The Great Cloak Caper has started --location inside!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kattt, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Kattt Well-Known Member

CLOAK #1

This is about the first cloak and first location-- Cloak of the Meanderer:

Hurry because you have until tomorrow only to get this first one. (Now as of 6/17, ended.)

This data is good for all servers.

For those that might not have a Facebook account, I am posting here the information on the first npc sighting--first cloak. (Posted with permission.) Ratscallion has appeared in Rivervale, and here is the facebook post:

-----------------------------------------------------------

"A heroic traveler was just overheard in Rivervale claiming to have come across a sketchy Ratscallion Attamilgad, the Unscrupulous looking lost and begging for assistance and food. Please get the cloak back before they disappear at 12:00pm (noon) PDT on 6/16!

NOTE: Special rule servers will need to earn the cloaks on the live or test servers, then purchase them on their home server."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Below is the location of the first npc you must visit to get your free cloak. You talk to him to get the cloak and an account wide flag, so you don't need to visit him on all toons. He will only give one free, so I recommend you send your toon with the lowest amount of status. Any additional cloaks on any toon for that account will cost you 10k status, and 10 gold.

Ratscallion's location for cloak #1-- Rivervale /way -841, 6 , -181

For follow up cloaks on any toon for that account, you can go to the merchant in either Qeynos or Freeport. (You can also peak at the other cloaks.) ;)
    The npc is also called Ratscallion Attamilgad and you can either ask a guard where he is, or use these waypoints:

/way -286.78, -56.07, 114.67 --Freeport
    /way 910.72, -25.37, 58.21 --Qeynos Harbor

That is all for now, if I or anyone else gets further info, this would be a good place to add.

Also note, each cloak not only is a different color, but each has an effect for your character. =)
    ~~This cloak is blue and has a blue aura effect called "Meandering Aura."

--------------------------------------------

I also just noticed there is a wiki page already up under the same title: The Great Cloak Caper

But hopefully anyone spotting info can paste here in a more real time way, in case it doesn't get posted to wiki fast enough. =)

New Note: I am estimating there are roughly 10 days between each cloak. This is my guess, not official info. See my detailed explanation further down this thread.

Additional note, as per Angeliana 6/28: The merchant that has the subsequent cloaks in Qeynos and Freeport will be a permanent merchant. =) Again, each one is only buyable if you got the original free handout from the roaming npc.
  2. Kattt Well-Known Member

CLOAK #2

This is about the second cloak and second location--Cloak of the Compendious:

Here is the Twitter post:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Intel was received from Pillars of Flame that Ratscallion was spotted in the area. Please get the cloak back before they disappear at 6:00am PDT on 6/26!

Ratscallion is located in Pillars of Flame at:
    /way 1455.82, -102.08, -1218.67

The new cloak is purple, and the effect is lightning.:cool:

Happy Hunting! =)
    Rkulaa and Feara like this.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

The first cloak is really pretty. I got it on all my active accounts.
    Feara likes this.
  4. Kattt Well-Known Member

New location above. =) 2nd cloak

Every new cloak will be posted below on this first page, in reserved posts, as they come out.

Important Note:

There is an achievement for these cloaks:

In game, find it here (under General) -
    \aACH 2638048853:Cloaks of Norrathian Upper-Crusters\/a
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

Your awesome Kattt, thank you.
    Kattt likes this.
  6. Kattt Well-Known Member

CLOAK #3

This is about the third cloak and third location--Cloak of the Lithesome:

Here is the Instagram post:

Rumor has it that Ratscallion Attamilgad, the Unscrupulous was following adventurers around the Barren Sky asking for a ride into town. Please get the cloak back before they disappear at 5:00pm PDT on 7/2!

Ratscallion is located in Barren sky at:
    /way -320, 297, 700
    ~~~~Take the Cloud Travel to Isle of Awakening, then Take secondary Cloud Travel to Isle of Eaglewatch.

The new cloak is green, and the effect is "Lithesome Presence," which is basically green glowing circles (like an orbit.) :D

Special thanks to smallcorners for adding an update to this thread today while I was away from game. Apologies for being a few hours later, it was a migraine day. But I am so glad that this thread was able to get an update.
    Thanks smallcorners! =)
  7. Kattt Well-Known Member

CLOAK #4

This is about the FOURTH cloak and FOURTH location--Cloak of the Eccentric:

Here is the 7/14 Instagram post:

The Lesser Faydark patrol has passed on that Ratscallion was reported to them for acting shady and suspicious. Please get the cloak back before they disappear at 10:00am PDT on 7/16!

Ratscallion is located in Lesser Faydark at:
    /way -454, -55, -152

Take in zone horse travel to Lower Grove, (you will need to jump off horse by hitting spacebar.) There are level 50+ mobs in the area. Ratscallion is standing in between a giant vine and a boulder, a bit obscured. There are no mobs right next to him, but they are not too far so don't wander. I did just fine on a level 36 character as I stuck close to him.

The new cloak is blue and is called the Cloak of the Eccentric, and the effect is "Eccentric Energy," which is basically a swirling of air coming up from feet."

Special thanks to Ashlie from Skyfire for sending me the location information. :)
  8. Kattt Well-Known Member

CLOAK #5

This is about the FIFTH cloak and FIFTH location--Cloak of the Fervorous:

Here is the 7/19 Facebook Post:

When asked where they obtained a fine new cloak, a wanderer stated it was from Ratscallion Attamilgad, the Unscrupulous in The Stonebrunt Highlands. Please get the cloak back before they disappear at 8:00pm PDT on 7/21!

( NOTE: Despite the bait and switch, or misdirection, as it were, Ratscallion is/was NOT in Stonebrunt. They gave us a belated beastr egg hunt of sorts.
    Turns out it was a facebook post error, not intended mystery. :p The image gave us one clue. On the Facebook post, the person in the animated image wearing the cloak, was standing not far from the lava spewing dragon head in Jarsath Wastes. Upon circling Stonebrunt endlessly to no avail, many of us started to realize that image meant something! The scoundrels were having fun with us again! LOL ) :cool:
    Ok...so was error...but was still a fun little mystery.

Ratscallion is located in Jarsath Wastes at:
    /way -782.48, 256.07, 1276.50

Mobs in the area are mid 80's and many triple ups as well. Here is the way to get to him, for both higher level (and those who can fly,) and lower level:

For those who can fly:
    Go to Jarsath Wastes via the Druid Ring. Simply fly to his location inside a nearby cave which is located just south of the Chelsith Ancient Vault entrance. (You can fly in the cave as well.)

For those who cannot fly:
    This is a little trickier, but definitely doable, if you are careful. You can take the druid ring to Jarsath also. If you cannot fly, you will need to skirt mobs, and cross the lava river as well. There is a closer path/bridge (then what I list below) to the other side, but it is guarded on both sides by heroic mobs. There is only one other way, which requires going around a bit as follows:
    When you land in Jarsath, there is a sandy pathway just a little to the west of the ring. Try to follow that somewhat closely as it has less mobs. There are a few that path near or across it, but if you time things carefully, it is doable. Follow that path south all the way to the end of the lava river, and there is a place you can cross the lava here: /way -1246.04, 223.12, 1438.53
    I was spotted by a couple/few mobs, and just kept running. I recommend you use run speed enhancers like totems, or the Sprint move to get away, as I did. I did not die at all though. :D
    Follow that lava river all the way (you will need to run over the dragon head) to the start of the path that leads into the cave. I was able to run over some mountain/rock to get to it pretty easy after I crossed lava river. Again, skirt along edges and dodge out of path of mobs to get to it. The path to cave begins here: /way -913.25, 277.25, 1161.72
    If you made it that far, you should be home free. ;) Follow that path into the cave to Ratscallion here:
    /way -782.48, 256.07, 1276.50
    I did this on my level 32 character and ran there and did not fly. So it can be done.

But if you are low level, I recommend you ask in general chat, or a friend, to just COV you there, or use their guild flag. But if you want the challenge and fun, this way can be done. :D

The new cloak is orange/lava colored and is called the Cloak of the Fervorous, and the effect is "Fervorous Aura," which is basically a glowing orange aura, with bits of flame and smoke rising up from you.

Special thanks to Grandavi from Skyfire for sharing the location information with everyone. Additionally, Congratulations to Grandavi for getting the worldwide discovery! (Darn, I even went to Jarsath on a hunch, and was not far behind you, but did not search far enough!) Bravo and smart thinking! :)

One last note....Ratscallion IS trackable!
    Rkulaa, Jinksie and Feara like this.
  9. Kattt Well-Known Member

CLOAK #6

This is about the SIXTH cloak and SIXTH location--Cloak of the Vivacious:

Here is the 7/27 Twitter/X Post:

Ratscallion has made their way to Stonebrunt Highlands, aimlessly wandering about. Please get the cloak back before they disappear at 8:00am PDT on 7/29!

Ratscallion is located in Stonebrunt Highlands at:
    /way 497.26, 329.58, 535.39

You can get there via the spire and just fly west. If low level, I recommend you fly over or get a friend to help. It is VERY hard to get to the npc without getting pummeled. Many of us are always happy to COV people. ;)

Mobs in the area are upper 80's and lower 90's. It is in one of the panda villages, and most of the panda's are peaceful/non-aggro. But there are 92 triple up heroic panda guards at the bamboo bridge that enters the village, and ones that roam also.

The new cloak is purple colored (yay, my fav color) and is called the Cloak of the Vivacious, and the effect is "Vivacious Sparkles," which is basically an explosion of colorful sparkles consistently above your head, sort of similar to the fireworks explosions in game.

Big thanks to everyone for keeping this thread updated today while I was away for chunk of day not feeling well. Thanks especially to Angeliana and Schmetterling for the initial nudge and tips this morning. :)
    Feara likes this.
  10. Kattt Well-Known Member

CLOAK #7

This is about the final SEVENTH cloak and SEVENTH location--Cloak of the Imperceptible:

Three Important Notes:

1) This is the FINAL cloak of all 7 cloaks.
    2) If you get this and have gotten the others, you will get this achievement:
    In game, find it here (under General) -
    \aACH 2638048853:Cloaks of Norrathian Upper-Crusters\/a
    3) If you need any information on the cloaks, their links, the achievement link, etc. there is also a wiki page about them and with all relevant info. It is also called, "The Great Cloak Caper." Just adding that here for when this post is unpinned and people want to find relevant info at a later date.

Here is the 8/2 Instagram Post:

Ratscallion Attamilgad, the Unscrupulous has only one cloak left, intel states they are in Cobalt Scar looking even more shifty than ever! Please get the cloak back before they disappear at 6:00pm PDT on 8/4!

Ratscallion is located in Cobalt Scar at:
    /way 3567.89, -1013.56, 1502.23

You can get there three ways. The best way to get there, is use "a Mischievous Castle," and then run north and slightly east to Ratscallion. This castle item ( \aITEM -527780980 1981247776:a Mischievous Castle\/a ) can often be found in most people's guild halls, some travel/portal houses, and rare occasions on the broker. It takes you right near the "Anchorage" TS zone. Our ratty friend can be found not far away, and the surrounding area is pretty safe as its mostly cobalt scar camps/tradeskill camps and friendlies, non-aggro-deer, etc. I ran to him on a level 36 mentored to 20 illusionist who had NO issue whatsoever. You only have to watch out for the occasional level 98 aggro bear (not very close,) or the "shadowy stags" (they look all black and shadowy) but the stags just activate when you are near, and scale to your level. When you reach Ratty, just try not to go south of him as the stags are close by. I had no problems getting there on lowby, and barely even needed to skirt.
    The second way to get there is fast travel. Be forewarned though, this lands you VERY far north of the npc, and you will need to fly a LONG way south to get to him, or run VERY far and skirt a lot more aggro mobs. There is also a gryphon system there, but don't know where one might be near fast travel landing, but there is one fairly close to the npc.
    The third way is COV to a friend, or use a set down guild flag.
    I recommend the first way....its VERY easy. I believe all the cloudrat travel dojos listed on the housing leaderboards might have a castle there to use.

The new cloak is yellow and is called the Cloak of the Imperceptible, and the effect is "Imperceptible Field," which is basically a large bubble of wavy wisps/vapors of glowing yellow that surrounds your character. It's pretty cool, I must say.

Big thanks to everyone for keeping this thread updated today while I was away for couple of hours this evening, not feeling well again. Thanks especially to Angeliana and Ouka/Cusashorn for the initial nudge and tips this evening.
    Many thanks to EVERYONE who updated and added helpful information to this thread. I couldn't have done it all without you, and those in game and on discord for keeping watch and passing on info as soon as it was received! This was a GREAT community effort, and makes me smile when we come together to help each other and have fun!

A final big thanks for the mystery, challenge, and cool cloaks... to the creators and all the devs for doing this event for us. It was fun! And especially to Angeliana for always striving to be helpful, communicative, and even giving us winks and nudges throughout. :D

It was lots of fun all, and here's to hoping anyone that missed any, can still get the achievement next year. I will be crossing my fingers for you.

Cheers and Happy August all! :)

That's all for me, peace, out.
    GrunEQ, Daryx and Feara like this.
  11. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The end date for the second drop was off, it should be 6/26. (It has been Tweeted again with the wrong tweet removed). Sorry for the confusion!
    Twyla, Kattt and Feara like this.
  12. Kattt Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know right away. =) I fixed my post and will fix wiki.
    Feara and Angeliana like this.
  13. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Do we know if can get the cloak on Alts after the dates if you have it on your main. Meaning will the NPC allow you to buy cloaks after the cloak event is finished?
  14. Feara Well-Known Member

Ichoris see Angeliana's comment below. The rest can be found in the main thread.

I am not going to say the event will never run again, it is just not planned to re-run directly after this maiden run is over.

So I'm thinking we getter done or we lose. I don't think that Rat NPC will be sticking around after they all roll out.
    Kattt likes this.
  15. Kattt Well-Known Member

I actually sent a message to Angeliana asking how long the vendor will stay in the cities, and I am waiting to hear back. Will post here when I do find out. :)
    As per Angeliana below, the cloak vendor for subsequent cloaks is permanent.
    Schmetterling and Feara like this.
  16. Kattt Well-Known Member

New Note: People have been asking how long between each cloak. I have come up with my own guesstimate. This is not as per DB or dev...this is my educated guess based on data. So don't hold me to this. ;)

So, based on the length of the summer events (Jubilee and Tinkerfest, Scorched, and Oceansfull,) as well as the amount of cloaks, I am estimating roughly ten days between each cloak. (But that could be a span of 8-12 days too.) Also, my estimate is based on the time between the last two (it was 10 days.) I will know for sure after the next one, and update here. But best to start checking this thread and/or your three social medias between 7-12 days after the last, to be safe.

Either way, I am checking every day to be safe. I am posting info here immediately when I get it. So when it does pop, look to see the info here within an hour or two of it spawning. (Barring if I get ill or anything.) But that's where others posting here if I have not yet, would come in handy.

I will update this later with my confirmation. Hope that helps.

(P.S....I am also figuring the next location post [#3] will be on Instagram.)
    Jinksie and Feara like this.
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

Even with Cloak 1 being the 14th and Cloak 2 being the 24th, I doubt the next one will be at the 10 day timer, since that would make it July 4th. It's possible, but it's unlikely they'd want to risk having to log in if something went wrong with the automated push for it.

Edit: Though I will note, if it *was* every 10 days, that would put the last cloak around August 13th, which is theoretically right before the next GU launch, and the start of expac warm up/preludes/Gear Up, Level Up/etc.
  18. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

He will be permanent. You will be able to buy the cloaks on your alts anytime, as long as you found him in the wild for the first cloak of that color and received the account flag for it.
  19. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Thank you Angeliana for the information. That is good news,
    Kattt and Angeliana like this.
  20. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

You're welcome.
    Kattt likes this.