Take a Min and think about this DEVS

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-ParmaSniper, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

Danean, to answer your question it was my dps that dropped. I was around 3.7k before the "Fixes". Our Assassin was well over 5k don't remember exactly what then wasn't following it as much. Several guildies saw the damage Assassin was doing and rolled Assassins for themselves. 2 of which have since passed me by. Along with a Swashy and a couple of Wizzies and occasionally a tank or two. After the fixes I dropped, don't remember how much and several others passed me by dps wise. So after the others passed me by I started getting put in the "left over group" which made my dps drop further.

The second in command of our guild is one of these guys that you can ask him anything about anything to do with this game and he will 90% of the time know it off the top of his head. He knows your character better than 75% of the players. He has I think 4 or 5 level 80 toons. Not counting his 5 level 80 crafters. He use to be r MT. But he hated playing a tank he just did it until someone else took over. He rolled a new toon and in like 90 days he was a 70(The cap back then) He is a Rotunga Assassin that is doing 5.3k. Didn't see him roll a Ranger. Matter of fact none of his toons r Rangers.

Sort of answered this question before. I pretty much ony play Rangers in any game. I picked Ranger for being a Ranger not for dps. However, in this game a Rangers ONLY job is Dps. Our mirror class is clearly Assassin. We both have the same job. Yet the Assassins are clearly superior to Rangers as far as dps go.I love to raid. Pretty much all I do in this game unless a new expansion is out. Raiding spots r very competivly saught after the way the game is set up. Until our Dev started fixing us, I could hold my own dps wise. Therefore securing a spot on the raid force. My spot is not nearly as secure since and I am often invited to raid because I have been in the guild so long and my guild is not all about being Uber. That being said they do want to start doing harder stuff. Is it only a matter of time before I'm not asked to raid any more because they have many other classes that will be more benifical than mine? Right now we usually have about 26-30 people able to raid on any given raid day. But alot of people r away and usually return come fall.

Go to the Assassin board. Not one thread over there complaing about anything. What does that tell you? Also someone asked over there which is better to play Ranger or Assassin. One Assassin answered thats really up to you but I have 3 friends who were Rangers and they all betrayed and he said he knew of others also who did. See any Assassins posting here how they betrayed to Ranger? Almost every board has complants about something on them. Not the Assassins.
  2. ARCHIVED-AdiX__Styxx__ Guest

ok first of all i agree that there are things wrong with our class and our dev has the wrong or a different idea about what we are supposed to be capable of and what we are supposed to be like!

on that note! I think if an assasin is doubling yer dps where you do 2500 and the assasin does 5000 then there is something wrong with you as a ranger ! in MC gear back b4 i started going hardcore raiding i was doing 4-5 k with no freaking buffs well maybe a strenght buff here and there but no IA no dirge no dehate nothing! i dont really have an assasin to compare with since the asssasin i got in my current guild does 6-20 k parses but he is geared to the teeth, and he has always some kinda sweet buff on him and there is nothing wrong with that at all in the end his dps helps our raidforce succeed just as much as mine does!

Now i have some better gear and when i get IA / dirge buffs zerker buffs whatever a dream group and the assasin does too.... then i am only like 1000-1500 dps behind him and i aint talking 2500 4000 im talking 12000 10500 something as a disparity! or on parry mobs like monks or bruisers maybe 9000 - 7500 cause of the lower hit ratio.....

Now if your parses are being doubled then yes you are doing something wrong badly i dont know what ya do i dont know how yer geared i dont know how ya compare to the assasin but ya gotta realize that rangers are one of the classes that is most dependant on gear after tanks to fullfill their jobs!

and b4 you actually respond think about what yer doing and try to improve whatever ya think ya can improve after ya did that read the first sentence i wrote and then reply!

PS: im not trying to flame ya or anything just trying to motivate you and other rangers to make the best of a bad situation and afterall being 1000-1500 dps behind our evil brethren seems fair to me after all they have to joust all AEs and their DPS drops cause of it we can remain shooting of CAs and AAs and soloing we have the upper hand by far ever seen an assasin one shot a mob from 50 m away........ no they gotta run over there and start bashing em with their weapons cause a bow attack wont one shot the mobs..... anyways GL with whatever yer gonna do!

Greetz tha styxxey
  3. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

AdiX__Styxx__ wrote:
    Pretty lame for you to come and post that after ALOT of help you have recieved from myself and 3-4 other top end rangers (which I wont name).
    Why dont you share the tips and help that you have recieved, instead of just spouting off that there is something wrong with them as rangers - since you sucked that bad less than 3 months ago, yes you have improved nicely in that time, just NOT to the tune your thumping your chest to.
  4. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

Venez, thanx so much for your reply. I had pretty much resigned of speaking any more on this thread after Adix post. I had realized that something wasn't right about stuff he was posting but wasn't sure what it was. Mostly the numbers he was spouting seemed quit inflatted and he didn't seem like he was coming off as trying to be helpful at all. It least Boramyr was at least trying to help. The MC gear doing 4.5k with no buffs seemed especially high. And 6k-20k for his Assassin is an alwful wide range.Not to mention 20k sounding kind of high. But maybe he is. And in the same sentence he says he dosn't have an Assassin to compare to, then he goes of and compares himself to one. So when he wanted to make a point he suddenly remembered the Uber Assassin of all time to help his point. So I just didn't want to get into it with him and his very condecending post.

Also he managed to take stuff I said out of context in an effort to, it seems to me bilittle me. My Assassin wasn't doubling my dps until I was put in the left over groups. I also said maybe the desparity in dps lessens once rangers get there mythicals and that might be the reason the higher end rangers arn't having as big a problem as the rest of us. He chose to ignore that I said this. He also took the attitude that I just all of a sudden became bad after the arrow change instead of the change and not being in good groups having something to with it.

Any way getting tired of typing the same stuff over and over only to be attacked by someone who wants to massage his ego.
    To be honest, I thought he was just an Assassin that came over here to put another whining Ranger in his place. It appears I was half right.

Laters
  5. ARCHIVED-AdiX__Styxx__ Guest

venez yes i had help from you and fromother top end rangers but on top of that i experimented a lot and i mean a lot with cast combos timers and timing both soloing and raiding also with AAs perfectionist you talked me out of and i tested it on parses this still does not mean that someone should overreact about how falthy the ranger class is and to a certain extent i did say there was something wrong with the ranger class! and it also does not mean that the only reason my dps or skill has increased just by talking to them, altough yes it did help!

The numbers i put up there ill explain something about those and yes they are accurate wether ya see the parses or not let me explain! When you are way in the back (which yes i agree is bad for yer DPS) ya wont show up at all well maybe for 1500 or so on someone else parse lets say the assasin while on your parse they wont show up! in elysium they call this venez parses and yes there are some jokes about ya going around and ive always defended ya but since ya shove my face in the dirt im not doing that no more.... anyways chemical or someone else may parse something in the channel which wont show me at all since they are max range and ill be up the butt of the mob trying to do the most dps while his doesnt show the assasins dps or mine accurately most of the time i run my own parser and compare the numbers he parses with the ones mine says ussually the ZW which have a big disparity between his parse and mine or the assasins since he parses occasionally too and im sure other people in raids parses are different too! so yea i try to avoid venez parses!

And no i was indeed hitting 4-5 k in mastercrafted gear (EH bow tho) in t7 wihtout any buffs ya never saw those parses so ya really cant say nothing about those heck ya didnt even know me back then stridure did tho and he can verify what im saying here but frankly i dont really care wether ya believe me or not yer info is just not accurate. So it hasnt just been 2-3 months of raiding for me i just havent played my ranger when t8 came out as much after i hit 80 cause the guild i was in wanted my chanter (/puke)...

On top of that no i never betrayed that was just an inside joke between stridure and me....plz get yer facts straight b4 even talking about anything!

One thing yer right about tho and thats the 10 k extra spike damage the assasin can do and yes i wont mention his name either but i bet people here will know who he is, but no he has had encounters were he in fact was not afk (grmbl afk doesnt even count) and he couldnt do more then 8 k ish or so but this was a fight right after a big spike fight so all his stuff is down so yea assasins cant spike all the time but if they do spike they are capable of spiking so much higher then rangers (remember my first sentence on my previous post?)

Lastly about the jousting yes we have to stay right on the mob for max dps and we have to joust with the assasin the difference is tho.....(am i really explaining this to you one of my mentors)
    that while yer running out you can keep autoattacking from range with yer bow sure the assasin can do the same but the mythical bow is much better then any dropped bow a assasin can obtain thats just a slight disparity tho now calculate in the combat arts assasin only has 3 ranged combat arts they can use while jousting while we can use how many.....??? yea i thought so common man be a lil more on the ball here.

And to borymir and all the other rangers yer more then welcome to send a /tell crushbone.styxxey if ya want some advice have questions or whatever if ya read my presious post again and think about it again its not condescending its not flaming its trying to motivate people so after ya read it yer gonna think W T F IF THAT GUY CAN DO IT WHY CANT I!!!! and test stuff and improve bits by bits!

PS: btw venez all of yer advice was nice at first but all of it was contradicted by other rangers i spoke too i combined your advice with the advice i got from others and got better results then just listening to you or the others i think that has to do with a certain playstyle....and it also has to do with gear rangers are after tanks the most gear dependant class to do their job.. so yea my guild helped me out a lot there!

Greetz tha styxxey
  6. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

blackdog1 wrote:
    Some of his numbers are sorta inflated. You can get 4.5k dps in mastercrafted, but I occasionally play a friends ranger that is in a casuel raid guild, he has slightly better than MC gear and I can spike him as high as 6.5 - key word is spike. Its not a everytime thing nor is it a zonewide thing.
    After playing his non-raid/casuel raid guild and geard ranger in some pretty iffy groups I tend to lean towards these type of rangers being around 2.5-3k ZWs, and in a good group Ive had his ranger around 4k-4.8k ZW,dont think I ever got 5k zw on his ranger. There raid DPS tends to be about 25k - 30k, so its not very high at all. Now this is me going from my ranger to his and I tend to believe I do well on my ranger..but thats just me =) . So someone that doesnt know what they are doing or has limited knowledge and skills, I would tend to think they would/could be up to a quite a bit lower. BTW: there assassin was about 6k zw +/-
    The mythical does do wonders for your DPS, but it will not bring you up to a assassins level if the players are equal/simularly skilled/geared and grouped. Back in like LU 38 when they merged the 1h/duel wield, the melee scouts recieved a HUGH bonus to there dps. Assassins DPS went thru the roof in RoK because of this boost while we had our arrows nerfed or as Aeralik likes to say, he fixed them so they showed the proper damage which amazingly was the exact same as what they were before the "fix". So we stayed nerfed our brother the assassin kept climbing, some of it due to the complete ignorance of the Dev team to put in equal +crit/da/ca bonus's as the melees and the hugh bonus they recieved in LU 38.
    The big numbers that Styxxey is refering to are flat out burns on short encounters. During this type of burn it is possible for a ranger to go 10k+, ive been at 14k on these types, as have alot of the top end raiding rangers,some of which I know have been higher. The time i hit 14k our assassin was at 19-20k, 2 wizzys were both 16k+. So even tho all these top rangers are able to put up pretty sick numbers at times, if they are with a equal played/geared assassin, they are behind them I would "guess" by up to 20%ish. This is just what ive seen from other top end rangers that have some pretty good assassins to compete with, where as in T7 we were slightly ahead, in T8 they are completly blowing everyone away, not just Rangers.
    It takes alot of tinkering with your CA order/timeing of your auto attacks to do good dps. That is just the tip of it tho, those are the basics. If you dont have decent gear you lower your dps, if you dont have a good group - you lower your dps. I used to tell all the rangers I talked with to make sure they had as much STR as they could get, then worry about +RC. Most of these players had a increase in there damage, it is still my personal belief that if you dont have good stats and start lowering them even more to gain a few crit% that you lower your dps. I also believe that if you want to do good dps while raiding that when you are soloing,grouping,doing instances that you "try" to run the same ca order / auto attack pattern that you would do in raids, dont play a non-raid style if your not raiding, practice,practice,practice its what every topend raid ranger does to try and get to the top.
    Sorry for rambling, ill try to be more coharent next time
  7. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

Lol, the only person in Ely to outparse me when I was there.....thats right the assassin. It didnt matter who parsed we were normally all withing a few points +/- of each other, the only time my parse was borked is when I had to stand out in left field to get the hit box ; gratz VP.
    Funny thing you say "all the others" say I was wrong,or contridicted me (maybe I am) but when we asked you for these great tips that you got, you wouldnt tell anyone in channel lol. Also why would you combine my advice with what others said, if I was so wrong ?Ive never seen any Ranger go from 4k zws to 10k zws in 2 months or any other class getting 8k+ on Maestro, except for you!

You are now my Hero and im just trying to emulate what you do so I can raise my ZW dps to your level, because its quite obvious your now above my skill level and im just trying to learn the tricks that you did
    Really Ill try to be nice in the future but I think your full of it /shrug
  8. ARCHIVED-dbmoreland Guest

blackdog1 wrote:
    I agree we are not "exactly" equal to an assassin at the max dps level. On the other hand I can do a LOT more than he can at 50m. And in many of the fights that I have been in that made a big difference.
    If I understand you correctly, you went from 3.7K to 2.8k when you left a "good group". Well as much as 800 of that can be just because you left the "good group". I know I can expect 6-800 just from a set of "good group" buffs, 200+ from IA alone. You can make up some of that loss with better gear (you are missing a few pieces of the best "easy to get" stuff) and perhaps some more of it by timing your CAs a little "better". The one thing that helped me the most was learning when to hit Focus Aim in relation to everyone else's debuffs (dispatch etc) and then getting in all of my best CAs during those 15 seconds.
    Another question for you, how are the other three assassins doing, are they putting out 5.3K as well? How about the other two rangers, are they sitting at 2.8K as well? In the end there are three things that effect how much DPS any character can do, how well geared he is, how much help he gets from others, and finally how good the player behind the toon is. All three have a huge impact, as much as 1K or more from each one.
  9. ARCHIVED-AdiX__Styxx__ Guest

venez when i was asked for those tips i was kinda busy when i did have time to talk about em there wasnt anyone left in the channel so no point then... i did say in the channel send me a tell later and yea a few rangers actually did send tells and ask questions or mailed me with em and i replied to all of em..... the previous post ya made makes a lot more sense and actually is accurate! so yer back on the ball again which is good! Did ya see the 8k parse from me on maestro or was it just what i told ya? cause really i cant recall telling ya that at all i did do 7141 dps on maestro tho! not 8 k and it was during the pot bug that gave +16 RDA to potions or 16 crit! i had if i recall correctly in that fight 96% crit and 79 RDA with 1100 strenght!

on a sidenote i never said yer advice was wrong of falthy i said the others were contradicting it i never elaborated on it yer just assuming things here but here ill bite and explain what i ment...

you told me like ya said in yer post that strenght is the most important stat this is true altough it is to a certain degree i noticed that as soon as ya go over 900 strenght that it isnt really worth getting more strenght over crits or RDA now after ya got 900 strenght then ranged crit becomes more important till ya reach around 75%+ once ya have this every extra crit increase wont do as much anymore compared to RDA it will still help but now ranged double attack is more important in other words if yer a non raid ranger your advice is solid if yer a raid ranger ya will have acces to a lotta gear that will eventually get yer strenght so high that its not worth getting more! While your exact wording was strenght get strenght and do not sacrafice strenght for ranged crit or rda!

reason a ranger should go for crits first over rda is that if ya get a rda wihtout critting it it would still be a really poor AA if it actually crits it would do like twice the damage of a rda wihtout a crit! think about that a lil then test it for yerself and see what results ya come up with!

So something else i said in my previous post was that rangers are highly dependant on gear after tanks, ya can compare it with mages and their spells if they run around with apr 1 they will suck with m1 they will own. Rangers need M1s well or at least adept 3 and gear that helps a ton sure mages need that too but still! so togheter with my testing stuff and toddling around with stuff to improve my gear kept improving too giving me more options etc more options means more dps!

Oh and cant really compare manaburn with sustained pred dps can ya?

But yea we are still behind but with the tools we do have we can still do really well if ya push it, and to me ranger is still since i ever created this toon the most enjoyeable class broken or not falthy or not!
  10. ARCHIVED-Lodor Guest

Its a matter of gear and buffs. All things being equal an assassin will outparse a ranger by maybe 5-10%.
    But that doesnt mean a ranger is not doing their dps job. A mythical ranger with lets say 30% range DA and 60% range crit and 30ish melee crit self buffed should be doing in the neighborhood of 4kish zonewide on raids where they get no outside buffs at all.
    But take the same ranger and give them IA, bard buffs and some other random buffs they can zonewide 6-8k depending on the zone.
    I have been on both ends of the stick. In a vp guild with and without buffs and in pick up raids with no buffs. There is a lot more to this issue then just being a ranger.
  11. ARCHIVED-AdiX__Styxx__ Guest

couldnt have said it better lodor
  12. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

You mention somethings I can change. I have given up lots of str for RC. Somewhere between 50-100str.So you say Str is much more important?Have noticed that when my str buffed is over 900 I do way better than when it's in it normal 750- 850 buffed Range. Self buffed str is 657 no potion.Havent been grouping much lately. Little burnt out on the game and raiding 2-3 times a week is about all I can handle so not much practising time or getting better equipment. That will increase though as weather cools. I always slack in the summer.

As I explaned earlier, its hard for me to experiment because I'm always in a different group make up. One thing I have been trying out is saving all my big hitters for when Killing Instinct and focus r both up and running but I read somewhere that I should split them and not use them at the same time because of a cap. So am I better served hitting killing then focus then all the big MAs or focus Big MAs then killing big MAs repeat as avaible. Also not sure on this one, I noticed that I seemed to be doing better damage using Bodkins. I know the general idea is field points but many a fight I'm hitting 98.5% and up often a 100% with the fields. The last time I used the bodkin, the hit % wasn't all that lower and I seemed to be doing better damage over all. But that was awhile ago and it is impossible to check raid wide as I have stated. So whats your thoughts?

The other 3 Assassins are in the 4.5k-4.8k range. Mind you I'm talking zone wide numbers not spikes. And as you probally know I tend to do much better on named mobs that we know how to kill. Still not near the top Assassin but sometimes the next dps on the parse if other Assassins arn't there. The other two Rangers rarely play any more and I easily out dps them but I have much better gear than them too. The one that played most recently was close to my gear and I usually beat him by around .5 k raid wide. But he hasn't showed since the arrow fix. just before or after. Forgot which.

Thanx for your help guys I have no problem hearing ways to improve my character but if your spoken down too like a child I'm sure you see how it can make you defensive and unrecptive to advice. My whole argument was how much the Assassin was out dpsing us and the fact that they r doing it by such a wide margin. Some posters, once I got past my stuberness, made me see I can try some things to make it better but not wipe it out. Which is what I am complaing about that the dps difference is there at all. I can accept that your a better player than me. I can't accept the game not letting me play on an even field with my sister class.

Adix, I came here to complain about what I percieved to be an unfair advantage Assassins have over Rangers. Some posters made me see that I had some misconceptions and I was maybe doing things wrong. Which in itself is a little hard to swallow at first. I am still under the conclusion that we are less than Assassins and that is wrong but it probally isn't as much as I thought. No on has really answered me as far as this problem being greatly rectified by r Mythical bow. Is it possible that because I don't have my Mythical I am seeing a greater difference in dps than you guys?Then I read your first post to me. And though you may have not ment to do it, the way you worded things really got my back up. Instead of saying yes there is a dps difference but try doing this. You decided to jump on me for doing half the damage of our Assassin totaly disrearging that I said that was after I was put in the bad groups.You totaly came off as an elitest player coming down from his heavenly perch to chastise a mere human for not being as great as himself. Needless to say I found that very hard to swallow.
  13. ARCHIVED-AdiX__Styxx__ Guest

sry if ya took it that way man didnt mean it like that at all as i explained earlier but yes after ya get yer mythical the disparity between the classes is smaller but is still there ZW the differences are a lot smaller tho also cause of the explanations i gave....

yer right about the cap on killing and focus dont stack em best ya can do is spread em all out the only things ya can stack or slightly overlap is honed and focus but thats cause honed lasts so long so use focus use everything ya wanna use while its up then use honed when it runs out and b4 honed runs out focus should have popped back up i think twice or so use killing somewhere in between focus since honed is haste and killing is dps!

I am in no means even close to an elitist btw im still improving every day and learning stuff myself every day again if ya want advice toss me a tell crushbone.styxxey if i aint raiding im willing to help!
    altough since ya dont have much practise time that might be a big reason for the big disparity too!
  14. ARCHIVED-Osp Guest

When I say get your str up first, its more along the lines of me thinking about 800-850+, since that is normally a pretty big goal for the more casuel / lower tier raiding ranger. Yes not everyone can lots of time to run instances every day and try to farm the items that get them to the 800 - 900+ str marks that many full time raiders get pretty easy. What I tend to see is the "normal" type ranger running around with 600-700 str in there raids and have on gear that has 0 Str, and +2 rc. To me that is a mistake, when I used to try that my dps was always lower than when I would have 800-900 str and 50%crit over 650str and 58% crit, it was only realisticly probably in the 200-300 dps differance, but in the big picture, thats alot of dps to lose, imo.
    All I can say is try it for yourself, I dont recall anyone telling me there dps didnt go up after doing so, most told me it helped.
    Like Styx said tho, once you start getting up near the 850-900ish mark, I would lean more towards the +ranged crit while keeping my str near that number. RC is easier to achieve as well as affecting all your Ranged CAs so you get a better overall boost in dps than if you go more towards the double attack. If you can get the DA without sacrificing your Str goal and RC then hop all over it. In most raids with any type of decent group your Str should be around that 850+ number, so you should be all set (hopefully), its much easier once you start getting differant gear to swap in and out for those groups.
    For arrows, I use the field points full time, maybe you can get away without the +to hit in the lower tier zones, but when you start shooting at those high orange mobs you most certainly want the +to hit from the field points. I dont switch from them ever simply because on extra miss from the bodkins can easily wipe out any +damage they might have had,since a miss can = up to 12k+, and to me thats just to much to chance.
    You will notice a big differance in your auto attack timeing from self buffed haste, to 100%+ haste. below 100 you will more than likely get 3 CAs in between auto attacks, 100+ and you will be more near the 2 CAs depending on the casting speeds of which ones you use in what order. Try not to use your melee CAs when you have Focus Aim going, its just that much more time you could have had on a ranged CA.
    Noone is addressing the mythical question becasue, yes its a upgrade and will get you closer, but the assassins mythical has a better damage rateing as well as a better damage proc, and is really a bigger boost to them %wise than ours is to us. So they will pull a little further ahead after you both get them
  15. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

I just checked the broker sun. and when I checked now I bought 5 new items,4 of which wern't on there Sun. Thanx again guys and sorry for the misunderstanding. I just did a little shopping and managed to get my str up to 719 without the str potion while keeping my RC at 42%. Also another 27 str when str ring goes off. Also was able to add another 105 CA damage. Ranged double is a lame 14% but thats up 4 from what it was. I could get Str another 10 higher but it would cost me 2 RC thought that probly wasn't worth it. I should be around the 900 level str wise most raids if I get any buffs at all when I use the str potion.

One more question, after the change in conservastion, is it worth dumping it and picking up perfectionist instead? I tried that build out a month or so ago but my dps went down but that was before the conservastion change.

Bah one more even though I think I know the answer I just hate giving it up. I have the coiled steel shoulder gaurds with no str and +5 ranged crit. should I use the Incarnadine melodic mantle with 30 st and +45 CA damage over it? All the time,never or when my str is a little low in the raid? When i don't use it it drops my RC to 37%

Just added another 30 str and 135 CA damge at the cost of 5 RC and 2 fabeled and one legendary peices of armour.

Thanx again.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lodor Guest

Arm slot is a bit tricky for rangers since all the ones with good mods seemingly have 0 str on them.
  17. ARCHIVED-AdiX__Styxx__ Guest

look at it this way if ya can get a strenght item in there that gives ya 10 str per 1 rcrit then go for strenght as long as yer lower then 900 solo the 900 solo means that when yer raiding yer ussually like 1000 or so which means crits become more important if ya have a shoulder item that gives 50 strenght to compensate for the 5 crit then go for it if not i would stick to the coiled steel shoulders till ya get something better and the only things i can think of tbh that are better are avatar shoulders whihc not a lotta rangers have acces too or the ones that drop from dominus rile in rillis!

i dont really understand the other question why would it matter how conservation changed to pick it over perfectionist arent they two seperate trees yer kinda confusing me with that so plz clarify what yer trying to ask plz, maybe its just me!
  18. ARCHIVED-blackdog1 Guest

Ok will try to clerify. Before conservation changed we were getting +16 RC from Tactics potion. Or so I've been told. Mine only said +8 when I used it but whatever. Now we r getting +4.8% RC from potion after change. I have all 70 used in Ranger AA trees. 60 AA in preditor trees. But if I respec both trees I can munipulate it so I can get perfectionist in the preditor tree along with everything I have now at the cost of losing conservation and 1 or 2 points in assorted non critical areas.

So basically is it worth getting the 50% reuse timer reduction of shower of arrows and sniper shot along with 15% damge boost to those two MAs at the cost of losing the .8 critical boost and the other stuff conservation gives. potion triggers is not a giant deal for me as I have a alchey to make them.
  19. ARCHIVED-gfxdk Guest

I only read the first couple of words. If you know you need to be in a certain range when casting coverage ... why aren't you in that range ? dont cry, when it's you who don't know how the CA works to be honest.
  20. ARCHIVED-dbmoreland Guest

blackdog1 wrote:
    While I agree it is hard to experiment with raid groups that keep changing, you can determine what casting order and gear choices work best in general simply by killing "the wall" in KJ. This is a "fixed" target that will let you try different things to see what works best. While not everything will transfer to fighting all raid mobs, you can get a good idea what works and what doesn't.
    Instead of comparing yourself with the single best player in your guild (by your own admission) perhaps you should compare yourself with one of the other "regular" assassins. If you worked on your gear a little, refined your game play a little and got back into a "good group" you should come close to the 4.5K the "other" assassins are doing. And if you are doing "much better on the named mobs" and at worse #4 on the parse, you should not have a problem getting a spot in a raid. Yes the assassins will beat you on the parse vs the majority of the mobs, the "trash" mobs in a zone. That is the kind of fight an assassin does best on. However on a long 2+ min named fight where you must stay at range for at least part of it rangers do their best. We are not equal, we are similar. We both do very very good melee DPS. We just do it better vs different kinds of mobs. That is why we are BOTH needed in a raid.
    So don't worry about being outparsed by an assassin on the type of fight they are designed to work best on, short, up close and personal. Worry if you cannot outparse an assassin on the type of fight YOU are designed to work best on, a long RANGED fight.
    Good luck.