The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

It's really sucking from my point of view, Vanguard, EQ2 & FreeRealms with the kids were the only games I really played these days. So I'm down to one game unless they have something super awesome they haven't revealed yet.
  2. Seffrid Active Member

Understood, but could you press for an answer on this point from higher up please? I ask for two reasons:-

First, EU players don't want to commit time and money through their SOE account for EQN Landmark if they don't know whether they'll be able to use the same account to play EQN. Most will in any event be unwilling to play EQN through PSS1 but even without that reluctance the "two accounts, two subscriptions" issue is a major concern that is of increasing urgency to be resolved given the timescale on the EQN Landmark Alpha.

Second, if the new All Access arrangements as stated at the head of this topic only apply in full to non-EU players then that should be made transparently clear. As it is, I have received two emails tonight from SOE telling me that my account will be automatically upgraded to All Access to include EQN and I am entitled to expect SOE to honour that.
    Pipsissiwa, flameweaver and Kaian like this.
  3. RadarX Community Manager

We're very aware of the issue surrounding this concern believe me. This is not something we are going to be able to answer in the short term. Once that information becomes available we will make it very clear.

If you have an SOE account, then that account will be converted to SOE All Access. If you have multiple accounts and chose to migrate to PSS1 through your main account, perhaps that's the reason? If not please let me know so I can confirm who notification went to.
  4. Pariel Active Member

Okay, so have I got his clear.....

I am an EU player, I have an SOE account of 15+ years which will migrate to All Access. The announcement says:

"We will be upgrading all existing individual game memberships to the new All Access plan, which will include the top-tier membership level in all eligible SOE games (EverQuest, EverQuest II, DC Universe Online PC, PlanetSide 2 PC, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, and the upcoming EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark) for one, low monthly rate of $14.99 (with extra savings for 3, 6 and 12 month plans). We’re also finalizing membership benefits to other games such as Dragon’s Prophet and will share these new updates as available."

So, taking the points in bold, can I assume, as stated here, my existing SOE account will remain with SOE and my all new shiny all access with give me access to the upcoming Everquest Next and EQN Landmark as stated in your announcement and seemingly confirmed in Brasse's FAQ:

Q: I am an EU player but I was grandfathered in as an SOE customer in EQII. Will I become an SOE All Access member automatically too?
    A: Those under an existing grandfather clause as SOE customers will remain with us, and will automatically become SOE All Access members under the new program.

Please can I have a 100% cast iron guarantee that what you have stated here will not be reversed?

Thank you :)
    beagley likes this.
  5. voodedoo Member

Hello.
    Thanks to this plan I have just upgraded my account back to Gold. The all access reduction and including Everquest NEXT in the list of games made it worth the price.
  6. Tinkrbelle Active Member

I am already currently an all access subscriber, will anything change for me except having to claim my free 500sc each month, and the cost go down from 19.99 to 14.99?

What about the number of character slots available? I know it was different between the gold and all access subs.
  7. Torryn Woodsrunner Active Member

Also, what's the current status regarding DCUO and the Loyalty Point/SC system? Will the PC version of DCUO be moving to Loyalty Points to jive with the PlayStation versions? If so, will the 500 Loyalty Point award be applicable to All-Access subscribers?
  8. Wista New Member

My question is since i pay yearly at a special rate will my cost go up to this 14.99?
  9. RadarX Community Manager

I obviously cannot give you a cast iron guarantee on anything. What I can tell you as we've stated, EQN Landmark will be run exclusively by SOE. We cannot confirm details on how EverQuest Next will be handled in this regard at this time.
  10. Vhardamis New Member

Seriously why are you paying for a game if you aren't logging in for months at a time? If you can't get off yer **** and take 5 minutes to log in once a freaking month you are being completely lazy. The only one punishing you is you.
    Feylone likes this.
  11. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Some players can't log in each month, like military stationed overseas in areas they cannot log in. There needs to be something set up for at least those in the military.
    suka, IZELLIA, Katra and 1 other person like this.
  12. Kilar Active Member

Well this is all very nice but the only other game I might have played under All-Access is Vanguard (which I played at launch for a few months and would probably would have taken another look at) and it seems that is being closed down. I don't want to play either EQN, EQL or any of the other games that are (May be) included in All-Access.

It seems to me that things will stay pretty much the same for me. Same charge for playing EQ2 - same 500sc (Except now it has to be claimed).

Once again this is another deal that on the surface looks good, but how many people that play EQ2 will actually play those other games? Games that are years old.

Same Ol' , same Ol' marketing crap. Thats what it looks like to me, epecially when you can play these games already for free.
    Katra and zen_7 like this.
  13. theriatis Active Member

That would also be interesting to know, i know a couple of guildmembers who catched the 25% deal, yearly subscription; do they have to pay what they pay now for the All Access or are also the prices "back to normal" ?

If so, i think that there are some people which rather wanted to stay EQ2 and single game.

Regards, theriatis.
  14. Seffrid Active Member

Thanks for the further reply. I'm sure you can appreciate the frustration of being told in announcements and FAQs that we're going to be able to play EQN through SOE and yet when the question is put directly no-one can confirm whether that will in fact be the case.

And no, my situation doesn't in any way relate to multiple accounts with one of them having been migrated to PSS1. I have two active SOE accounts (and a third I haven't used in years) and I have never switched either of them to PSS1, nor would I ever consider doing so. I will have nothing to do with that company, hence my seeking an assurance prior to sinking time and money into Landmark that the terms of the announcement and FAQ will be adhered to and I will be able to use the same account to play EQN.
    Feara, beagley and flameweaver like this.
  15. Baphmistra Active Member

Sounds good, but I'm only a Silver member, and have no RL$ to pay a monthly subscription, does this mean that I'm SOL for playing EQ2? I hope not, I've been playing with you since 2009, and own a number of prestige houses bought with SC, as well as several features and extra characters.
  16. beagley Well-Known Member

RadarX, I think the concern here is that you appear to be giving with one hand and taking any with the other. The two-e-mails I got and the OP in this thread state;

(N.B. Bolding is mine)

and the linked FAQ from the same forum post states;

(N.B. Bolding is mine)

So in your own FAQ you state we grandfathered Europeans will remain with you under the new program, and you explicitly that the new program includes the "upcoming Everquest Next". Yet you then go onto state that you can't confirm how EQN will be handled. This is contradictory and either the OP and/or the FAQ needs rewording or we need some clarity on EQN as Seffrid has reasonably requested.

I may be speaking out of turn but if it helps the precise clarity we are now looking for is "will a grandfathered European player on an SOE account get EQ Next on the new All access plan" This doesn't muddy the water with people who may have partially migrated to PSS1 as they are a different case. A simple yes/no answer would be appreciated.

In terms of feedback to the plan, other than the clarity being sought here, I very much like the changes.
  17. Sambril Well-Known Member

Well you will still benefit from the 10% discount in the marketplace so those 500sc will stretch a little further. Also there is the unspecified "access to exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year".
    In addition the double tokens for gold is now permanent.

I have 2 accounts. 1 is All Access with various grandfathered schemes which increase the number of character slots on it, I expect that nothing will change on this except the price I pay. The 2nd one is now EQ2 only, but was previously an All Access with extra slots - I lost access to those when I downgraded to EQ2 only (I knew this would happen and made sure I retained access to my most used characters). When the account reverts back to All Access under this new scheme will I get access to the now locked characters?

Also being EU I will wait for further news on EQN.
    Feara and flameweaver like this.
  18. flameweaver Well-Known Member

As a silver player, you've never had the monthly 500SC bonus, and these changes apply to gold memberships. I've not seen anything in any of the hundreds of posts on this subject of gold membership that suggests there are changes planned to silver or bronze accounts, so I think its case of carry on as normal.
    However as a silver player, there is nothing - post April 2nd(ish) - that prevents you from accumulating enough plat to buy kronos, to purchase gold membership and then benefit from the change.
    suka likes this.
  19. Blaupunkt Active Member

I should state I am from the UK, Having not been anywhere near EQ2 since the PSS1 mess started the other year I was looking forward to this after hearing about it, maybe I could come back to EQ2, try VG, and play EQ:N through my SOE account, but alas it seems not, killing off VG and still looks like I will not be allowed to play EQ:N with this account, so still no EQ:N for me, I will be standing firm in refusing to use/make any PSS1 or whatever account, no matter how good/great EQ:N turns out to be.

SO close SOE to getting some money out of me again, but until EQ:N is 100% confirmed and PS2 is included all of your games will continue to pass me by, not that anyone is really bothered I'm sure!
  20. Lasse New Member

I tried to download and start DCUO but I got an error message that my account was not allowed to login to the US server and promptly told me to got to Prosieben site, how does that work with the new All Access account coming? Will I have the benefits at the Prosieben as I would on SOE account? Or am i paying full price for games i cannot play?

"Unfortunately, this account and launcher can’t be used any longer for European players of DC Universe Online. Please click [here] to create a new account and download the ProSiebenSat.1 Games Launchpad."