the fix details - pics of the spell changes

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Fennir, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Evolution890 Guest

These changes look perfect. Grizzfazzle bow should be around 107 damage rating so ranger bow melee will go up significantly. Focus aim is such a beautiful spell thats always over looked. I have focus aim m1 and that combined with whatever haste we get from group and honed reflexes killer instinct its possible to get 4 melee arrows off that hit for very nice numbers. At 68 using grizzfazzle and new summoned arrows i hit for 1200-1900 non crit. Thats only 80.9 rating.

Just need them to make our reclaimed arrows (adamantite) lvl 60 rather then 50 :smileymad:

Yea at raids the other night our assasin was doing around 1100 on non ae'ing mobs where i would max out at 800 or so. But throw an ae in and they drop to 600.

Just wait to see how these work out, if they arent enough im sure you will all come back here and nag till they upgrade more, so no worries.
  2. ARCHIVED-Balerius Guest

Personally, I don't share the enthusiasm that some of you for these changes nor do I believe they will even come close to balancing us with respect to assassins.
    These changes appear to be focused almost exclusively at the soloing ranger. I see nothing in them that will materially change our dps in groups and especially raids when compared to our assassin bretheren. The difference in dps between rangers and assassins on raids is currently huge. Generally on raids the assassins out-dps rangers by between 50% and 100%. It isn't even close. Looking at these "fixes", that isn't going to change much. In fact, unless something changes significantly, the amount by which assassins out-dps rangers will continue to grow with every addidtional AA that assassins get.
    Now don't get me wrong, for those rangers who like to solo, I'm happy for you. But I sure hope that there is more to come in the way of changes to our CAs that is going to make up for the current gross disparity in dps between rangers and assassins.
  3. ARCHIVED-Evolution890 Guest

What raids are you doing where your assasin is 100% more dps then you.

The only change thats being made that really applies more to soloing is the root.
  4. ARCHIVED-Carnagh Guest

While these changes are nice for solo I personally don't think they're going to get you even close to an Assassin in raid or group. We'll have to wait and see I suppose. There's fundamental problems with Ranger dps in best case situations, and I don't see anything fundamental being changed here.
    I was expecting to hear your CAs had been raised by 15% across the board or something; which is what I think is missing. I think you're t2 at the moment... no you aren't t3, a crap ranger puts out crap damage in the same way a crap Rogue does.... and I figure that warrants a 15% boost at least. Actually I think it should be more like 20% across the board.
    *shrug* The changes may prove things different, and there may well be more changes to come, this may be the first batch. I still think we're looking at a butt load of Rangers betraying to Assassin first chance they get.
  5. ARCHIVED-Garlicyesterday Guest

the aim line spell change is awesome guys , 48% chance to crit is a lot , yes 10seconds is not long but recast only 1min

add that 48% chance to your aa , your guaranteed to crit or almost , hell at rank4 ranged crit atm , i land criticals pretty [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] often , every 2-3shots ...

Come on lets land a critical sniper with that buff on :smileyvery-happy: , highest is 10k crit on sniper atm , cant wait to test)
  6. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Carnagh you're right and we'll have to wait and see. The one part that doesn't show in the changes listed here is the increase in ranged auto attack damage. They said that was being increase about 33% which will add to these changes also. Especially if they fix arrows to the appropriate teirs.
    Right now Adamantine and Indium arrows do the same damage since both are listed as L50 ammo and grey out at L65. Fixing Adamantine arrows to be L60 ammo like they should be will increase their damage and help also.
  7. ARCHIVED-Avendelfin Guest

From what I've been experiencing, my raid DPS isnt the issue I still do good damage (not as good as the conj's now though!) but I am satisified with that, and these new changes look like they will help soloing the most, with some added damage for groups and raids. Soloing was the area I was having a big problem, so with the dmg + root and the increased damage overall, I really get a good feeling that these changes will allow me to solo with my bow regularly now against somewhat decent mobs...we will see when it goes live but I am really optimistic at this point.
  8. ARCHIVED-Balerius Guest

Look at the damage on assassin CAs.
    Look at the cast time on their CAs.
    Look at the recast timers on their CAs.
    Consider that assassins get the same AAs that we get.
    Then try to tell me that a 33% increase to bow autoattack damage and a change to a 10 second buff will make up the difference.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kai'va Arroska Guest

Couldn't agree more. I don't need to be a 'DPS God' I just want to be viable again. Looking forward to these changes. Thanks for the updates Fennir.
  10. ARCHIVED-CrimsonValerian Guest

Far as i can see you guys have shorter recast timers on your big bombs, if you have a chance to hit a crit for 10k every 60 seconds wth? our big bomb is on a 15 minute timer for 7k with good strength buffs, even with concealment we have to wait for our bigger back stabs to be up to be used on a 7 second timer with max damage of 900 per hit round about on a successful hit, so without assassinate being up, we might be able to do around 3-4k damage 5k if our other big hit is up every i think 60 seconds, plus we have to wait on the recast timers of these back hits combined with waiting for concealment to be up. Everything i'm seeing is going to raise the ranger up above assassins when we should be compareable, i guess i'll wait another 7 updates before they realize there's 2 predator classes.
  11. ARCHIVED-dubbs Guest

Let me get this right, you are crying for a fix to correct a problem that isn't even present? A little premature don't you think?
    And our Sniper Shot is on a 15 min timer, just like your Assassinate. Oh and guess what, Sniper's doesn't get upgraded, like Assassinate does, ever. And for alot of Assassins it is a perfectly viable option to take the STR AA line, thereby reducing it to a 7.5 min recast.
    You crying that we are overpowered, when Assassins are currently doing more dps just makes you look foolish.
  12. ARCHIVED-hieronymus Guest

10k every 60 seconds? i wish. unless they changed sniper fire from the long recast time but i very much doubt that.
  13. ARCHIVED-CrimsonValerian Guest

This is the proposed fix not the way your broke azz is now, i didnt say you were overpowered now, now that this is clear...why shouldn't i ask for both the predator classes to be compareable? Not going to defend my position as far as what rangers are now, only to say i dont agree with what they did, if thats claiming your overpowered atm, then you're the fool.
    On the other hand here's a question, if the recast timer for assassinate can be lowered to 7.5 minutes, is this also true for sniper shot? If so ....well.....then ..... i don't know of any ranger that's not going to jump for that.
  14. ARCHIVED-SwissArmyShoe Guest

Anyone know if the dam increase/recast changes are for all the CA's in the lines or just the CA's that where stated?
    My Ranger is only lvl 26 atm and it would be nice to know I will be getting some love :smileytongue:
  15. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

you do now .. i wouldnt bother with that ..i can do more than 10K damage in 7.5 min with other AA's i am sure... worry about how these changes ballance out with Asassins when they are actually live.

Sony collects a vast amount of data, they noted from that data that Ranger CA's arent up there with Assassin CA's. They made a few tweaks. I would expect the few tweaks were calculated to put the Ranger numbers in the same area as assassin numbers.. and probably compared a little to the other T1 DPS classes.. they have the real correct data and know how much needs to be changed.
  16. ARCHIVED-Karvar Guest

to me this looks like a first step .....

I am not supper impressed with the changes, but to me it looks like the dev are looking at a slow inch the class up staged approch...

more of a lets do these things ... wait watch ... add a little more ... little more ... ok there we are ... they back in T1 ....

that is what i get out of this .. it is a first step in a series so that they do not go over the top again in one jump ... but approach the target slowly and carefully ... you know they got to be tired this also and just want to get it fixed once and for all so they can move on to other things...

So i suggest we say thank you for the changes ... we will work with them ... provide feedback to the dev so they can do the next round in this process to get us back to Tier 1

Karvar Blackhawk

65 ranger

Message Edited by Karvar on 03-08-200605:42 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-dubbs Guest

This is indeed NOT the proposed change, please do a little reasearch before you make assumptions. The Focus Fire line (a 10 sec attack buff) is having its re-use timer reduced from 5 mins to 1 min. That is the what's changing. And yes, the final AA ability of the STR line allows any CA with a 2 min or greater reuse timer to be reduced by 50% while increasing the damage by 10%. The problem here is that every other ability in the line is specifically suited for melee combat (read Assassin) as opposed to ranged (Ranger).
    As for being comparable between predator classes, currently you have the slight edge, and these minor changes are hopefully designed to level things out. You are already crying that Rangers are going to be far and away superior to Assassins.
    Message Edited by dubbs on 03-08-200606:32 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Gareorn Guest

A. The tweaks being made to Rangers are designed to make both classes comparable.
    B. This is the wrong forum to discuss Assassin issues.
  19. ARCHIVED-Racmoor Guest

----------------------------------------------------------------
    On the other hand here's a question, if the recast timer for assassinate can be lowered to 7.5 minutes, is this also true for sniper shot? If so ....well.....then ..... i don't know of any ranger that's not going to jump for that.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not. Guess you don't know as much about rangers as you think.
    Tobi
    50 Ranger
  20. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Oh I'm grateful for these changes. I just would have hoped for a couple more seconds on the root.