The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. RadarX Community Manager

We completely understand the concern and your point of view on this. My goal in the response is to not give you any expectations we can't deliver on. This is not something we'll be able to announce in the near future given that EverQuest Next is still in early development.

When this information does become available it will I'm sure be prominently discussed on the EQN Landmark forums so we'll definitely let you know.
  2. RadarX Community Manager

It's unfortunately not that simple. There is a huge difference between maintaining a large scale MMO from 2007 or kids browser based games and an MMOFPS from 2003 that requires no marketplace, regular restarts, or general maintenance..
    Livejazz, suka, daicia and 1 other person like this.
  3. Drengr New Member

I read through this thread and if I missed the answer to this question, then I'm sorry, but I'm wondering if any consideration is going to be made toward those of us that had the current all access station accounts paid for a year at the current 12 month rate, which is no longer the rate under this new plan. In my case, my plan auto-renewed in early January, so a couple weeks ago, and now I see this where I pretty much overpaid quite a bit under this new plan. I'm wondering if I'm out of luck until January 2015 or if there will be any adjustment to our accounts for the overpayment when this new plan in enacted.

I have the station account for two games, one if which is Vanguard, so that pretty much stinks, but I am looking forward to EQ next, so if that is included in the all access, I won't feel too beat up.

Thanks for the updated info provided here.
    Gaelmyst likes this.
  4. Fixit Active Member

It was asked multiple times what is going to happen to the gold accounts receiving the 25% discount. Are they going to be affected by this new plan? I am getting the sense that SOE is going to eliminate this as well. I have 3 gold accounts on this plan and if it is revoked, I will be forced to quit EQ after paying since 1999. Can we get a positive answer on this?

After 14+ years of playing Everquest I am finally feeling that I am getting the run-around. There arent many straight answers we are getting here thus it leaves us feeling that we are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

We were told that gold accounts were going to get All Access and under that assumption, many of us got our hopes up. Now we are informed that many of the games that are included in the All Access pass will be removed. I understand that some of the SOE games are not as profitable as others and Sony is a business but WE, the paying customer, are part of your business and SOE keeps jerking us around. This is a poor way to show us, the loyal customer, that you are giving us the best gaming experience if its only the best for Sony.

I am really disappointed in Sony's track record of late. :(
    Snowmoon likes this.
  5. Pippers Active Member

I am a little less excited about getting all access now that the only two games I was interested in trying are getting axed (Vanguard and WO) :(
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  6. Lilaeth Member

Indeed - we're asking for equal treatment, not special treatment. The Americans at least should understand the sentiment 'no taxation without representation', which is what we EU players effectively have been left with for years. (Of course, as a 50-something British player, and one of the first females to work in IT in this country, I am probably also too much of a noob to be allowed to ask SOE for anything, at least by 'suntan's' standards...) Having been told that our grandfathered accounts don't need to go anywhere near ProSieben for access to the next gen of EverQuest, I expect that to be the case - breaking agreements can lead to legal difficulties, if nothing else.
    suka, daicia, Pipsissiwa and 3 others like this.
  7. Trevynoae Member

Funny fact:
    My account shows me an active subscription for that game but once I want to log in - nada - I am not allowed.
    I NEVER (!!!) migrated anything to PSS1!

I am really sorry - but I do feel insulted by that whole wall of text.

The faq tells us: https://forums.station.sony.com/soe...ess-program-faq.11500063040/#post-11500338048

Q: I am grandfathered in under a special legacy promotional program or locked-in rate and want to make sure I don’t lose my status! How do I find out how I am affected?
    A: Our goal is to honor all special rates and programs for our players. Please contact Customer Service with any special concerns you may have! https://help.soe.com/
    Kilar and Pipsissiwa like this.
  8. Lilaeth Member

Incidentally, a Guildmate with a grandfathered account recently raised a petition re one of his toons and was told they don't do support for EU accounts any more - they didn't want to know that it was a grandfathered account - is that the kind of agreement we have here? Not worth the disk sectors it's stored on??
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  9. Freyjja New Member

What about those of us who use Kronos to play with, will we also get the extra 500 SC? I would have thought that it would already have included that when you get the Krono as it is acutally more expensive than the actual monthly subscription.
  10. beagley Well-Known Member

Scroll back one page - post #94
  11. Pippers Active Member

Also answered in FAQ

Q: Will I be able to join All Access with Krono or SOE $15 pre-paid membership cards? A: Yes! These options will grant you thirty days of SOE All Access membership AND award the ability to claim 500 SC monthly, plus all of the other benefits of membership
    daicia likes this.
  12. Izanami Member

So are we not getting the 1 free 2000 or less SC item per month then? Because that really really sucks! That was a much better deal!
  13. Kaelek New Member

Personally, I'd rather have the 2000 SC... this blowz yo.
  14. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Why? You would be required to claim it ever month and spend it before the next month's is offered, so you pay 2K SC for a items that costs 100SC and the reset is lost, no "hoarding" allowed, use it or lose it. Add to the fact that there would be strict restrictions on what you could spend it on made it a lose lose proposition. This way all you have to do is claim it and log off, it goes into your wallet to spend at another date.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Not to mention you wouldn't even be able to "top it up" with more SC to buy something like a Heroic Character.
  16. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

This was the biggest thing to me, right here.
    Snowmoon likes this.
  17. Tommara Active Member

You are right. If I don't log in for a month, I should have cancelled my subscription. I frequently take breaks from EQ2 to play other games but usually haven't cancelled my subscription in the past. The reason I haven't cancelled my subscription is a mixture of customer loyalty (I don't mind supporting a game that I like but am bored with at the moment), laziness, and the fact that I received some benefit from my EQ2 subscription whether I played or not. Obviously, saving $5 per month doesn't matter too much to people like me who have paid for an EQ2 subscription for months at a time even though I wasn't playing.

So I have corrected this problem by cancelling my subscription. I don't see the upside for SOE from this. Did they really think they could force me to log in when the problem was more easily remedied by cancelling? I've read that people are causing a problem by not spending their SC. I'm guilty of that, too! I'd pick up several SC cards at a time when shopping, because I hate shopping. I won't be doing that anymore either.

Problem solved for me. I don't see how this helps SOE at all, though.
    Izanami likes this.
  18. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

https://forums.station.sony.com/soe...vised-soe-all-access-program-faq.11500063040/

Q: What happens if I am already an All Access Member? Do I need to do anything when the new program goes into effect? A: You don’t need to do anything. Your existing All Access plan will be automatically upgraded to the new plan at the lower price. If you have time remaining on your old plan when the All Access membership changes occur, additional time will be added to your account based on the new lower monthly rate, on a prorated basis. You can just sit back and count the savings!
  19. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

It is called real life, have a yearly auto renewing subscription and frequently cannot log on for a month or more due to being sent to areas that modern communications consists of a box of matches, some firewood and a wet blanket for anything outside of official business. Don't make judgments when all the information is not available
    Izanami, suka, Drengr and 4 others like this.
  20. balsbigbrother New Member

Apologies if this has already been answered, I had a quick scan through the posts/thread but I may have missed it. What will happen to accounts that have two or more separate subscriptions on them (expiring at different times) and how will they be consolidated into the all-access pass when the change over happens.

Many thanks for any clarification you can provide on this for me :)