The Lack of Respect

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Feldon, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Dang.

Really, REALLY wish that break had lasted longer than 16 minutes.
    Kheldar, Cyrrena, parissa and 3 others like this.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

The issue with not doing summer events though, even as a solo player is that if you suddenly get a change of heart in February that you want to raid or do experts, you will be in such a huge disadvantage until the next summer event.

I very much miss the ethereal weapon event instead of these insanely powerful adornments or pieces of armor. At least the weapons had unique models to show off too.
    Cyrrena and Wulfgyr like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What I don't understand is why EVERYONE doesn't have the obnoxious guy on forum ignore...

As for summer ethereals, they're nice. They're spiffy. They will become totally worthless shortly into the next expansion for most players. So investing a lot of energy raging about summer ethereals is really elevating your blood pressure to no good purpose.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

Mostly because the forum ignore feature doesn't do a whole lot, to which this thread is a testament. Every single person I have on ignore I can immediately tell when they're in a thread because people are responding to them being obnoxious.
    Kheldar, Cyrrena, Wulfgyr and 5 others like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL I don't understand why people keep feeding him.
    Kheldar, Argosunited, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  8. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Sometimes silence is complicit. And, it's been fairly easy to see, even with them on ignore, that he will feed himself and keep responding to his own posts until someone does respond. Even with them on ignore I can tell when he's posting.
    Kheldar, Argosunited, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  9. Zen Master formless, shapeless

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Sometimes, you cannot save people, you can just love them."
    Sigrdrifa, Schmetterling and Jalathan like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Or keep them on ignore. Just because a donkey brays, doesn't mean I have to listen.
    Kheldar, Cyrrena, Argosunited and 5 others like this.
  11. Jrox Well-Known Member

I would hope through all of this and the frustration mounting on both sides that the pull of the runes was a sign of needed change. The way this could all play out is the ethereal grind becomes real and while not as fruitful something can be gained, TIME.

@Day Break/Dark Paw You have made it clear on an exploit and how it will be met. Awesome, point taken. You have removed class cloak abilities, awesome move in possibly re-balancing classes. You have removed the runes from the ethereal event to either pacify or rework for a future date, hopefully to help with the new re-balance. Let's ALL take a breath for a moment. Let it go quiet...

Ok, next step. Let's ignore the community and follow through on the AA rework and focus all of our attention there minus the nagging lag we need one person to trouble shoot correctly and fix. Lets take our time and build a road map that lays out our next moves for the next 24 months to fixing all the previous years of ascensions has screwed us on for class balance and individuality. Lets ninja go back through our raid council minutes, our testing feedback and the outpouring of requests by a couple of people (Your spell checkers) and create some type of realistic way of acting on the most egregious bugs.

If this is why our runes, cloaks, ideas being ignored, and me getting banned from discord after all these years got us. I would be so f******* happy...

Wait, am I awake, oh damn I was day dreaming bored waiting for the server to come back up. Sorry...
    Kuulei, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Sorry I missed what Feldon said that set Benito of like that ?
    Well at least he has more constraint than other people I have run into on the forum , I have seen far worse than him .
    ( looks around wondering if she's not on some ignore lists herself )
    Lateana, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

So did everybody else.
    Lateana, Argosunited, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  14. Flatline Well-Known Member

While i agree on the rage part ...

There is a history of making the summer ethereals last well and beyond the event or even the next expansion, what insight do you have that the rest of us do NOT based on the trends we are seeing ?

Now i agree that on paper they are spiffy but meh, once leveled who knows? once the next couple of patches comes in who knows? Once we get to the fact that "we worked hard for these, they should do more!" (Like the last expansions ethereal armor which is STILL used and preferred by the entire raiding community (if you have them!) due to the buff they got assigned when Fabled Kael came in.)

I agree they should be useful up to a certain point in the next expansion, as we all said, even kander in his podcast i believe it was, they should be replace once you hit T1 raids, they are this day STILL used at endgame for the final tier of raids, DUE to the buff added in retrospect.

Based on that logic alone and the trend of them persisting for a good while... i totally understand the questions, concerns and all.

Now if we KNEW upfront what the final rewards was, what was in the next waves, what would be the end all be all - no changes - from the whole event it would be so much easier, but we dont.
    Cyrrena, Mermut, Ryve and 1 other person like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't think so. The raiders I talk to ditched the Ethereal stuff to allow for red rune slots and to make Resolve for Challenge Raids.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Flatline Well-Known Member

i would say they are wrong ? if they have full reinforcement its not rocket science with the ABDC on it.. Look them up or go ask in the raiding discord channel, its definately the preferred armour.

Making resolve is .... easy to be honest even for challenge
    Snikkety likes this.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

As far as lack of respect goes, we had someone buy off all advanced studies 11+ books of the broker on Test, probably to resell them now that they are available from the merchant.
    We all priced them at default price to save time for us and money for other players as cash is tight here. Emptying the broker doesn't help anyone and our server is all about helping.
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You need to know of the guild halls for that, so if it's true as far as Heroes of Test goes, it's not true of private guilds who don't have said depot. And it won't help unguilded chars who just play on and off and don't know the server very well and don't ask. I can send my stuff for free if asked, and I already sent tons for free so I don't need schooling. I put the rest at default price on the broker. Especially knowing that cash is scarce as a whole and that most players started at level 110 without any cash, giving the ability to players to buy books at 30g instead of the brand new 1p20 price helps them a lot. Removing kindly priced stuff for profit isn't good ethics.
    Schmetterling, Lateana, Ryve and 7 others like this.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I don't know the player and posted the screen to confirm a possible exploit with my fellow Test players which we then tracked down. I don't know the Discord handle or the server handle or other chars from the same player. Just tagged the first discord player who did say that he saw the books on sale in the Fabrication Hall.
    There's a specific ethic to Test Server which is not the same as live servers and which all regular Test Players know. Breaking this ethic on a struggling server isn't respectful. This thread was about respect from the devs and the community, so I stand by my choice of posting this here as it seemed relevant. You have the right to disagree, but as far as I'm concerned, the topic is closed.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Lack of respect is lack of respect, whether it is between the Devs/Gaming Company and the players, or the players and other players. I believe Feldon would agree with this.