The Conjuror FAQ (Updated October 18, 2010)

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Nov 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Xilnipus Guest

What about a section of the most effective AA setups (EoF and KoS) for different situations such as raiding, soloing etc... All in this FAQ for ease and convenience.
  2. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I figured an update is in order. Updated many things to be more relevant to the current state of the game.
  4. ARCHIVED-sinistarz Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Zeralin Guest

Thanks for that great Post. Just picked up EQ2 2 Days ago so my Conjurer is still little (lvl 14).
    Makes this even more helpfull for me :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Q. I just hit level 51 and didn't get my spell! What the heck is going on?

A. Spells level 51+ are no longer granted automatically, they have to be purchased either from your friendly sage, received as an adept1/master1 spell drop or purchased in Maj'Dul.

This one needs to be updated/changed/deleted
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Good catch. I'll make another pass at this FAQ in the near future.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

worth updating with what adorments to chase under the new system?
  9. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Updated. Feel free to contribute.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Q: When I use Possess Minion, why is the mage pet's WIS so high? How do I raise its INT?
    A: You can ignore this completely. The pet doesn't use its INT to determine anything besides its power pool. It uses YOUR INT stat to determine its damage output. Consequently this makes the INT portion of Antagonize mostly useless for the Mage pet.
  11. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

These two get asked all the time by Conjurors who return from the game at level 80 with their Mythical. So...

Q: What's the deal with the Mythical Pet?
    A: The Mythical pet is the reward for completing our Mythical epic quest series, ending with the final quest "The Final Domination of Phrotis". It is the pet that's summoned from the Mythical version of the Elemental Dominance weapon. The pet itself, an Elemental Manifestation, is essentially a Grandmastered Fiery Magician V. Like Fiery Magician V, it will scale up and down when you level, capping it's level at level 84. One major difference is that the Mythical Pet will NOT cast the raidwide buff "Fires from Within".
    Q: Which is better, the Mythical Pet, or Fiery Magician VI?
    A: The Mythical pet will do slightly more damage than Fiery Magician VI (Master), and will also do a lot more damage than Fiery Magician VI (Expert). However, this is dependent on whether you are level 85, or level 90, or somewhere between. At level 85, the Master Fiery Magician will only do slightly worse damage, but at 86 and beyond it will outclass the Mythical. Expert Fiery Magician will not surpass the Fiery Magician until level 90.
    However, keep in mind two things. The Mythical pet caps at level 84, whereas Fiery Magician VI scales all the way up to 90. This makes a major difference when determining hit rates, as things what will be white or yellow to you will be orange or red to the Mythical pet.
    Also, the Mythical pet does NOT cast the raidwide buff "Fires from Within", but Fiery Magician will.
    Finally, once you finish Epic Repercussions, you will lose all access to the Mythical pet. However, the buff you gain from Epic Repercussions, "Elemental Mastery", will make the Fiery Magician pet surpass the Mythical Pet once and for all, regardless of whether you have Expert or Master Fiery Magician.
    My advice is, once you have Fiery Magician VI (Expert), use it, and never summon the Mythical pet again.

Also:
    Q: How squishy is Fiery Magician compared to Earthen Avatar?
    A: Once upon a time, Fiery Magician was so squishy that breathing on it could kill it. Nowadays it's beefy enough that it can tank some Heroic monsters close to as good as the Earthen Avatar. It's still somewhat squishy though, so extra caution should be used if you're soloing hard-hitting heroics. Against your run-of-the-mill Solo mobs though, it's perfectly fine to let it take a few hits.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Q: Which spells do not upgrade?
    A: The following lower-level spells not upgrade at higher levels, so be sure to get these spells Mastered.
    • Shard of Essence (level 18)
    • Plane Shift (level 65)
    • Najena's Essence Summoning (level 73)
    Technically Call of the Hero does not upgrade, but it does not need to be upgraded either. And it goes without saying, all level 81 to 90 spells do not have higher level upgrades at this time.
  13. ARCHIVED-Arishkogol Guest

Just read through all of this. This is an AMAZINGLY helpful thread for newbie (soon to be awesome! heh) Conjureres. Many thanks for putting this together, Xal.