but up to now the restrictions haven't allowed us to. Any plans to make this process easier or less restrictive with the change to the all access pass?

Thank you!
    Katra, Simparri and Dulcenia like this.
  12. Simi New Member

Im satisfied, ty for listening :)
    Gaelmyst likes this.
  13. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

I am also extremely interested in the EQN on grandfathered accounts. I too received the email saying my SOE account (I only have one) would be converted to the All-Access including EQN (and I certainly did NOT migrate anything to PSS1 - I only play EQ2 now, used to play EQ1). I was very happy about this, but now EQN is in doubt for us after all?

This (from the FAQ) certainly doesn't sound as if EQN is excluded, sounds like we get the same All-Access as a US account holder:

Mixed messages again?

I hope PSS1 offer a great deal to those non-grandfathered European players, heaven knows they deserve a good deal. They had better do it quickly too or European players are going to get mightily unhappy at the not insignificant pricing/availability difference,

Getting a strange and very unfamiliar feeling... I think it is 'valued as a paying customer despite being in Europe'. It is faint at the moment but very welcome........ ball is in your court SOE... EQN <cough>
    Trevynoae likes this.
  14. Simi New Member

If you, Daniel, think you can hear an ecco of your words....your right, its me :)
    Gaelmyst and Simparri like this.
  15. Kickya Active Member

Good move I say, I will be happy to continue with SoE to play EQ2 and then landmark and EQNext but if i have to have a new Euro account to play EQN then i will 100% say goodbye to SoE

Sorry but that's how it is, I wont want to have 2 accounts and believe most others in EU zones will do this also
    Trevynoae, Seffrid and Pipsissiwa like this.
  16. Xlotta New Member

Having to claim every month is inconvenient for us, which you will see when you start getting calls that people haven't claimed for a couple months and want what they paid for. I suggest not messing with our SC, is storage and accumulation really an issue to the point you are willing to lose half your paid players? This is what SoE does, develop games people really enjoy into something nobody wants, and many of us remember the mistake they made with SWG, as it was another loved game that people still desperately want to play in its original form that was ruined by the lack of ability to just leave it alone and add content to draw subscriptions, not microtransactions at every turn to unlock every feature singly.

This will cost you money all around, not just lost subscriptions due to discontent. Nobody likes this idea, and on behalf of us all, I suggest perishing the thought of changing SC unless you are adding value for paying players, not taking it away Nobody cares about the difference of $5 per month for all access, we all understand getting what you pay for, we bought this game. Some of us also own eq1, personally I didn 't ever care that eq legends was $40 and paid it happily.

Example: I have all expansions and yet although I bought reforging for 1000sc, I cant buy dungeon maker items to use for reforging without spending another 1000sc. Why do I have to pay sc for it when these added features came with an expansion purchase originally? I have bought all expansions, adventure packs, etc.. Yet I don't have a full unlocked game, and it's this way now in ALL SoE games, I buy everything and still don't have a FULL game. I have played SoE games since 1999 and haven't ever bitched to these forums but I must speak my mind for once, and let you know the only change you are making that anyone agrees with is lowering the all access price to $15 per month, most of us are upset we pay for all access to all games and still have microtransactions in each game to get the FULL game. Sounds like a scam to us all, and now taking the SC away is like the proverbial straw thrown upon the camel's back.

This is why we are touchy about the changing our SC issue, you changed the game to the worst business model ever concieved, freemium, and now we have to pay tons of extra money for things we used to get for the ton of money we already spent, like the 30+ expansions for eq1 and eq2 some have bought at $40 each, why the nickel and diming?. Sony seems to have a habit of making bad decisions in mmo game development, even though we all immediately detail the issue they ignore us and lose money. Can you guys NOT go changing things that work and that we like, and that we paid good money for, and simply ADD content like you used to?
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

They do say in the FAQ :
    My understanding of the part in red is that DCUO and PS2 will stay PSS1-only even if you have a grandfathered SOE account turning All Access after april 2.
  18. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

This sums up beautifully why I loathe and detest the business model SOE (and some others) has chosen, and why ESO is so appealing; Pay Sub = Get Whole Game. I shouldn't have to pay SC for any game feature when I already pay for the game (like insta-rev for example, it should just have a cooldown timer on it for subbers but be free). And why I remain deeply suspicious of EQN given SOE seem to be going down the F2P model with that too (that and the apparent lack of Ratonga...in game unlock for SC anyone?). That said, if it will be available on my grandfathered SOE account I will probably take a look.
    Katra and Trevynoae like this.
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound like you purchased the Ages of Discovery expansion. If you did, then contact customer support, because that expansion included reforging, dungeon maker, beastlords, research apprentices and mercenaries. I purchased AoD, and have never had to repurchase any of those features.
    daicia likes this.
  20. beagley Well-Known Member

This was debated in one of the original feedback threads. For ease I'm pointing you back at one of my responses in that thread as its easier for me to find rather than trawl through it all that thread again but the "readers Digest" version on this issue is that SOE are forced to do this due to a change in legislation related to taxation on virtual currencies. :(

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...-update-from-smed.544446/page-20#post-6024338
    suka, Kilar, flameweaver and 2 others like this.