The Great Cloak Caper has started --location inside!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kattt, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

They haven't announced plans to run it again, but given the popularity of the event (even with all the ... 'polite' complaining) I can't imagine that they aren't already planning similar events, including a repeat of this one. Especially given that there is an achievement and a well known penchant among EQ2 players for achievement hunting, it's unlikely it will end up as a one-time thing.
  2. Aggy Active Member

Rat is up in Stonebrunt fyi according to FB! Searching now
    Feara likes this.
  3. Kattt Well-Known Member

Ratscallion is in Jarsath here /way -782.48, 256.07, 1276.50

For full details and instructions on how to get to him, read the post on the first page of this thread. :)

They threw us off trail with the location info...but the hint was in the picture on social media, where it shows them standing in Jarsath. :p

( Another NOTE--BTW, I learned the hard way, don't use commas in the number of location itself. So commas *between* sets of numbers is fine, but it wont read the commas after hundreds etc properly. So 1,276.50, should actually be 1276.50...or else it will lead you to the wrong place. I made corrections above. )
    Feara, Jinksie, Taled and 3 others like this.
  4. Houjaamo Member

I was going to mention that, but you were to too quick. :p

When I copy/pasted the location and my wife typed it in, we were headed in opposite directions. :eek: However, based on your description of the route, I followed her and we found Ratscallion with no problem. :)

Thanks for keeping us updated, Kattt. My wife is a self-proclaimed cloak junkie and loves how this Cloak of the Fervorous goes with the Scorched Sky outfits. :D
    Taled, Feara and Kattt like this.
  5. Kattt Well-Known Member

you're very welcome. And yes I love that aspect too....goes with mine, though I am wishing it had come out a couple weeks ago. =)
    Taled, Feara and BaldNinja like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    this is the effect of the cloak, notice the scary glow of the eyes.

inside a cave well market on the lower left of the map, at -856, 274,1185
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

Excellent write up Kattt. Thank you!

Congrats to Grandavi!

Awesome!
    Anguisette, Kattt and Taled like this.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does he look great? Rocking that outfit is what he is doing.
    Anguisette and Kattt like this.
  9. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The location was edited on FB. Thank you all who let us know it was wrong.
    Anguisette, Kattt, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  10. Kattt Well-Known Member

Sorry about that Angeliana...I thought it was an intended wild goose chase for added fun. :p
    But it did make it more challenging and interesting, if not slightly confusing.
    :)
    Angeliana, Jinksie and Adrastus like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea, just think about how horrible that must be for that "poor" ratonga :rolleyes: , I guess we need a compass too.
    Angeliana likes this.
  12. Traesta Member

Ratscallion is currently MIA, we've had a few trying to get the cloak this morning to no avail...He really did run away.
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Ratscallion wandered off, but is back now. He will disappear at 8pm PDT tonight.
    Anguisette and Jinksie like this.
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

Apparently you aren't aware of all the psychologists and psychiatrists who are warning that social media is making people feel isolated, depressed, rejected, and even suicidal. And while it may only take you one or two minutes to look over social media sites, other people may be limited by their Internet connections so that it takes far longer.

And while I do playa EQ2, I didn't play it when I was healthy enough to have a real life. I would give anything to be able to visit friends, go to the mall, see a movie in a theater, or hike a trail again. Maybe you have to be denied these things to realize what you are missing.

I use the forum, to see when the cloaks are available since I normally play on KD. I am not going to sign up with a bunch of social media sites, I have zero interest in, to find out when the cloaks are available.

I would have no problems with posting notices about the cloaks on social media sites if DP was also posting on the forum. I pay to play this game--not to use social media.

Regardless, I am grateful there are players who notify us, via the forum, as it has allowed me to get 3 of the cloaks. The cloaks have all been lovely and I look forward to wearing them.
    Twyla, Smallcorners and Aterskia like this.
  15. Taled Well-Known Member

You know what else is bad for your mental health? Worrying over things that are entirely optional and have zero effect on your well being.

The cloaks do absolutely nothing except put different colors of pretty sparkles on your character. That's it.

Complaining about how they're announced, worrying over whether or not you have them all, etc, is far more damaging to your mental health than spending the two minutes a day to click the three links and briefly look at those social media sites that you absolutely do NOT have to log in to to see whether or not they have posted or not.

Even Twitter backed down on the 'must log in to see posts' thing, so you don't even need to be logged in there. (Edit: In fact, Twitter is generally better now without being logged in because you can't see what is typically a cess-pool of replies from the folks who pay for 'Twitter Blue' that are promoted to the top of the list on every tweet)

You aren't wrong that social media is, generally, bad for folks mental health. It isn't going to cause you any problems whatsoever to click on those links and go 'Oh, no post today', however.
    Chikkin, Anguisette, Jinksie and 4 others like this.
  16. Anguisette Member

It depends on who is paying them for their research as to their findings, so their "expert" opinions mean nothing to me. One can hire people who can tell you that participating in a video game or a video game forum is toxic and bad for your mental well being. The only person who can decide if something is bad for you and your mental health is YOU. I do not need the government or their lackeys telling me how I should live my life or what I should do, I am perfectly capable of logging off social media if I do not like what I see there. It's my responsibility to care for me, not everyone else's.

If you can play EQ2, you can certainly check 3 social media pages in 2 minutes. Maybe I am limited to what I can or cannot do, assuming I am not is pure speculation on your part. You know what they say about assuming right?

You do not need to be signed-up or even signed-in to see the social media pages. So that entire point is moot.

The cloaks are not a necessity to progress in the game you pay to play, they are a fun, nice to have item. And in order to have them, there are rules to the participation which were clearly stated for anyone who chose to participate. To complain about something which is optional and free is simply asinine. If you don't want to participate in their event with their rules, then don't. Rules do not need to be bent or altered simply because you actively choose to not participate in an event where the rules on how to do so are clear.
  17. Evilary Well-Known Member

I just returned at the end of June. I did not realize this event was even going until around the middle of July. I hope like a few others that he shows up again with the opportunities for the first few cloaks. I have the most recent two and hope to get the rest.
    On another note, for anyone coming back. Pay attention to the chat and then look up something unfamiliar. If I had paid attention sooner, I would have had at least two other of the cloaks.
  18. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I think that the following week after the last cloak Ratscallion should reappear every day with a different cloak for those who missed the event :)
    Kattt and Ashlie like this.
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Or they could wait next year for Summer Jubilee to happen again and run it then. There is an achievement tied to getting all 7 cloaks, just as there are achievements tied to specific holiday events. I don't think it's unreasonable for players to wait another year.
    Kattt, Alyndrys and BaldNinja like this.
  20. BaldNinja Member

Agreed. Just like all seasonal type events, there's always next year :)
    Kattt likes this.