the fix details - pics of the spell changes

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Fennir, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Money Maker Guest

Thanks for the info Tobias, great sig btw.
    Im glad to see that SOMETHING is being done, but honestly, Im not all that impressed. I do like to see the Focus Fire change, but I would like to have seen an across the board increase to all CAs. I cant remember the last time I used Trick Arrow. I dont solo, mostly raid/group, so the root doesnt do much for me.
    Also, its great to see an increase with auto attack damage, but I use too many arrows for 35-45 every 10 min to be enough and using costly grey lvl 50 arrows will be that much more of a drop in DPS. IMO, increasing number of makeshift arrows is a priority.
    Somehow I still see rogues and brawlers out dpsing me.
  2. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Your free summoned arrows will be grey after L65 and do no more damage then those expensive Indium arrows you have to buy. Both are rated as L50 ammo and will do the same damage. They do do more damage then the Fulginates which I believe are rated as L40 ammo.
    Dev's really need to fix Adamantine arrows to be L60 ammo.
    They also need to add them to the KoS vendors so other scouts and fighters can buy them.
  3. ARCHIVED-z3oslo Guest

Fennir wrote
    Sorry, z3oslo, it may sound like it should work the way you think, but that would not be in-line with the way spells in EQ2 work.

Read our Instinct line and our current Focus Fire line. The open up your persona window and apply the buffs. They are added together. Just like this will be.

Prepare to be shocked.
    Oh i hope i will be shocked, nothing would please me more, but can anyone verify this yet?
  4. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

I use every shot I have in raids and groups and still end up having to melee waiting for my shots to come back up. Why wouldn't you use your trick arrow? It's damage.

I'm not seeing Rogues and Brawlers out DPSing me now.......

I'd like to see a few parses please.
  5. ARCHIVED-Stormhawk Guest

You are looking at it the wrong way. The change to Focus Fire *is* an across the board DPS change. You can pack the vast majority of attacks into that 10 seconds, basically resulting in a ~25% overall CA damage increase excluding crit AAs. This is under the assumption that crits are 150% damage, I personally don't remember the modifier off-hand. Your CAs that you would use in between bursts received a damage increase making maintaining the burst DPS easier. You just have to work on your timing.

We may need additional work, but this is a very good start.
  6. ARCHIVED-BSbongo Guest

i tested this the other night. whoever was standing closer had aggro. dont use this root spell in a group
    bongo
  7. ARCHIVED-dubbs Guest

isn't the tank standing close to the mob? maybe tell him to take a step closer if it's whoever is closest to mob.
  8. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

It's not simply "whoever's closest". It's "the mob attacks the person highest on his hate list, who is in reach of his attacks." If highest-on-the-hate-list is still in melee range, the mob won't switch to someone else who's 0.1 meters closer just because he's been rooted.
  9. ARCHIVED-Money Maker Guest

I cant post any parses because it wasnt me performing them, but it was based on 67^^^ in scaleborn and a court of aa guild status raid. not every fight mind you, but more than half. Wish I could post the 1k+ parses of the conjurer fire pet...
    but I wasnt using trick arrow because screwing with hate can often mean death to either myself or to a guildy. I dont remember the hate gain of trick arrow, but rule #1 for dps in raids is dont steal aggro from MT. I use hate reduction, not hate increasers. in groups i could see it being used because mobs die so quick.
  10. ARCHIVED-AfflictedOne Guest

Crits are a 30% damage increase.
  11. ARCHIVED-Stormhawk Guest

So roughly a 15% total increase during the salvo, still a respectable increase.
    Message Edited by Stormhawk on 03-10-200607:04 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Infinity0 Guest

These new changes are useless, is it that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing hard SOE???? Increase all dps of CA's by 25-35% and add a root or stun that lasts more than 6 secounds. There the dam problem is now solved, is it that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing hard?
    Message Edited by Infinity0 on 03-10-200610:55 PM
    Message Edited by Infinity0 on 03-10-200610:56 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-jagermiester Guest

With the aas we are getting this is a good start. Obviously we will never be the dps machines we were pre lu 20 but we are still a killer class played right. Honestly if you cant out dps an assasin its time to spend that plat on some friggen masters and not your newest 5 room mansion in s quenos in my honest opinion. You need to mix up you damage now. Get back position run in and drop a damage+stealth attack foloww this up with a high damage melee attack bounce back out drop a hate reducer/stealth and drop a flank/stealth attack. It takes brains to dps now not just mashing the keys. If you dont like it could i sugest WoW? I mean hell you see what they are trying to do if its still not up to scale im sure we will get a lil boost come lu 22. They are fixing the dps issue. It is evident. Didnt any of you play before LU 13? My templar was a better soloer.
    Message Edited by jagermiester on 03-11-200604:59 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Balerius Guest

Assassins get masters too bud.
    Currently we can't keep up with assassin dps. Most of us know it. The Devs know it. If you don't see it, perhaps you just play with crappy assassins if you are regularly out-dpsing them.
    Personally, I doubt that these fixes in the test update will even come close to correcting the dps disparity with assassins. We need a significant boost to the damage from all of our CAs and/or a decrease in their casting and recasting times in order to match assassin dps. Giving us an increased crit chance to bow attacks for 10 seconds and a 33% increase to bow autoattack damage isn't going to make that big of a difference.
    As important, in my opinion, is that the disparity with assassins will only grow as they and we apply our AAs. Assassins who want to maximize their dps have the option of choosing the Str and Int lines. Together, these skills are complementary...they are melee based. Rangers, on the other hand, will essentially be forced to go the Agi line (given the pending changes on test pushing us to ranged combat). Unfortunately, our options for dps after the Agi line both force us into melee combat...away from the strengths SoE is pushing in the test update. A "fix" to this would be for SoE to make the Int line work with ranged attack instead of only on melee attack.
    I'll wait and see what LU 21 does. But quite frankly, I don't expect much from these proposed changes and I hope SoE will make additional changes as needed.
  15. ARCHIVED-Steezity Guest

In my experiences, assassins get a ton more masters than rangers... I almost never see ours, while assassin's seem to be the new zerkers or defilers...(getting tons)
    *edit (notta askin for change just saying ive noticed this in my xperiences)
    Message Edited by Steezity on 03-12-200603:04 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-z3oslo Guest

Rangers, on the other hand, will essentially be forced to go the Agi line (given the pending changes on test pushing us to ranged combat). Unfortunately, our options for dps after the Agi line both force us into melee combat...away from the strengths SoE is pushing in the test update. A "fix" to this would be for SoE to make the Int line work with ranged attack instead of only on melee attack
    :smileysurprised:
    Are you saying that the int proc at the end of the int line is not working with ranged? If so we will be waaaaaay behind assasins when it comes to DPS (they also get dam increase off the rings, and we do not)
  17. ARCHIVED-Cronon Guest

That's funny. It's the first shot I start out with during raids. I've only pulled agro once since we were ahem "nerfed" and that was last night's raid against Sunchild, who is tought to hold agro on in the first place. The conjurer's pet was about 200dps above me 700 or so, and I was nailing around 550.

However, I grouped with a swashie on Friday in Nest and he was the same level as me. He was laying waste to me. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 750 while I was doing 450. When I mentioned the disparity (and I have all masters and A3's at this point), they said they don't have any group buffs either and that Swashie's should be in T1 as well. I'm pretty ignorant of the Swashie, but something doesn't smell right. Why haven't they been mentioned. Everyone seems to focus on casters.

Not looking for a nerf of swashie's. I'm just asking the question. Has anyone else noticed being outDPSed by Swashie? That shouldn't be happening if we are close in terms of LEQoS (level, equipment, quality of spell), should it?
  18. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

I wouldn't stray into the 'nerf rogues' territory (that's not me), but I will say that any swashbuckler who thinks they should be T1 DPS because "they don't have any group buffs" is probably a moron. Swashy utility doesn't come from group buffs.

The utility they DO have, can make or break a raid or group. The only debuffers who come close to rogues are healers, and they're usually too pre-occupied during big pulls to land debuffs as fast as possible.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dirtgirl Guest

Shhhhh, keep our fellow scout numbers on the DL. :smileywink: Don't want SOE hammering any more of my friends.
    I will just say that there are many classes right now that are doing T1 DPS, or can be if played correctly. Are they the classes that SOE says should be T1?
    Not really. I gave up believing in the DPS tiers long ago.
  20. ARCHIVED-Carnagh Guest

The meaningful comparison currently is between a Swashbuckler and and Assassins.
    There are Rangers reporting being out dpsed by a broad swathe of classes because currently they have issues... so I'm not sure what the special case here with a Swashbuckler is.
    And, we've no idea if you suck or not. Lots of really badly played toons were able to hide behind a stelar dps output on the Ranger pre-nerf and now their dps is in the sewer while some of their peers are reporting significantly better dps. I figure there's a better than evens chance this is so in this case as I maintain Ranger meleeing alone produces damage output just shy of a Swashbuckler.
    In short... have any Swashbucklers been out dpsing Rangers at the moment?... yes... what rock have you been under?