The Lack of Respect

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Feldon, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

The lack of respect for players who spend a good chunk of money (some a LOT of money) to keep up with the progression in the game.

The lack of respect for testers to push content on a Friday and wait several days to then say it's all placeholder and completely in flux and thus players should not test it or draw any conclusions.

The lack of respect for Niami who spends a lot of time -- despite health issues -- to freely document Test and Live changes for players. Now it seems obvious that she'll have to post a THIRD set of screenshots and updates about these runes, all in the span of a week.

The continuously compounding consequences of the chaotic catamaran that is currently EQ2 seem to finally be catching up to us.

Just shoving stuff out there without even really looking at it gave us Blood of Luclin, and I guess these Summer Ethereals. Is this just the new reality? Don't even ask, just touch the live servers.

P.S. There are a few who will try to use their Jr Moderator immunity to try to get this thread shut down. Please ignore them.
  2. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

The only thing I can say is that I completely agree.

+1
    Kheldar, Jrox, parissa and 7 others like this.
  3. Ryve Ryver'Fish

It is utterly frustrating when the reality is the most recent issue with runes on test could have so easily been solved ..... Communication. A word that seems to be thrown around alot but actually nothing is done to address it.

If the Ethereals had hit test with a clear message of 'These are placeholders' or 'We're not really sure if we should use these but would appreciate feedback' then it would saved so much work for those on test, who scrambled to provide details for the community (multiple times). It would have also saved the community in uproar.

The approach of 'that'll do' really needs to end.

Talk to us, talk with us and make this right.

Ryver'Fish
    Kheldar, Jrox, Lateana and 8 others like this.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

I was banned from EQ2 discord years ago for apparently saying something "too" negative about the game so I am unable to see what is being said about these things except through screenshots of what Kander said about being respectful as if the paying customers are to be blamed for all the negativity surrounding the game.

I stongly feel that this toxic mindset is not helping them nor us and I urge them to resolutely come up with a method of transparent communication whereby feedback on content creation is welcomed with a more opened mind and appreciation.

As much as the development team is to be commended for their hard work, never shall anybody from the other side think that the players who voluntarily help to make the game better by testing the content and giving critical feedback and run websites that substantially improve the player experience (e.g. eq2u and eq2 traders) are to be shunned away just because some people do not want to accept that they are in the wrong and can get away with saying (or doing) anything they feel just because they can.

Know this, many of us are not here to just lament on everything the eq2 development teams comes up with and mark it down. We still pay for it, we still play it and we still want to enjoy this game and only feel overwhelmed by the lack of due response from the other side which, to a certain extent, we feel entitled to after years of sticking with the practices that can only be described as deleterious to the legacy of this game.

Let's solve this together!
    Kheldar, Jrox, Lateana and 13 others like this.
  5. Noobless Member

i also dont buy in to the idea the runes where places holders i think they where hoping people would see the runes and be happy for the leg up in raids and finally getting content cleared instead the backlace was in buckets full and rightfully so.

so what do we do to address it remove the class specific part of the rune and say they are the correct ones which are also a copy and paste job of the subclass rune that come with pop before u turned it into your class specific one lets not forget. and again they slid that in and hoped people wouldnt notice.

at this point the production team on this game might as well be ostriches with the heads buried in the sand to avoid any sort of conversation with the community of paying customers in what to do next to turn this around, instead for the most part the ban hammer will come out and those of us who care to speak out will fell its wrath and frankly now i am beginning to wonder will many people care loyalty has kept alot of people playing this game for all these years its a crying shame the same loyalty isnt given back to the players
    Priority, Cyrrena, Tegdaian and 7 others like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thank you Feldon. As a player, as a tester, and as one who dropped everything she was doing when I knew ethereals were in to help Mum grab screenies for the first batch, your comments are very much appreciated.
    Kheldar, Argosunited, Dude and 18 others like this.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Especially seeing as this apparently came as a surprise to the dev charged with designing them. So I'm told anyway.
    Kheldar, Dude, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  8. Flatline Well-Known Member

i see what you did there...
    Dude and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Uwopo Active Member

As someone who was part of the original EverQuest summit group back in the SOE days, I think what's missing is a more direct line of communication between players and developers. Even through it was only a few days a year and a private message board, it acted a force multiplier for getting important issues to the devs.

We know there are fewer people doing more work and therefore less time spent reading player input and testing the effects of mechanics and gear additions. I think the raid council helps, I'd like to see mechanics or itemization councils or some sort of combined effort.
    Jrox and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I just pretend the runes don't even exist, because they don't. Wave 3 comes out mid October, xpac's have historically launched in November except for 2, and they will probably change the rune color slots again and take them away from us like they did with BoL when they switched from Orange to Red. So we get to use them for 1 month? Wow...
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

CD didn't give class runes, those were from PoP. They generally change adorn colors every other expac, not every expac.
    That being said, we've pretty much been told that there may, or may not, be class adorns that may, or may not, be useful to the class(es) you play. And that any class adorns we see may (or may not) change without notice.
    Cyrrena, Zynt, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Feldon, I have refrained from responding to all of your threads and posts since our agreement to ignore each other. However, you have now - in an unsolicited manner - responded to 3 of my threads with 2 locked. I respect your right to speak your opinion. Please do the same for me.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

This forum community is my home. It has been my home for 12 years. It will be my home long after you get bored and move on to some other community. This will be my home until the day that EQ2 sunsets. We are not equals. Don't talk like we are.
    Kuulei, Kheldar, Avithax and 17 others like this.
  14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I won't even comment on the elitism. I have played EQ1 since Velious and EQ2 since launch. I have almost 20 years in both games.

That is not the issue at hand. The issue is maintaining civility and decorum as adults who have divergent viewpoints. The way forward is what has worked for the last 3+ months: to ignore each other's threads and posts. I'd like to reaffirm that agreement.

Thank you.
  15. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Then here's a wild and crazy idea: Maybe you should do that by sending a private message, versus posting on a PUBLIC FORUM to get the attention you appear to crave so desperately!!

Can't believe I had to take you off /ignore to point out something my teenagers have known for years.
  16. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Unfortunately, I had to take you off ignore to respond.

This is an olive branch on my part. This is a public statement because I intend to reaffirm and fully honor our agreement [to ignore each other] before witnesses.

Thank you for your concern. Hopefully, this is the last time I will speak on the subject.
  17. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

We can only hope.
    Kheldar, Cyrrena, Argosunited and 6 others like this.
  18. Elorastar Member

Yes, we can only hope it’s the last time he speaks ;)
  19. Spindle Well-Known Member

Benito, look into the mirror when you use the word 'elitist.'

Do not, I repeat, Do Not insult Feldon or Niami again. I don't care who you are, who you think you are, or who you think the players are.

You are a very trying individual and have a unique perspective on how to ruin the game and the forums.

Enjoy your life.

/heads back into cave, shaking head in disgust
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

With Pride Month and as the United States continues to fight systemic racism, we need to be an inclusive community. Oldcomers and newcomers are equal in my eyes. I don't care if you run a third party website or if you played EQ1 since Alpha. All people are welcome to EQ1 and EQ2 and I expect all people to be treated equally (warts and all)!!! There is no royalty or upper class in Norrath! All players are created equal!!!