The Conjuror FAQ (Updated October 18, 2010)

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Nov 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Shortcut to this FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/conjurorfaq
    Conjuror FAQ

MUCH credit goes out to El Chupacabras for making his wonderful Necromancer FAQ, thus inspiring this FAQ. Words can't describe how useful his FAQ has been to the Necromancer community, and I only hope my Conjuror one is just as useful. In fact, a lot of the questions and answers are taken ver batim from his FAQ and used here, because his FAQ is that good.

In an effort to cut down on the number of repeated threads popping up on the boards, I've put together this frequently asked questions list. I certainly don't know everything about the class, so if you disagree with me, be sure to let me know!

The EverPresent EverQuest Comparison Question
    Q. I just came over from EQLive after playing the Mage class, and ...
    I know exactly what you're going to say, and I'm stopping you right there.

Repeat after me.

"This is not EQLive."

It's true, Conjurors of EQ2 and Magicians of EQ1 have a lot of similarities. But both classes, and indeed both games, are so radically different from each other that a comparison is impossible. And to say that one class is gimped over the other because "X" spell is missing doesn't hold water either.

Trust me, with this attitude, you'll be a lot happier.

Conjuror General Questions.

Q. Where can I get an accurate spell list?

A. See This Thread.

Q. What's the difference between our pets?

A. Probably the most asked question of them all by new Conjurors. We have four different pets we can cast: Earth (Fighter) pets, Fire (Mage) pets, Air (Scout) pets, and Water (Healer) pets.

Our Earth Pet, Earthen Avatar, is our bread and butter tank pet. It does one thing strong: take hits. With enough AA and defense-based gear, it can rival some players in tanking ability. It's got the lowest aggro generation and damage output of all pets, however, and is also vastly inferior to player tanks in this regard.
    Our Fire Pet, Fiery Magician, is our bread and butter mage pet, and our best DPS pet. It casts a wide variety of fire-based attack spells, both single target and AoE. At the top end of the game, it will deal about 50% or more of our total damage output. It also has sturdy defenses, and is all round an excellent pet for soloing easier mobs.
    Our Fire Pet, Aery Hunter, is a scout pet, designed to be the melee equivalent of the Fire Pet. It attacks by meleeing and using cold-based combat arts. It falls somewhere between the Fire and Earth pet in the damage spectrum, and at the high end is largely useless.
    The Water pet, Hydromancer, is only obtainable with spending achievement points. It basically acts like a super weak healer, with a couple nifty effects that help the rest of the group. Unfortunately, it's so weak you're basically better getting a healer to take your place, and switching to the Fire pet instead.

Q. What changed for Conjurors since the last time I played?

A. If you have to ask, you're pretty far out of the loop. I would advise logging back in, open your spell book, and sort by level (reverse). Most of the spells you use will be within the last 10-15 levels of you.

Q. What are our "fun" spells and where can I get them?

A. Our fun spells are: Illusion Fire Elemental (lvl 20), Illusion Water Elemental (lvl 30), Illusion Air Elemental (lvl 35), Illusion Earth Elemental (lvl 40), Group Illusion Air (lvl 45), and Group Illusion Earth (lvl 50). You can find them all on the Conjuror spell merchant in the South Qeynos Mage Tower.

Q. How do I start my Epic Quest?
    A. You need to be level 80 to start your epic quest. A complete walkthrough is available at the EQ2 Wiki. Once you acquire your epic weapon, you will also want to start the Epic Repercussions quest line to upgrade it, and acquire the Elemental Mastery buff.
    Q. What's the difference between a Conjuror and Necromancer?

A. There a few major differences between Conjurors and Necromancers.

First, Conjurors are vastly better at dealing AoE damage than Necromancers. While a Necromancer is more adept at taking down monsters one at a time, Conjurors are well known for charging head-first (with their pet of course) into a group of monsters and decimating them all at once. It truly is a sight to behold.

Second, Conjurors get more group-oriented buffs than Necromancers. We have the ability to grant group members a heat-based proc, damage-shield a group member, and sacrifice our pets to heal the group. Necromancers instead get health transfers, a resurrection spell (though not until late in the game), and several other utility and crowd control spells that we lack.

Third, Conjurers deal magic and elemental damage (fire mostly), while Necromancers are noxious based (Disease specifically). This isn't always important, though it is helpful when grouping with a sorcerer. Wizards are elemental based like Conjurors, so the two classes compliment each other quite well; likewise Warlocks are noxious based, which compliments Necromancers quite well.

Fourth, Conjurors are much more pet oriented than Necromancers. A majority of your abilities as a Conjuror center around your pet, whereas a Necromancer relies less on their pet.

Q. Whenever I cast the spell Aqueous Swarm or Roaring Flames, they all get killed before they do much damage... how can I maximize their effectiveness?

A. The fish and fiery pets can take very little damage. sometimes when a mob uses an ability that effects everything in front of it or around it, the pets get killed. The best way to cast this spell is go behind the mob and cast, the pets will stay in back and not take as much if any damage from the mob, leaving your tank to take the damage, you and the pets to do damage. The limited pets won't take damage from frontal AEs, but all-direction AEs will still eat it. The best way to use them is to time their casts between AEs going off, if you can.

Q. Are Conjurors mostly a solo class?

A. No. Forget any ideas about the class from certain other games. A conjuror with pet does not make him a solo only class. This is not to say we aren't a good solo class, we are probably one of the most efficient solo classes in the game, but those solo abilities are what translate into a fantastic groupmate as well. It's not like "certain other games" where the long duration DoT's of necromancers made them a detriment to a groups damage. Here, we have some of the fastest cast times and most consistant damage with outstanding group support... this makes us pretty close to ideal in all playstyles.

Q. Are Conjurors a fun class to play?

A. I've always enjoyed the class. There's no way of really telling how much you will enjoy it though; pet classes in this game are quite a bit different than any other games. You'll know by level 20 or so if a pet class is right for you. Just remember that Conjurors aren't big nukers like the Sorcerers; we cast lots of fast DoT's and quick but low-damage spells and spend an inordinate amount of time micromanaging everything. See what you think, it's a great class that has only gotten better the more the game's matured.

Q. Can I become a Conjuror in Freeport, Neriak, or Gorowyn?

A. Nope, unless you play on a PvP server. Conjuror is only available to the good cities, Qeynos, Kelethin, and New Halas. You will be killed on site with Freeport and Neriak (unless you are in the process of betraying), but Gorowyn residents are mostly indifferent so will tolerate your presence.

Q. What should I be spending most of my money on? Spells, equipment or a combination?

A. Spend every penny you can on upgrading your spells first, especially the ones you use the most. For Conjurors (and any mage really) our effectiveness is completely tied to our spells (especially pets, pet buffs and swarm spells). If you have to decide between upgrading your boots or upgrading a spell, the spell wins every time. I'm not saying save all your money for spells only... if you find a jeweler grinding out rings and things, pick them up; just don't concern yourself with keeping all your equipment "new". Don't be afraid to let your equipment /con grey, our AC gains really don't mean alot anyways... our spell power > all.
    Q. What rares do I need for my spells?
    A. Depends on the tier.
    Tier 1 (Levels 1-9): copper cluster
    Tier 2 (Levels 10-19): silver cluster
    Tier 3 (Levels 20-29): palladium cluster
    Tier 4 (Levels 30-39): ruthenium cluster
    Tier 5 (Levels 40-49): rhodium cluster
    Tier 6 (Levels 50-59): vanadium cluster
    Tier 7 (Levels 60-69): acrylia cluster
    Tier 8 (Levels 70-79): tynnonium cluster - Except Blazing Avatar II, it uses acrylia
    Tier 9 (Levels 80-90): kaborite cluster

Q. What stats should I be looking for in my armor upgrades?

A. For a more in-depth answer to this question, please read my guide, "How Do I Improve My DPS?" A Comprehensive Conjuror Guide.
    Generally, you want to focus on these stats (In no particular order): INT, Critical Chance, Ability Modifier, Potency, Crit Bonus, Ability Reuse, Spell Reuse. You also want pet effects that directly boost your pet's stats. Keep in mind that INT does not cap, and it also directly affects our pets too, so pile it on as much as you can.
    Q. What race makes the best Conjuror?

A. In answering this question, you want to consider each race's racial traditions. The most valuable racial traditions are ones that increase your INT, your maximum HP and physical mitigation (for survival purposes), and your combat effectiveness, in that order.
    The very best race is Iksar, with INT, STA, 3% max hp, physical mitigation, Disruption/Subjugation boost, and hostile cast speed boost; do note that they are Evil only, so you will either need to start as an Iksar Necromancer and betray, or purchase a Race Change potion.
    Next best are Half Elf, Human, and Kerran. After that is Erudite, High Elf, Dark Elf, Gnome, Arasai, and Ratonga (Dark Elf, Arasai, and Ratonga are evil, so again you will need to betray or buy a race change potion). The worst races are not on this list.
    Keep in mind, the gains are relatively minor, and at the end of the day will not make or break the class. Play what you want to play because you like it, not because it's the best.
    Q. Aren't Sorcerers better at damage then us? Why should I choose a second-rate DPS'er?
    A. Sometimes, the term "best DPS" gets thrown around with little basis in fact. Sorcerers (and predators) can out damage us sometimes, but not all the time. While it was once true in the past, there is no magical rule nowadays that says one class will do more damage than the other class every time. It highly depends on the individual skill of the respective players, relative gear level, support classes, buffs, the specific content, and so on. Some situations will highly favor summoners, and other situations will not.
    In an end game situation, under ideal conditions, a Conjuror is often at the very front of the pack when it comes to damage output. If not the very front, then very often in the top 3.
    Q. What are the best White adornments?
    A. This list assumes you are wearing level 90 gear. Consult lower tier adornment lists for different tiers.
    • Head: Ethereal Adornment of Intelligence (Greater) / Ethereal Adornment of Endurance (Superior)
    • Cloak: Ethereal Adornment of Critical Chance (Superior) / Ethereal Adornment of Swift Casting (Superior)
    • Chest: Ethereal Adornment of Heightened Power (Superior)
    • Shoulder: Ethereal Adornment of Heightened Power (Superior) / Ethereal Adornment of Intelligence (Greater)
    • Legs: Ethereal Adornment of Intelligence (Greater) / Ethereal Adornment of Critical Chance (Superior) / Ethereal Adornment of Swift Casting (Superior)
    • Forearm: Ethereal Adornment of Intelligence (Greater) / Ethereal Adornment of Critical Chance (Superior) / ethereal Adornment of Swift Casting (Superior)
    • Feet: Ethereal Adornment of Recovery (Superior)
    • Hands: Ethereal Adornment of Endurance (Superior)
    • Waist: Ethereal Adornment of Recovery (Superior) / Ethereal Adornment of Intelligence (Greater)
    • Neck: Ethereal Adornment of Intelligence (Greater)
    • Ear: Ethereal Adornment of Heightened Power (Superior) / Ethereal Adornment of Endurance (Superior)
    • Finger: Ethereal Adornment of Heightened Power (Superior)
    • Wrist: Ethereal Adornment of Endurance (Superior) / Ethereal Adornment of Swift Casting (Superior)
    • Primary: Ethereal Adornment of Raw Power (Superior)
    • Secondary/Ranged: Ethereal Adornment of Raw Power (Superior)
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Conjuror Specific Spell Questions

Q. Why can't I stack my concentration buffs?

A. Concentration buffs (just like pet buffs) are meant to be used 'til upgrade, with the old one taken off the spell bar. We aren't meant to stack up our buffs for +100 intelligence or anything like that, you get one buff of each line at a time, and that's it.

Q. What are these special spells level 52/55/58/65 I'm hearing about? I can't find a journeyman spell for these either on the broker or in Maj'Dul.

A. The four spells, Call of the Hero (lvl 52), Winds of Velious (lvl 55), Elemental Unity (lvl 58), and Plane Shift (lvl 65) cannot be made into journeyman spell. If you want these spells (and you really should want them) you'll either have to find a dropped adept spell or find the Expert recipe and have a sage make it. These just don't come in an journeyman variety.

Q. Do I still need softly glowing pearls to cast Call of the Hero?
    A. Not anymore!
    Q. I just harvested a rare, what spell should I upgrade?

This is quite a subjective question. Generally, your priorities should be this order:

Earth and Fire pets
    Defense Stance (if you use the Tank pet most often, otherwise skip this)
    Damage spells
    Buffs
    Anything else

Q. I just hit level (14/24/34/44/54/64/75/85), what should I take for a master spell?

A. In general, you should pick these:
    Level 14: Defensive Haven
    Level 24: Ice Storm or Aqueous Swarm
    Level 34: Defensive Haven or Crystal Blast
    Level 44: Crystal Blast or Defensive Haven
    Level 54: Antagonize
    Level 64: Ice Storm
    Level 75: Fiery Annihilation
    Level 85: Crystal Blast

Q. What about other character development choices?

For these you want to focus on survivability and damage output:
    • Level 8: Clever
    • Level 28: Savvy
    • Level 48: Brilliant
    • Level 68: Intelligent
    • Level 88: Sharp
    • Level 15: Hardy
    • Level 30: Resistant
    • Level 45: Tough
    • Level 60: Hardened
    • Level 75: Rigid
    • Level 90: Unyielding
    • Level 22: Sturdy
    • Level 42: Stout
    • Level 62: Robust
    • Level 82: Dauntless
    Q. And what about racials?
    A. These should be your priority for racial traditions. Since every race has different racial traditions, consult your list of Racial Traditions.
    • Intelligence
    • Max HP
    • Physical Mitigation
    • Critical Chance
    • Disruption/Subjugation
    • Anything else that affects you in-combat
    Q. What's the deal with Alternate Advancements?

A. See this thread for a basic primer.
    Q: Which spells do not upgrade?
    A: The following lower-level spells not upgrade at higher levels, so be sure to get these spells Mastered.
    • Shard of Essence (level 18)
    • Plane Shift (level 65)
    • Najena's Essence Summoning (level 73)
    Technically Call of the Hero does not upgrade, but it does not need to be upgraded either. And it goes without saying, all level 81 to 90 spells do not have higher level upgrades at this time.
    Q: While leveling, which spells should I concentrate on upgrades for first?
    A: Generally speaking, these spells should be priority upgrades as you level, in order of importance. Keep in mind the three spells above should be priority spells on the Research Assistant, due to their lack of future upgrades.
    • Absolute most important: Earthen Avatar & Fiery Magician
    • Top priority: Blazing Avatar, Elemental Unity, Plane Shift
    • Second priority: Crystal Blast, Fiery Annihilation, Winds of Velious, Shattered Earth, Earthquake, Ice Storm, Conjuror's Pact, Vampire Bats, Geotic Rune, Aqueous Swarm (only if below level 80), Roaring Flames (only if below level 80),
    • Situational priority (get these if you solo a lot): Heal Servant, Defensive Haven, Essence Shift, Minion's Intervention
    • Tertiary priority: Petrify, Elemental Aspect, Flameshield, Fire Seed, Sacrifice, Quicksand
    • Least priority: Aery Hunter, Vehement Skin, Aqueous Swarm (if above level 80), Roaring Flames (if above level 80), Communion, Antagonize
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Conjuror Specific Pet Questions

Q. What type of pets do conjurors get?

Conjurors get four primary pets and three swarm pets.
    • Earthen Avatar are tank pets. They soak up the damage, and hold aggro while you deal the majority of the damage.
    • Aery Hunter are scout pets. They deal high melee damage to single targets, but little to no AE damage to multiple targets.
    • Fiery Magician are mage pets. They deal medium-high damage to single targets, and lots of AE damage to multiple targets.
    • Hydromancer is a pet you get from achievements. It's a healer pet, dealing almost no damage and doing low-medium healing to the group.
    • The Aqueous Swarm pets are three water-based swarm pets that deal damage to a single target.
    • The Roaring Flames pet is a fire-based pet that deals AE damage to the target encounter.
    • Communion is a special swarm pet that summons all of the primary pets that you have knowledge of as swarm pets, at the rank of Communion. IE if Communion is Master, then the pets from Communion are master as well.
    Q. Which pet should I be using in a group or raid?
    A. You want to use the Mage pet. It provides the very best overall damage output, and is the easiest to raise its damage potential with.
    Q. What types of damage do my pets do?

A. Pets have four total damage types, sometimes these need to be considered when choosing a pet to use as some mobs are resistant or immune to certain damage types.

* The Earthen Avatar line does crushing autoattack damage and magic special damage
    * The Aqueous Swarm line does crushing damage
    * The Roaring Flames line does crushing damage with heat AoE
    * The Fiery Magician line does heat damage
    * The Aery Hunter line does piercing damage with cold special damage

Q. How do I pull with my pet?

A. Send your pet at a target, let him hit, press backoff. Once the mob is fairly close to you (close enough not to hit you but close enough that your "pull" was successful) hit "pet attack" on that same mob. It used to be much harder then this and why it was in the FAQ, now, it's quite simple.

You can also send your pet, wait for the mob to get aggro on the pet, then cast Call Servant to summon the pet back to you. The mob will usually be angry enough with the pet to continue chasing.

Q. Why won't my pet attack? The mob is right in front of him!

A. One of the more villified changes to pet targeting is the change that keeps pets from attacking anything that you wouldn't be able to attack. What this change did is keep pets from attacking stuff stuck in walls and floors as well as making it so we couldn't pet-pull something a long ways off or obstructed by geography. The change in theory was ok but now if anything is in your pets line of sight (LoS from now on) your pet will give a can't attack message. LoS isn't just walls, it's chairs, rocks, hills... it can be pretty much anything that would either be in the way of your pet running directly to the target or not seeing the target. This can be a real pain in certain zones, but there are workarounds!

1. Pet stay: Park your pet somewhere a little ways off that has clear LoS to where you're pulling to and tell him to stay, works most of the time though it's only good for groups that are camping a location.
    2. Tank training: I know, I say it all the time... doesn't make it any less true though. Have your tanks pull mobs right onto your pet and have them jump over the mob to turn it. Doing that will give you and the pet the mobs back while maximizing your damage potential. This is the best option when group dungeon crawling since it works 100% of the time.
    3. Run around like a goof trying to get your pet a LoS: Probably the worst option since the pet has such a long follow radius, you have to do alot of running to get him a LoS, possibly bringing adds. Only do this combined with 1 if solo

If your tank won't help you in groups by doing #2 where there is horrid geography, don't give the group the benefit of your pet damage. There are too many risks involved in positioning a pet in a dungeon crawl using method #3; lower DPS is better than a dead group.

Q. Can I name my pet?

A. You betcha! Just right-click your pet, select Pet Options, and in the window set your pet's name.

Q. Can I name all my pets different things?

A. Yes. Each pet can have a different name, and the name will persist even if you switch pets.
    Q: How squishy is Fiery Magician compared to Earthen Avatar?
    A: Once upon a time, Fiery Magician was so squishy that breathing on it could kill it. Nowadays it's beefy enough that it can tank some Heroic monsters close to as good as the Earthen Avatar. It's still somewhat squishy though, so extra caution should be used if you're soloing hard-hitting heroics. Against your run-of-the-mill Solo mobs though, it's perfectly fine to let it take a few hits.
    Q: When I use Possess Minion, why is the mage pet's WIS so high? How do I raise its INT?
    A: You can ignore this completely. The pet doesn't use its INT to determine anything besides its power pool. It uses YOUR INT stat to determine its damage output. Consequently this makes the INT portion of Antagonize mostly useless for the Mage pet.
    Q: What's the deal with the Mythical Pet?
    A: The Mythical pet is the reward for completing our Mythical epic quest series, ending with the final quest "The Final Domination of Phrotis". It is the pet that's summoned from the Mythical version of the Elemental Dominance weapon. The pet itself, an Elemental Manifestation, is essentially a Grandmastered Fiery Magician V. Like Fiery Magician V, it will scale up and down when you level, capping it's level at level 84. One major difference is that the Mythical Pet will NOT cast the raidwide buff "Fires from Within".
    Q: Which is better, the Mythical Pet, or Fiery Magician VI?
    A: The Mythical pet will do slightly more damage than Fiery Magician VI (Master), and will also do a lot more damage than Fiery Magician VI (Expert). However, this is dependent on whether you are level 85, or level 90, or somewhere between. At level 85, the Master Fiery Magician will only do slightly worse damage, but at 86 and beyond it will outclass the Mythical. Expert Fiery Magician will not surpass the Fiery Magician until level 90.
    However, keep in mind two things. The Mythical pet caps at level 84, whereas Fiery Magician VI scales all the way up to 90. This makes a major difference when determining hit rates, as things what will be white or yellow to you will be orange or red to the Mythical pet.
    Also, the Mythical pet does NOT cast the raidwide buff "Fires from Within", but Fiery Magician will.
    Finally, once you finish Epic Repercussions, you will lose all access to the Mythical pet. However, the buff you gain from Epic Repercussions, "Elemental Mastery", will make the Fiery Magician pet surpass the Mythical Pet once and for all, regardless of whether you have Expert or Master Fiery Magician.
    My advice is, once you have Fiery Magician VI (Expert), use it, and never summon the Mythical pet again.
    Q: Which is better, the Mythical Pet, or Fiery Magician V?
    A: Slightly related to the above question. I recommend using the Mythical pet over Fiery Magician V simply because it will do more overall damage. However unless you're level locking at 80 to 84 for whatever reason, you will quickly outgrow the Mythical pet. You will also lose the Mythical pet once you finish Epic Repercussions (which should be completed asap).
    Q: Which is better: My higher level pet at Expert, or my lower level pet at Master?
    A: Generally (and to be clear, these are not absolute rules), your higher level pet is better for several reasons.
    • Higher level pets are a higher physical level than your older pets. This means that it will fare better in combat overall due to hit rates.
    • Higher versions of your pet gain new spells and combat arts that lower versions do not have. For example Fiery Magician V gains the raidwide buff "Fires from Within" while Fiery Magician IV does not.
    • Although lower level pets might deal raw more damage, when you combine the above two, the higher level pets will generally do more damage overall and fare better in combat overall.
    The above generally holds true for the first couple levels after you receive your new pet. Once you exceed 2 or 3 levels higher than your old pet, the new pet (at Expert) is always better than the old pet (at Master). The same is also true if you're going from Expert to Adept, Adept to Journeyman, etc.
    Q: What about the new pet at Adept, and the old pet at Master?
    A: You want to try to avoid this situation whenever possible, as your pets should be your priority spell upgrades above all else. However the same reasons generally hold true.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nordy Guest

Excellent FAQ! Very well done, I smell a sticky...
  5. ARCHIVED-Diggen Guest

Thanks Xalmat. A lot of things have changed since I deleted my first conjurer and left 8 months ago. I printed your entire faq and then followed the link and printed the spell lists and some other information.
  6. ARCHIVED-leas5040 Guest

Great post Xalmat! Just a few things that I saw that need changing:

Unfortunately, the shattered ground line, as per LU#16, was cut in duration by a sizeable amount, down from 12 seconds to 5. Still a massive DoT, and it now hits with aoe damage every second, so watch your agro!

I'm pretty sure you meant to recommend some conj spells to upgrade, rather than necro spells. ;)

Other than that, looks pretty nice to me. The pictures of the pets are a nice touch. Thanks for putting in the obvious time and dedication it took to make this post!

Finkelsteen
    60 Conj/ 60 Alchemist
    Dominion on Toxxulia
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Fixed! Thanks for pointing that out. That's what I get for copying El Chup verbatim without reading it over six times first.
  8. ARCHIVED-Grimhammer Guest

I want to add my "Thanks!" to the list - I have built a conjuror from scratch about a month after LU #13, and this FAQ guide as well as The Summoner's Tower website have been (and continue to be) an enormous part of my success and enjoyment with the Conjuror class.
    A must read for any new Conjuror or anyone considering starting a Conjuror - needs to be stickied.
  9. ARCHIVED-ClawHammr Guest

Wow they finally listened and fixed the graphics on the Tellurian Veteran Master and Igneous Magi Adepts......very cool. I was so ashamed of my unstoppable Veteran Master being 3 feet tall : )
  10. ARCHIVED-SnowKnight Guest

I got a Tellurian Avenger(Veteran) master 1 today, and while it does look like the rock piles, its a lot smaller, about half the size of my toon. Will try get a picture for your faq when servers come back up.
  11. ARCHIVED-ClawHammr Guest

Right, the Avenger Master is very small but of course very tough. I always wanted him to be bigger because he is a Master pet. But I guess it makes sense to have him small and the Myrmidon Adepts bigger. Anyway, no more Avenger for me, I have the Myrmidon now and just mined some Vanadium earlier so its time for Adept 3:smileyhappy:
  12. ARCHIVED-Janl Guest

The reason Master rank pets are smaller is because they're (Master I) rank. If they were to add (Master II) or possibly (Master III) pets to the game they would be larger. It's the same idea of an (Apprentice I) or (Adept I) pet being smaller than an (Apprentice IV) or (Adept III) pet respectively.
  13. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

good work.

here is tid bit of info regarding pets to use.the type of tank will; greatly determine what pet to use. if you use magi pet with tanks that do not hold aggro well on multi mob encounters you will have greater chance to pull aggro.
    from exsperiense those tank types are SK,monks,bruisers and sometimes gaurdians....you will most likely have the pet rip aggro any time it does aoe and the pet will be dead fast then mob is on you.
  14. ARCHIVED-SnowKnight Guest

[IMG]
    TELLURIAN AVENGER (MASTER 1)
    and I had to post this shot cause its sooo cute ...

[IMG]

Message Edited by SnowKnight on 11-18-2005 01:14 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-ClawHammr Guest

I was expecting the Veteran Master to be identical to Myrmidon Adept. I thought thats the way it worked, a Master 1 = Adept 1 of next Pet. At least thats how it seemed to work with previous pets.
  16. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Hm .. looks as if it has the same size then the adept juggernaut, to be honest .. i often wish my myrmidon would also have that size.. cause its often anoying if it stands before you and you can't see anything, mostly in locations where you stand with your back to a wall while fighting :smileysad:
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Group Earth Illusion acts as a very effective shrink spell for Myrmidon.
  18. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Ah.. thanks .. i now even more like the group air illusion .. hadn't expected that the pet gets so smal with that .. very nice :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Bumpity bump! Needs to be re-stickied.

No updates, but I'm definitely open for suggestions.
  20. ARCHIVED-Grimhammer Guest

The FAQ is great. As far as suggestions, what I needed and did not find in the FAQ was the following
    1) Commands/macros for pet attack and pull back. The set referenced here I use and they work great: http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=29&message.id=9524#M9524
    2) Commands/macros for setting your pet to assist the MT in a group
    3) Commands/macros for setting your pet to assist the MT in a raid

Thanks - wonderful guide.