Terrors of Thalumbra Expansion Pre-Orders AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Wards

...es mag vielleicht so aussehen, aber grundsätzlich ist es das nicht, da bin zumindest ich anderer Meinung...

.... zum einen gibt es Segnungen/Gebete die man kaufen kann, wie jetzt auch nur das man nicht mehr zu einem Altar muss, sondern dies nun unterwegs nutzen kann, als temporäre Punkte die man sich verdient und ausgibt. Nichts anderes als jetzt auch im grundsätzlichen Sinne....

Zum anderen gibt es 3 passive Wahlmöglichkeiten in die man bis zu 100 Punkte stecken kann soweit ich es im Video erkennen konnte, aber dies ist zu wenig, so eine banale Sache ist kein AA System ähnliches Ding, was es Wert wäre Erwähnung zu finden, es ist einfach nur purer Punkte Grind und erfordert weder testen noch wirkliche Intelligenz es zu nutzen...

In einem RPG sollen sich Spieler mit ihrem Char Identifizieren und früher war das auch mal so, da es eine große Auswahl an Möglichkeiten gab, dies ist mit einem solchen System niemals gegeben, es ist quasi wie mit den "Klassen Prestige Bäumen" wo es keine wirklich sinnvoll unterschiedliche Wahl gibt und fast jeder das gleiche nimmt da die anderen Dinge im Vergleich keine wirksame Funktion besitzen oder eine relevante Alternative darstellen würden. Mal davon abgesehen das Klassenspezifisch eigentlich einen eigenen Baum für jede Klasse voraussetzen würde, was ja nur minimalst bei diesen Bäumen nur auf die reine Subklasse gegeben ist. => langweiliger Kausalbrei wo sich jeder etwas raussuchen kann und so gut wie jeder das gleiche wählt, bringt keine Unterscheidungen und keine Individualisierung.

Das soll auch nicht heißen, das ich das neue Göttersystem schlecht finde, denn es ist nun besser durchdacht, aber ich finde es für ein Expansion eben einfach zu wenig dauerhafte Motivation, um die Leute für 6 Monate oder ein Jahr bei Laune zu halten. Man muss sich doch nur umschauen wie viele im Moment noch bereit sind zu Spielen und das knappe 2 Monate bevor das Addon live geht, wenn man ehrlich ist, ist seit schon ca. 2 Monaten nix mehr los, da die Motivation bei vielen fehlt und ja ein Addon in ferner Zukunft ansteht...
  2. Awkk Well-Known Member

So does the 10% XP bonus from the Altar of Ancients not apply until the expansion is released?

I'm still seeing only a 10% Effects bonus, and I have both Blessing of the Ancients and Membership Benefits live in the Spell Effects Window. Shouldn't that be 20%? Or does it not stack with the 10% Membership Bonus?
  3. beagley Well-Known Member

There isn't a 10% Membership Bobus for XP. The 10% you're seeing is from the Altar of the Ancients. Membership benefit gives you double alternate currency, 10% on mount speed and 15% on coin - no XP gain.
  4. Canth Active Member

I haven't seen this question answered yet. Anyone hear a response that I missed?
    Kyriea likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Umm , , , level is still 100? Our competition is coming out with a new expansion raising their level cap to 110. We don't want to fall behind *ahem. .cough BLIZarchdeeed . . clears throat*. Do we?
  6. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Level number doesnt mean much to me... just a pile of xp to get through. Add in meaningful content and abilities to expand our characters beyond an arbitrary number.

Also, I dont mind what other companies / games do.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Acceptable. I like content too. And honestly. . . I prefer EQ more than that other game anyway. . . there is MUCH MORE to do here . . although I do like the other games Garrison and shipyard abilities. . . but that is another story. I still want LONG HAIR options! Always will and I am a big advocate of that until we either get it. . or I die! LOL. . .
    Prissetta and Kurisutaru like this.
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Unless the next xpac includes a WoW vs EQ2 cross-game battleground, it really doesn't matter whether they're raising their lvl cap or not.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  9. Hirofortis Active Member

I haven't either. At this point though I don't expect answers anymore. I will probably buy this expansion, but I am finding less and less reason to want to play. I sure hope they revive things. :(
    Kyriea likes this.
  10. Geeklet42 New Member

I want to +1 the question about upgrading from regular expansion to collector's edition. Is there a way to do so without paying full price?
    Kyriea likes this.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

I don't feel so bad about being locked in a $29.27 AUD for 3 month subscription anymore. So I'm paying around $6 USD per month for my sub, I'll let DBG have an extra 10% for the xpac!
  12. Canth Active Member

Well, I pre-ordered so I could beta test, but at the standard version. If they want more money, they'll have to let me upgrade later without having to buy the whole thing over. If they don't, oh, well. That's all the money they're getting from me.
    Kyriea and Pipsissiwa like this.
  13. Taysa Well-Known Member

The two most successful games in the genre are World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy 14. Guess what else they are? Subscription games. Even though WoW's population is "dwindling" (7 million players isn't dwindling, sweetheart), it still has more players than Everquest 2 ever had.

When both of those games go free to play, then you can say the subscription model is dead. Until then, you're just blowing smoke up peoples' *****.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

Two out of how many in the past 10 years? They can afford to stay subscription with numbers like that. They don't have those huge numbers because they're pay-to-play - it's the other way around. And plenty of the free-to-play games are franchises that have huge numbers of fans, many of which game - Elder Scrolls, Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons - and couldn't hold onto the number of players necessary for subscription to work.

Yes, 7 million is dwindling compared to where it was - and as of June this year, it's down to 5.6 million, according to Activision. And I'm not your sweetheart, sweetheart.
  15. Seni Active Member

Usually the preorder is good until the day the expansion is released - last I heard, that was November 17. Those who have been around for prior expansions know this, but Daybreak should be laying out that information in black and white. Not everyone has been around for a while; we have new players all the time.

As for upgrading to the different editions from ones of lower tier, I'm assuming that will be possible, based on the prior ability to do so. They just have to create "upgrade" bundles for us to purchase after the expansion goes live, and put those up to choose from. Then at a certain point (usually when the next expansion is coming out) they will give us a cut-off date for when this expansion and its upgrades will cease to be sold, and it will be on to the next expac... and the same exact questions from the player base ;)
  16. Kyriea New Member

You are not alone Canth, unless they offer additional purchase to upgrade already purchased content later they will not be getting any more than just the base expansion price from me either. Honestly it is becoming hard to even justify the base expansion most of the time. It is just as good to lag behind a bit for an expansion and buy every other one because they include the previous expansions.
    Just my opinion.
  17. semisus Does not play this game

Im unable to buy the new expansion , last night it wouldent accept my credit card and tonight when i try i get,
    We're sorry, a system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you continue to encounter this error, please view our Knowledge Base for possible solutions to your error.

i hope this aint just me
  18. Laiina Well-Known Member

WoW is actually around 5.8 million last time I checked a few weeks ago. But something like 50% of that or more is in China, where a sub costs about 80% less than everywhere else.
  19. Eufearia Member

This expansion is a big deal for me. I don't have any others so I'm getting a lot out of it to start with. Still, I'll probably only go for the SE. The CE is tempting but I also believe we should get the bag 1-per-character.

The BIG question I have is, can I purchase this with DBcash?
  20. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

No, expansion can't be purchased with DBC.