Terrors of Thalumbra Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Serik Active Member

There are 4 leather patterns, one with block, one with mit, one with wdb, and one ability set.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup. Pretty much the same as plate. Cloth and Chain have mit, wdb and ability.
  3. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Oh, i only seen 2 kinds of items per pattern, i havent seen any that had 4 patterns in it
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Healers can't wear the block armor, so for quest rewards, you won't see that one your channeler.
  5. Zanger Member

bump it still sucks
  6. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Lets give it some time. I think we've expressed the problem in every combination of vowel sounds that can be used to do so, and can therefore wait to see if our concerns were heard. It's Christmas eve... definitely not being addressed today (nor should it be), maybe we will see some cool stuff after the holidays.
    Skardon likes this.
  7. Kaarkula Active Member

Raid gear needs to be seriously beefed up... also I hope more raid content is in the works soon..

What is here isn't horrible... but there just isn't enough of it.
    NrthnStar5 and Bloodguts like this.
  8. Penta Member

I think maybe ACT is only recording one Lacerator trigger even though there may be more in action at any given time.

I pose a question to the Lacerator dual wielders-when it triggers do you see two proc icons or just one? Considering the proc rate, I don't think its implausible that both could not trigger simultaneously.

Now I'm not a big city lawyer, but I don't think in the history of Everquest 2 a toon has been able to equip the same weapon/item, with the same proc in any slot. I don't know, I might be wrong. The live active numbers are recording damage as it happens, but the overall dps report might only be recording the trigger damage of only one of those weapons, reflected in the zone wide report. Who knows?

Hence the "my overall dps says out of 50 mil zone wide it only accounted for 4..."

This expac is lame.
    Laiina likes this.
  9. Ynnek Well-Known Member

In the olden days, this was true. It started shifting during late AoM however when they (mostly) stopped putting Lore-Equip on things, and (mostly) stopped blocking procs from stacking. Pre AoM, the assumption was if it was the same effect, only one would take effect - though there were rare exceptions. With AoM Fabled and RC loot, the assumption is that everything stacks - though there are of course exceptions.

Sadly, I only have the one Lacerator...
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

We were told in ToV that procs don't stack by the devs. If you had DD I and DD II procs on two items, only DD II would proc.

This seemed to change when the Fabled stuff came out during AoM. So it's quite recent.

Personally I prefer it. If they only want us to use one Lacerator, they can tag them lore-equip.
  11. Penta Member

Dag, only one. Sorry bro.
  12. Penta Member

Yeah, kinda shocked this hasn't happened actually-the Lore/Equip thing. Perhaps they went out for tapas one day and just forgot about it? Seems likely, that happens to me all the time. Prolly why I'm divorced now.

In any even't, my hypothesis would account for the numerical discrepancies between the zone wide, and actual dps, based on your statements.
  13. Kander Developer

We're in the throws of the holidays. We have plans to adjust raid gear. We always have plans for additional content.

Yup.
    Jrel, -Soteria-, Taiyla and 12 others like this.
  14. Xulos Member

Yaaaaaaay a response! Awesome to hear a response. Can't wait to see how the adjustments go. Thanks Kander!
    Mizgamer62 and Neiloch like this.
  15. Dedith Well-Known Member

While I doubt the buff component stacks (i believe it just refreshes if it procs again while it's up), we've been able to have multiples of the same procs for many years (adorns of blasting or mending). Sure, some procs for a while intentionally would have other limiters that prevented them from applying, but I do not believe Early Advantage does.

No matter how many of the effects are worn, it'll still only proc a certain number of times at max. This is based upon the 'procs per minute' and then adjusted by mystically unknown values (many think haste/casting/reuse) to get the max amount of times it can proc per minute. Some think this is also per mob (or encounter for scoundrel's slip) as well. So, even if you have two Lacerators, it will still be limited to a maximum number of procs per minute (maybe per mob/encounter as well.)

Now, what does using two Lacerators do? Well, the lacerator gives a single chance to proc per combat or spell hit. Having two of them gives someone two chances to proc the dmg/effect per combat or spell hit. Granted, it will still be limited to the maximum number of procs per minute described above, but that maximum should be more easily reached.

I have been tempted to roll on it against guildies who don't have it just to have both it and Turn the Tide procing this, but I'd rather have a tank weapon.
  16. Lare Active Member

thanks for letting us know Kander.

I have a few concerns but one that is glaringly bad is the lack of choice on epics items in raid currently other than a few class cloaks nothing beats the epic ring that adds cb and pot to raid. I am all for one for choice but when its can make or break the raid there really is no choice.

Its disappointing that you take the time to make these class cloaks only for them to end up in most of the players bags.

Even in Heroic zones most are better off with last tiers cloaks. Let alone poor tanks that don't even have tank stats.

The cloaks where a nice idea just not executed very well. They need beefing up too with the right stats for the right classes and the special ability needs to be as good as loosing the cb or pot to the raid either to the player or the raid in general.

Sure not all are ment to be great but at the moment most are lackluster to extremely useless. Not all gear choices should be clear cut but at the moment most class cloaks really are just status items that sit in peoples backpacks.

You cant even were it as an apperance items!

nuff said.
  17. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Wrong. Just wrong. This blanket statement shows clear misunderstanding of proc mechanics. There is nothing mysterious about it. Here is how it really works. This test was done with Blackanvil Strike, since it's a proc that I can easily acquire in multiple slots. For all tests, my displayed proc rate is 4.0 times per minute, and only auto attack was used.

Test 1: Haste at zero, Blackanvil Strike equipped in a single off hand slot, no main hand weapon, no ranged weapon.

Combat time: 10:16
    Auto Attack Swings: 278
    Blackanvil Procs: 35 (3.41 / min)

This looks about right. It came in at slightly less than 3.5 times per minute. Since it's pseudo random it probably would have smoothed out to 4.0 had I let it run long enough.

Test 2: Haste still at zero, Blackanvil equipped in offhand slot and ranged slot. No main hand weapon.

Combat time: 10:06
    Auto Attack Swings: 273
    Blackanvil Procs: 65 (6.44 / min)

Again, this looks right. It didn't quite double my proc rate, but it was close. Initially I thought that perhaps it was because the old paradigm of success means no more tries, but that's apparently no longer the case. Upon closer inspection, it appears that you can in fact succeed twice on the same swing, ie, you can proc the same effect twice on the same swing if you have it equipped twice. Most likely I am just not swinging for long enough to see the rate fully normalize.

Test 3: Haste at 101.1 (91% faster), Blackanvil equipped in offhand slot. No main hand weapon, no ranged weapon.

Combat time: 10:13
    Auto Attack Swings: 550
    Blackanvil Procs: 73 (7.16 / min)

Haste clearly effects proc rate, exactly as you'd expect. I nearly doubled my swing rate and more than doubled my initially tested proc rate. Still not quite the fully expected 80, but I wasn't all the way to 100% faster either.

Test 4: Haste at 101.1 (91% faster), Blackanvil equipped in offhand and ranged slot. No main hand weapon.

Combat time: 10:07
    Auto Attack Swings: 544
    Blackanvil Procs: 135 (13.37 / min)

And thus it continues. Hasted, two items nearly double the proc rate of one item.

Test 5: Haste at 101.1 (91% faster), Blackanvil equipped in offhand and ranged slot. No main hand weapon. Weapon delay changed from 4 to 6 (2.1 to 3.1 haste into the equation).

Combat time: 10:04
    Auto Attack Swings: 368
    Blackanvil Procs: 143 (14.2 / min)

Within statistical norms. Weapon delay makes no difference to proc rate.

I can say for sure that Essencelich (similar wording to Early Advantage) will refresh the duration of the buff it procs. I would assume that Early Advantage would work the same way, damage applies, buff is refreshed. Without having the proc myself to test, I can't say for sure but . . .
  18. Dedith Well-Known Member

I said mysterious because I and others who work with the game mechanics have not yet confirmed it, and many of the devs are not sure (I did ask) without delving into the code (which they don't have time for.) I and others are unsure if casting speed and/or reuse speed apply, and this game mechanic testing is not the top of my to do list. Thanks for fronting some data on haste applying, i've already noted it.
  19. Sudedor Well-Known Member

The effects of cast speed on proc rate appear to work in a similar fashion. This is much harder to get data points on because my Wizard tends to run out of power rather quickly when he removes all his gear in order to confirm the baseline of a single proc. However, over a short course, it appears that cast speed also effectively doubles proc rate. Without access to something with a huge pool of hitpoints and a lot of power regen, it is tough to nail down with 100% certainty, but, in short bursts, the same mechanics appear to hold.
  20. Ynnek Well-Known Member

It does. Generally speaking both Attack Speed and Casting Speed linearly increase the proc rate up to 100%. 100% will double the proc rate of any proc that does not posses an additional (documented or undocumented) limiter such as "This proc will fire at most 10 times a second", "cannot proc within 15 seconds of a similar effect", etc...

The proc rate you see in the item description is not adjusted to compensate for this, so in general you will see it proc twice as often as is listed.

The proc rate you see in the item description is adjusted to normalize for weapon delay, but because the effect is nonlinear and the normalization is linear, there is some weapon delay related skew. (Or the other way around, I forget, but it's a curve, not a line)

Edit: If you want to test on a wizard, borrow a Enchanter to keep your mana up