Terrors of Thalumbra Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Dedith Well-Known Member

Does it function at all? Still hearing ppl complaining about Finisher V not working.
  2. Brutalize Member

Seriously, put in an exchange merchant or something like you did with the Dreadcutter weapons when we first transitioned from CoE to ToV that allowed you to get the new piece of gear. I have several pieces of the old raid loot and it just feels like wasted DKP now. Pretty lame.
    Ruckus likes this.
  3. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Best idea to solve the problem.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

Thanks DBG, more people have now quit this game over bad itemisation and buggy content than ever before...

The changes made thus far are inadequate, the whole new item list with minuscule increase in proc/stat is just like a last draw of the straw it seems. Not sure what else do you guys have in mind but....never mind I am just too tired now.
  5. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, people are leaving the game and guilds are falling apart. The itemisation course you have started in DoV finaly lead to that mess. I see only one way to fix it-complitely redo the game mechanic. Because right now with billions of numbers, stats, procs there is no way to fix the itemisation, to make encounters interesting, to make every aspect of the fight interesting. I want to heal not to maintain two-three spells. With the curent game mechanic the items will continue to grow in power, we'll see the same procs with slightly better numbers, the same patterns of lasy made gear.

I want my pre-DoV itemisation and game mechanic back, because right now Housing is the only aspect that still attracts me in the game.
    Chimeron likes this.
  6. Smite Active Member

Are you asking for an NGE for combat and itemization? What could they actually do endgame vs all the rest of the game?

Honestly I think TLE's existence was a bad sign of the times but unless the entire game was relevant again using the smart code that tunes ToT encounters to match our inflation from DoV-ToT there's no way short of knocking back the hotbar buttons and AA trees which would cause a SWG exodus to undo what's been done. - See my scaling suggestions for mentoring bottom up or top down elsewhere -

Equipment isn't the only issue here. More AA, more prestige, more abilities are more at fault for powerscaling problems than procs or specific items or their acquisition locations (keys, duck zone, etc.) and rates.

If you think raid gear non-uniqueness is /ragequit now imagine if the Live became KOS ruleset as a ceiling... Abilities > Gear and are causing more problems than items - how they're acquired, who has them, and how much time said individuals wasted of their life to "rent" them until the next expansion pack.