the fix details - pics of the spell changes

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Fennir, Mar 6, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

Ranger changes:
    - Leg Shot had its damage increased and no longer has a double chance to dispel when taking damage.
    - Bleeding Cut's DoT damage has increased.
    - Steady Aim's reuse timer has been reduced, and it now increases ranged critical hit chances.
    - Trick Shot had its casting time reduced and damage increased.
    - Rip had its damage increased.
    - Miracle Shot had its damage increased.
    - Lunge was changed from a DoT to a combination melee attack + very short duration root.
    Message Edited by Fennir on 03-07-200603:51 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

These were taken at 25 STR on test and 34 STR on live to try to get comparable screenshots.
    before:
    [IMG]

after:
    [IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Wow really disapointed that triple fire didnt get a boost, thats out bread and butter spell and well it looks pretty pathetic at 70 :(
    Message Edited by valleyboy1 on 03-07-200601:07 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Melaxus Guest

duration 4 seconds
  5. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

2 ranged attacks in 4 seconds?
  6. ARCHIVED-Radgen Guest

Sure, if you pick the right ones. They never said we would be able to get off ANY 2 CA's
  7. ARCHIVED-Azzazal Guest

I cant see this as a vast improvement to get us into decent dps again, Has any test ranger parsed this? Not impressed.
    Perhaps if a dev actually bothed to play a ranger at all levels instead of pissing around PVP balancing we may get our true proc status back.

Azza
    rangering since Kunark in eq1.
    "not buying an 8 patch "omg we left in procs by mistake""
  8. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

I tend to agree, the two skills that ranger use the most are imho precise shot and triple shot, both of which are vastly underpowered at lvl 70 in comparison to the other t1 classes.

Check out the lvl 65 fusion spell that wizzys get, and then look at Rain of Arrows. It's the same with Ice Nova when you compare it to Triple Volley, the base damage simply isnt there. We can play around with stuns, roots, everything but at the end of the day if the base damage of our main attacks arnt upto speed then we will be lagging behind.
  9. ARCHIVED-Stigchel Guest

you're not seeing the bigger picture. It's actually quite brilliant. These changes will defenitely not put us back where we were, but they will make us just that tiny bit more effective. Not alot, but just enough. The added root ability is a small blessing. Now you can fire off your ranged, let the mob get to you, step in, lunge and if it isn't dead yet, you can stand back and let a few more ranged ca's rip. it will take a little practise, but thats'ok.
    Now, combine this with the rather exciting achievement options you get in the agility and intelligence lines and the ranger is well on the way to becoming the god of damage again.
    Now that the bigger plan is becoming more and more appearant. Nerfzilla doesn't seem all that bad anymore. Here's hoping it turns out the way I think it will.
  10. ARCHIVED-ReynardTheFox Guest

These changes are a waste of time, like a lot of what the EQ2 dev team do.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bithnar Guest

I am diappointed that Triple shot line didnt get an increase. However, these may not been all the changes that are going to take place. These just may be what they have changed so far. 4 Second root isnt that great I wish it was 6 seconds (Also, notice its a 4 second root every 20 seconds). I like the increased critical chance on the steady aim thats a fantastic change IMHO.
    I hope they up the damage of ALL our CA's and not just the ones Fennir has posted. This is a great start please don't stop with just this.
  12. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

If you got off all your snares while the MoB was closing, those four seconds can give you a LOT of room to play in...
  13. ARCHIVED-Saihung23 Guest

So, what do you think Fennir? Did you play these changes on test?
    We need a ranger test guy posting his/her thoughts on ranger changes as they happen on test. That way we can be aware of them...
    Curious about first hand thoughts on these...
  14. ARCHIVED-Shaulin Dolamite Guest

Sure hope there is more to come : ( First off thought the minimum was a 6 sec root. In total DPS gained these changes wont even show im suspecting.
  15. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

4 seconds, wth.

Considering we have to be in melee range for that to go off, unless we're in the sweet spot when that happens (which won't be happening while soloing) we'll have to backpedal at least a couple of steps to get a ranged attack off. They don't seem to be taking that into consideration at all.
  16. ARCHIVED-Sirlutt Guest

underwhelmed is the word i am looking for here i think.

nice to get something, but I was expecting a little more.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

ahahahahah

the devs are giving us a 48% chance to crit for 10 seconds every minute, doubled the damage on one skill, upped damage on 4 or 5 others, added a root, eliminated half the break chance on our snare shot, and lowered the cast time on another attack.

less than a month after they broke us no less

and all i hear is disappointment and cries for more?

you guys are lame, sorry.
  18. ARCHIVED-Teksun Guest

/LMAO I agree with ya...
  19. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Agreed, you guys are whining way to much, these changes are awesome, Don't forget the 33% Boost to bow DPS.
    You guys need to stop thinking we will be uber gods and start being more reasonable.
  20. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

i mean COME ON WE ARE GOING TO GET A 50/50 SHOT TO CRIT SNIPER'S SHOT AND STEALTHY FIRE EVERY CAST

ahahahha this is gonna be great