The Lack of Respect

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Feldon, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

What is happening right now?

Test -- A small established community of Testers that doesn't really raid and barely has enough people to group in current content due to its class, DPS, and gearing requirements.

Test Copy -- A server designed so that characters could either buff up or transfer their main characters so that actual testing of Heroic and Raid content can happen without forcing players to grind. Shut down for no other reason than "maintaining another codebase is too hard."

Instead of biting each other's heads off, the correct place to focus frustration is at the devs for saying "go test!" and refusing to provide a proper venue for doing so.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

100% agree

If there is no way to copy an actual char to test.. how can we test something actual?
    I played on testcopy until shutdown
    Cyrrena, Tkia, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  3. Avithax Well-Known Member

I'm just guessing here but I imagine the devs would copy a toon to test for a player who they trusted to be a productive element. Gotta give kudos to Feldon once again though for saying what needed to be said and for making me order more popcorn from amazon.
    Cyrrena and Spindle like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On the recent podcast with Kander and Gninja, it sounded as if raids at least would be getting some kind of beta testing situation where you could copy your high level toons over. I'd recommend that raiders listen to it and see what you think.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Only if we can get someone like Sarah Cooper to do Kander's bit, like she does for a certain public figure.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

First of all, thanks for not condemning me for derailing the thread. Anyway, you're a big boy, you would have told me so if you thought I was hijacking something and I trust your judgement, and that's what I was thinking when I first posted, "if he doesn't agree, he'll say so".
    And in that case, your judgement is pretty good. We were all so really pissed wen we saw someone cash-grabbing like that, that we missed the fact that the main reason why we were pissed is because the difference is HUGE between 29 golds and 1p20 on Test... And being at the point where, at 120, 90g x10 is huge for a lot of players is what is really wrong. Like when casters went broke over ammo last year when we were raiding the dragons (was something like 45 minutes per dragon), all using the crossbow of the omens from the prelude. We ended up ditching the better gear for an old wand or buying subpar ammo (in my case I ditched the crossbow on a char and bought ammo from Kylong on the other).
    WE NEED A CASH INFLUX! WE NEED RECIPES!
    We can't Test anything like that. Even if we weren't on odd timezones, just the fact that we can't plat-infuse is a problem. I just can't go over the 137k pot I have, because I can't infuse (and no, I don't have the recipes and Bookworm hasn't been updated for 3 expansions).

Please, Devs. We need help, we're useless. Either give us real means of perfect ourselves or bring back Test-copy or something, but it's a deterrent for us now. We didn't choose Test to have as much impact as a flowerpot on a desk :(
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

This is the Test Server forum. Talking about the difficulty of testing plus potential broker shenanigans sounds fairly on-topic to me, whether it's in this thread or its own thread.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it is easy to find out who bought anything by checking your records , it very often stats who bought what .
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Nuggetmachine Member

9001% agree on test copy. If you want more testers, this would be an encouragement. I know they have Beta, and their QA servers to internally test, making the need for Test not *as* urgent but it would be wise to allow us to copy over our characters. The problem with the current setup is that we don't have gear to just jump in and test, we have to play the previous and current expansions to get gear, or use Finch's gear. It sucks because we need the underlying content/gear/level required to enter X content on test, which players don't have off the bat to test. I'm glad Finch gives out Level 110 baubles. Just wish we could copy.

Additional Suggestions:
    Counterfeit Coin Salesman in factional cities. (Gives 10000~ plat, no limit to help with buying items)
    Bottomless Crafting Depot (for endless crafting needs)
    120 slot bags. :p (just kidding... no I'm not.)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just to clarify - Finch no longer is on Test. You get the baubles directly into your inventory. You then have to zone or relog to trigger your mail, so you can get the summons from the Tribunal for your PoK access. Once you can get into PoK, you have access to the gear crate in Myrist. But you still have newbie 4-slot bags and no coin, so there is still a struggle to get ready to do anything.

I just got back from the hospital, and am crawling into bed for a bit, but the several of the other 120s on Test are also more than willing to help folks zip through the BoL prelude instance so they can get access to the Blinding and the level 111 gear crate there. Ask in General (or better yet in our custom /test channel, since that is cross-server) and see if someone is around to help when you need it.

I agree, we could really use bags, and REALLY use starting plat for folks.

For crafting, Heroes of Test (guildhall in Gorowyn) is set up for public access crafting, and I try to keep the harvest depot stocked.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

maybe test could have its own monopoly money that only works on test? sure it may be a maintenance nightmare but i am sure there could be made some automation routine that runs a script and replaces all plat with monopoly plat etc

then you can just grant monopoly plat out the wazoo?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. parissa Well-Known Member

Wouldn't really need a separate money, you can't transfer off test... But it most definately would be nice to have the plat along with the bauble... I played on test and you really get stuck in alot of spots with the plat situation... They should have finch give you a chunk of plat, bauble, and bigger slot bags to start on test.... Or make the loyalty plat bags free :p
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

well just to make sure there are same systems except different money and no way to exploit if you somehow got off the server
    parissa likes this.
  14. Nuggetmachine Member

Oh dang! Didn't know Finch got evicted. Thanks for clarifying!

And yes, 6 slots plus two 4 slot bags don't cut it!
    parissa likes this.
  15. parissa Well-Known Member

True.... I always forget about the ones that ruin the fun for everyone else... :mad:
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

He poofed recently. Mum saw that he poofed a couple weeks ago, but anyway, he was empty since the end of last Beta. We do have our very own NPC on Test, the bookworm in Maj'Dul where some special stuff could be added.

As far as bag go, we could get the broker stoked all the time and there's usually bags there, but it won't solve the problem that you start with 0 cash to buy them...
  17. Uguv Member

They should give you like 100 loyalty tokens with your bauble so you can use them for plat or whatever.
  18. Observing Active Member

If you played on TLE in the past, you might have one of the two heritage quest bags unlocked for free. Otherwise, you can use the bauble to 110 tradeskill where an 88 slot bag is 3 quests deep in Myrist.

If you are looking for actual cold-hard plat, chrono-mentor and take out Tower of Frozen Shadows x2 epic