Terrors of Thalumbra Expansion Pre-Orders AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Yet no real mention of much needed "class revamps". We'll just toss auto attack DPS out the window, and boost combat art damage. That way, people will spend more money upgrading to GM level combat arts ASAP for scouts and fighters. Hate to tell them, that all of my worthwhile swashbuckler combat arts have already been done. All of the useless ones are pretty much just slowly ticking away...day by day...researching.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

OUCH!!
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Awkk Well-Known Member

Yea but everything in Australia is really expensive. A plain suburban house in Brisbane costs, like, what, a million?
  4. Tetrol Well-Known Member

lol - fun times comparing suburban house prices to game expansion prices! Don't mention Sydney house prices (oops, I just did) or they will want $400 for the expansion.

As I have previously posted - please charge us in US dollars and let the financial institution work out the exchange - I get market rates then a 3% foreign transaction fee.
    Prissetta and Pipsissiwa like this.
  5. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

It wasn't meant at anyone in particular, and if you wish to take it as an insult then I can't stop you. It certainly wasn't intended that way - the point of my remark was something quite different. I am, and was, referring to the CE and PE, not the SE. There ARE people who will pay for the next expac CE regardless of price, content, value etc - they just buy it automatically. Great if you are happy to do that - it's your money. This is also great for DBG, but if we all did that it encourages the company (this applies to any company in any field - not just DBG) to stop bothering about value for money, price, good content etc - they can charge as much as they like for as little as they like for the "special" editions of an expac and some people will still automatically pay for it. I'm not saying they would do that, but they could. The reason I raised it is that I think DBG forget that probably the majority DON'T do that - they want to know what they are giving their money over for and want to feel value. So telling your customers exactly what they will get when they hand over their money (and without said customers having to beg for info) - in this case detailed stats on mercs and mounts, is just good practice.
    Awkk likes this.
  6. rutro Well-Known Member

I miss the adventure aspect of the game. Do not get me wrong...I also enjoy the awesome instances that these guys have developed. However (personally)(as an old-school player) I miss the lore and overland zones being relevant. It seemed to make the game have a certain mystique. After all, aren't MMO supposed to be a massive WORLD? I know things change, but wasn't it kool just walking around and stumbling into someone else that needed the last part of that carpet quest done...:) Oh yeah...please make some bomb stuff drop of rats...please! Get people back in those sewers....LOL!
    Belenos and Pipsissiwa like this.
  7. Lizdexcia New Member

the premium might be worth the price if they made the bag claimable one each char instead of one per account. so looks like collector's edition for me
    Ratza likes this.
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

Agree....an option to have the 88 slot bag on all toons would make the package more enticing...plus the upgraded mount for all toon too....heck...at 140 bucks why not make it all available to each toon on the account???.
    Mizgamer62, Kurisutaru and GrunEQ like this.
  9. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

When you buy a mount in Rift, all of your characters on the same account can claim it.
    Belenos, Pipsissiwa and GrunEQ like this.
  10. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Your conversion does not include VAT, which has nothing to do with DBG. Add an additional 10% for Australia.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hehe looks like even raiders have their limits as to how much they are willing to spend, also. All kidding aside, I don't blame you...I wouldn't want to pay that price either. In fact, I have no intentions whatsoever of purchasing the premium edition.

If a staff member doesn't show up soon to answer my question, I may not be purchasing this expac at all.
  12. Kurisutaru Active Member

You don't like DBG's business practice, fine. There are better ways to phrase your questions, without having to make unnecessary comments about your fellow players though.. :oops:

Like I said before, in the Collectors and Premium editions you're pretty much charged for the extras; you pay if you want/can afford it. Till this day, NEVER has is it been included in any expansion packs goodies/fluff better than what you can acquire through running in-game content. For example: mercenaries have been on par with past elite mercenaries. As for mounts, I'm pretty sure what we'll be able to acquire in-game will be better as well; it has always been that way. I don't think we're gonna be told any differently this time around. But, be my guest, ask away.. :p
  13. Malleria Well-Known Member

A quick google search shows that currently online purchases under $1000 are not charged GST in Australia. This is/may change as of July 1st 2017, but as of right now it's just Daybreak lining their pockets not giving a correct exchange rate.

I'm in New Zealand and learned a long time ago to charge everything in USD and let my bank deal with the exchange rate. I save a lot of money that way.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  14. Awkk Well-Known Member

My point was that economies, currencies and exchange rates fluctuate internationally, and Daybreak can't be held responsible for that. There may be some loophole that would give you a slightly better deal, as you mention charging you in US dollars. Maybe Daybreak cannot legally do that, or maybe they would be charged a hefty fee if they did, by the banks.

Meanwhile the Australian minimum wage is 17.29 per hour and us poor Yanks only get 7.25 per hour, federal rate. You should feel sorry for us!! :eek:
  15. Uncle Active Member

imho the pricing is not bad and the only thing I recommend is what other game companies are doing include dlc's for the 140 price threshold
  16. Gelenor Well-Known Member

The fact you opened your mouth and responded with such inaccuracy. Mindboggling!
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm I wonder if the goblins and ghoul's have severed the tongues...or fingers...of staff. No reply to my question here (not to mention the same question by many others as well), no reply to my forum pm to Windstalker, Am I feeling ignored...quite...but I think I can forgive the silence...if there are extenuating circumstances surrounding the silence. :D

Seriously though, I do not understand the staff's need to Tweet or communicate via other anti-social media sites, but refuse to use their own, much more wonderful forums instead. I mean, come on, why were people told on Twitter or whatever other place they were told, that the merges have been delayed again, yet the FAQ page in this forum has yet to be updated at all?

Serious lack of communication, where it should be communicated first and foremost.

This is one of the many reasons why I dropped my AllAccess several months ago. Then with the new events and all the new wonderful content announcements, I went ahead and re-subbed...have been considering purchasing the expac, but am seriously reconsidering that now as well, due to the LACK of communication going on here.

I still want to know...will there be an option to upgrade to the CE later on, if we pre-order the standard edition now?

I need an answer within the next few days, if DBG wants to see any money from me for the expac and my AllAccess account as well. I'm having surgery in a week and will be in recovery for a month and a half or thereabouts, and I want this resolved before then. It gets old, having questions that many want to know the answers to, being ignored, especially since the 'being ignored' part is known to be part of the money grabbing scheme we all have become so familiar with here. Business ethics aside, all info should be laid on the table right up front, no hemming or hawing or leaving things hanging so that customers are left wondering. I dropped my AllAccess several months ago and only just renewed it last month, but I have no qualms about dropping it again, and leaving it dropped, forever if necessary. Sadly, it seems that is the only way to draw any kind of attention to our questions and/or concerns.

Honestly...DBG should be ADVERTISING this game, not giving it bad publicity by ignoring the questions of their already existing customers. I may be the most vocal about it, but I am not the first customer, nor am I the only customer who has asked this question and wants an answer. :/
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  18. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I need that freaking 88 slot bag now! All these new NotD outfits on the marketplace and I have no space for them. Going to have to find more outfits to sell that I can buy back from some in-game merchant or something. Running out of those options.
  19. pzpz Active Member

Can't wait to order the expansion, right after the merges happen!
    Pipsissiwa and Feldon like this.
  20. Awkk Well-Known Member

It would be so cool if we got a craftable, tinkered Personal Wardrobe depot, wouldn't it? :)