Terrors of Thalumbra Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Lemilla Active Member

Though things have changed in the past 11 years, it's not all that complicated.

Autoattack when using sword+shield, two-hander or ranged:
    With a 6 second delay weapon, without any haste and with 100% hit rates, you swing 10 times per minute. If you have a proc that procs 2.0 times per minute (by the description), that means it has a 20% chance to proc on each swing.

If you add haste, you will have more swings per minute, but the proc chance on each swing stays the same. This in effect makes it proc more often.

If you have lower hit rates, you will have less swings per minute that actually hit. The proc chance on each swing stays the same. This in effect makes it proc less often.

Autoattack when dual wielding:
    If you are dual wielding, the base delay increases by 50%, to 9 seconds. As you are using two weapons, this means you swing 13,3 times per minute. If you have a proc that procs 2.0 times per minute (by the description), that means it has a 15% chance to proc on each swing.

If you add haste, you will have more swings per minute, but the proc chance on each swing stays the same. This in effect makes it proc more often.

If you have lower hit rates, you will have less swings per minute that actually hit. The proc chance on each swing stays the same. This in effect makes it proc less often.

Using spells or CA's:
    If you have a spell with a base cast time of 2 seconds, it means you can cast 30 of such spells every minute (ignoring recovery time). If you have a proc that procs 2.0 times per minute (by the description), that means it has a 6,7% chance to proc on each cast.

If you add cast speed, you will have more casts per minute, but the proc chance on each cast stays the same. This in effect makes it proc more often.

If you have lower hit rates (resists), you will have less casts per minute that actually hit. The proc chance on each cast stays the same. This in effect makes it proc less often.

Using spells or CA's while autoattacking:
    These do not influence each other at all, so procs can proc from both, resulting in more procs that stated.
    Regolas likes this.
  2. honeybush Member

throws of the holidays... watching too much football or something hombre
  3. sycla Active Member

yeeesh finally..Thank you;)
  4. Dedith Well-Known Member

yeah, i did a crap ton of testing yesterday evening and essentially got the same results you described.
  5. kluxor Well-Known Member

I hope when they do take a look at, and hopefully adjust, the raid tier items that they don't just bump up the raw stats on items but also increase the proc/static effects. Would be nice if amp, barrage, etc effects were a bit higher than their heroic counterparts
    -Soteria- likes this.
  6. Penta Member

So I was right then, in essence...it seemed like that was the case, since my Early Advantage weapon procs way more than is ascribed by the weapon description.

Hence scouts' numbers.
    This silly game. Just goes from one extreme to the other. It's very frustrating...
  7. Koko Well-Known Member

In terms of procs, mage-focus AAs are favored as they are unrestricted by ability use. e.g. a scout using a 9s ranged weapon will achieve less 'actions' than a mage using a 9s focus ranged.

Abilities are a bit ambiguous, as data is much more restricted in this field. However I wouldn't be surprised if longer cast-time abilities were favored here as well, as I suspect transmission based latency & recovery speed are not considered.
  8. silamdarr Member

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so hard by just reading them trying to come off as being intellectual.
  9. Nkito Well-Known Member

lol

Mages don't have to worry about auto attacks being delayed when casting spells so they could see a tiny increase in proc rate over scouts. It's also possible that a scout with fast casting abilities that uses 10 combat arts in 10 seconds will see less procs than a scout that uses 5 abilities in that same 10sec. This might be because recovery speed is "dead time", where procs cannot activate.

Lag each time you use an ability could hurt the fast casting scout for similar reason.

(But I thought autoattacks fired during recovery, and assumed procs would as well.)
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just wow. Check the links at the bottom of Koko's sig, and then go read what he's got about how EQ2 mechanics work, what exactly the curves are, and so forth. He's not just pulling this data out of his hiney.
    Laiina likes this.
  11. Koko Well-Known Member

Unfortunately AAs cannot 'fire' during recovery, but you're not alone in this assumption. This is experienced by players as "Why aren't my AAs not going off!?" everywhere.

As for procs during recovery periods, you're generally correct - but not always. There are skills that can be cast during otherwise unavoidable delay (e.g. SK's Chaotic Blade), which implies that this generalization is not valid.
  12. Loran Member

Has anyone noticed any difference in the ToT raid weapons/jewelery to reflect patch notes from this morning?

Many raid jewelry items and weapons for Terrors of Thalumbra have been re-itemized.

Well, looks like damage procs are hitting for about 3x their previous values.
  13. Billski New Member

Yes!
    We discovered some really nice items tonight.
    I was quite impressed with the T1 drops so far.
    [IMG]
    -Soteria- likes this.
  14. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

some t3 items weren't changed at all. Charm of Sath'Oprusk wasn't changed and Undercover Assault from Polliwog wasn't changed either.
  15. SacDaddy420 Active Member

thanks for the non relic cloaks
  16. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

yeah the changed items are pretty cool. I'm excited to see what all has been added!
  17. Vasco Active Member

Why is the effect on Stygian Earring of the Forge worse than High Hold earring?
  18. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Probably a Magical Befuddlement II and III later on. That's just T1.
  19. Vasco Active Member

High Hold was just an heroic earring, feels like it should be a little higher, not backward.
  20. Jrel Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for new armor upgrades that reflect a better gain from heroic to Tier 3 as delineated in https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-336. Fluffier effects and procs on the new items are nice only if the new drops decrease the plethora of lesser drops (items with Shroud of the Sea, Pirates Aim, Countermoves, etc) being dropped in raid from Tier 2 & 3.

Side note: Oblivion (Renamed Finisher V) is still a joke upgrade of 5% over Finisher IV.