T2 zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mercychalice, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

Don't pay too much attention to Revanu, he over-exaggerates how easily he clears content. I remember a few expacs ago he was saying that he and his friends were duoing T2 raid content 2 weeks after launch, when most full guilds hadn't even cleared them yet. So, take him with a grain of salt.

As far as the T2 situation, get better gear, be better players. The content isn't meant to be cleared by everyone right away. If you're having trouble clearing the content, keep gearing up and working to complete it. Not all content can be designed to be cleared by all people right off the bat. There is a skill gap and some players are going to need waaaay more gear than others to complete the same content.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

Except that we cleared all heroics in a few days, go check disco dates champ. next.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

Weird, I see the Rune disco a week after launch.... Not 3-4 days after launch.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

My fault the difference 2-3 days is a huge over exaggeration. My fault man. When you play a t1 class and aren’t a total dumpster fire, maybe you’ll understand. Have fun. Thanks champ.
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Hahahahaha. It seems I touched a nerve. Someone's salty AF.
  6. Revanu Well-Known Member

For sake of comedy, yea man you touched a huge nerve. Really wish I was as mediocre as you. Maybe one day. Thank you for revealing the truth to me. You are just an angel. Xoxoxo
    Kioske likes this.
  7. Magmag Active Member

It's a fact that people were clearing T2 zones within a few days and getting their fervor runes shortly thereafter. I also was in vent with the dude while he was soloing T1 heroics yesterday. Just because you're not able to do something doesn't mean it can't be done. A lot of people don't seem to understand that. He's right about people just selling all the loot and zone clears if they nerf T2. It's already not hard at all to duo/trio all but a handful of T2 named mobs...
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Magmag Active Member

Great job on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense. Top notch response. You really roasted me.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Anatha Active Member

I am geared and infused and have been working on getting my ascensions leveled, etc, etc, etc. I run solos to break down stuff for infusions so I can get the new orange runes. I never liked pugging but we don't have a lot of people in our guild that can make it through T1s let alone T2s. So I pug. I can't find pug groups. I put my message in general and LFG chats and get nothing. The couple of T1 pugs I have been in have failed. My guild hasn't even been able to take down a raid boss yet. This is definitely something new for me. Heroics have not been this tough in my memory. ToT, KA, PoP. All heroics were doable for my guild. This expac, not so much.
    kerry likes this.
  10. Thand Well-Known Member

Part of the Problem is people want to Ignore scripts and Ignore adds and just Strait Burn the name. them complain when they loose. for example alot of people have trouble with the last to bosses in Fire t2 or the last name in Air event. i have have people Swear yo need 25 billion dps min to kill them.
    I have brought pugs in there and cleared All t2's with group wides as low ate 5Bill dps. yes it takes longer if you concentrate Mainly on the adds but a win is a win. It all comes down to what you think is more important A Quick fail or a Slow Win. In my experience the 2 easiest t2's for getting gear are Earth then Water. People would rather bang there head and die in fire t2 or Air event over and over than spending the extra 15 20 minutes per zone in Earth and Water t2's getting their gear up. If you can burn the bosses down ignoring scripts and adds all power to you. Just don't assume Every group will be like that this early in the expansion. Not everyone has access to raid gear in fact alot less this expansion that last
    Kioske likes this.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

In an MMO the difference between 3 days (as he said he had his fervor rune already) and 7 days (which was the actual number of days before the first fervor runes were disco'd) is astronomical. Especially when people like Rev play the first 48 hour of an expac with zero sleep as they grind with an obsession. So no, it's not a fact what Rev said was true. It's clearly a fact that he was over exaggerating his accomplishments to make himself feel like he's some digital badass.

What is the deal with you guys personally attacking people just because you feel inadequate? I haven't had a problem with doing zones in this expansion, I just don't feel the need to come to these forums and say "you guys all suck, I was doing this stuff 2 days after the expac dropped because I'm hella amazing and you SUCK!!" It's not productive to the conversation. It's simple to just say "Not all the content is meant to be blistered through by every person on the game" and it's not a personal attack on anyone.
    Dude likes this.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

Digital badass, I like it. Anything else slick?

Your psychoanalysis is spot on. Keep the therapeutic drivel coming. Need more assistance in combating the disease.
    Kioske likes this.
  13. Magmag Active Member

Nothing in my post was a personal attack, though that's certainly what you deserve for the way you've talked to me on these forums.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Arclite Well-Known Member

Right. This is coming from a player who started afresh in CD having missed majority of PoP and has not raided since KA and then buying the expansion in December 2018. In short, i logged on, sold/discarded all of the gear i was wearing and bought mastercrafted gear (non-visionary) and max plat infused everything. I was around 100 mil hp and about 51k potency if i recall correctly at this stage on day 1. I was skpetical of doing a pick-up group so decided to get a feel for a group zone by tagging along with a guild group (experienced top-tier players etc.). T1 that i did during my first week of play was a breeze given the dps i had in the guild group and one of the zone i half did with the healer being afk for a short period whilst I was still pulling stuff, using defense saves to survive and kill stuff.Things were fairly different in a random PUG though.

Take home message from few weeks in CD:

T1/t2 heroics: A breeze if you are in a well-organised group with good players with good gear/stats, with solo healer etc.

T1/t2 heroics: Not a breeze if you are in a low potency/low resolve group etc.

In terms of difficulty of the zones/content: Bulwark as a tank is just an inconvenience and nothing more personally. I hoped it worked consistently (sometimes that thing seems to not work). Yes trash hits hard and can still floor you if you are not paying attention.

I attempted t2 as soon as i made the resolve check but still had about 63k potency at the time and it was fairly tough, the incoming damage with bleedthrough effects and random (most annoying) 1 shot auto attacks from nameds did made it laborious to get through. First run through elements of rage took about 1 hour 45 minutes but that was most likely due to the group setup, the group overall potency/dps. We followed scripts to the T and got through. The next couple of runs were a lot easier since I had geared up and was grouping with guild more regularly. This led to completing all of t2 zones within an hour or so.

In conclusion, the t2 zones are fun, for lack of a better word, as they are because they provide some sort of a challenge as opposed to what we have got over the last half a decade. Yes bulwark is there to make tanks viable, random hits are annoying (i wish there was some prior warning of an incoming attack though) and majority, if not, all of t2 zones are either straight dps/heal through fight to overcome the script (nothing new here) or follow script if you don't have enough dps.

Right now, i have no raid gear at all except through brute force grinding managed to get all t2 heroic gear and seem to be doing just fine. I still lag behind in potency/ascension or class spell upgrades compared to those who have most stuff on Ancient level now so its not like i am building on some previous foundation. My effectiveness due to that is probably diminished in raids but in heroic content it is ok.

The only major challenge i find is to get them plats lol. You need money to stay afloat (infusion/spell upgrades etc.) That needs a definite nerf. I mean the broker is just way too OP.
    Magmag likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

DBG can't do squat about how players price things on the broker.

You can, however, acquire tons of stuff more affordably. First, do not buy crafted stuff from the broker... go out and harvest your own rares, refine them yourself, and then either craft it yourself or commission a crafter to make the stuff for you (and tip that crafter well, you may want them to craft for you again). You can experiment on mastercrafted armor someone else has made.

If you absolutely do not craft, well, then you have made a personal decision to get fleeced. You can still harvest your own rares and commission crafters, though I expect it's a little more difficult to hire a crafter to experiment on stuff for you (I personally won't do it for others because of the risk of losing the object). Someone else can only experiment on an item if it is NOT ATTUNED. And if you have the rares, you can commission a sage, alchemist, or jeweler to make those spell upgrades, just like you can anything else.

There's quite a bit of gear that can boost your harvesting skills, and Vegarlson is pretty easy to harvest without catching aggro.

An additional consideration is the Nails of Harvesting and Celestial Nails of Harvesting... yes, these are crafted and require that you be a 110 level tradeskiller to use them, but they boost your Bountiful Harvest (chance to harvest twice per pull) 5% or 5.5%. If you get some level 95 armor, it all has two white slots, so you could potentially do chest, legs, and feet from level 95, each with two of the nails, and get 30-33 additional Bountiful Harvesting that way (hat tip Edrickx on Maj'Dul).

Infusions? Well, again, you're going to do lots better if you get your own salvaged infuser fragments and craft the infusers yourself, or commission a crafter to do them for you. Run lots of solos and smash all the trash loot to get fragments. Yes, you have to be a crafter somewhat over TS level 93 to be able to get the TS Prestige AA to be able to Salvage, but think of all the money you'll save!
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

Just....No...Just No..../shakes head
  17. Anatha Active Member

We are almost 2 months into this expac now. First update yesterday since the holidays. Nothing has changed. My guildies can't make it through T2 heroics. We have killed some contested raid mobs. They seem easier than T2 heroics! I can't get a pug group on my server for T2s. I am well geared and have been plat infusing everything. I only have one new orange adorn because when I run solos and break down gear, I get mostly powders. I am used to running heroics to get fabled gear to break down for the infusions. Most of my ascensions are GM now except for the 16 through 20. Prices on the broker for the pages is too high for my blood and I can't get them to drop in solos. Ascensions still seem to be the main thing for dps. Master drops for rangers last expac in raids were few and far between so most of my CAs are still expert. I don't have the real cash to buy hundreds of dollars worth of DC cash to get them all the GM. BTW during guild groups and raids, I am in the top 4 for dps.
  18. Fistpower Well-Known Member

The fact that you cant find T2 PUG zones isnt because the zones are too hard.

Its because of:

1) People dont PUG a lot in EQ2 and they have not for several years.
    2) EQ2 has an extremely low population and no LFG tool, so people usually run stuff with guildies at set times.
    3) People are lazy and refuse to improve their gear enough, so an already small playerbase is even smaller for this particular content
    4) Most people in this game can't do script fights and even less people know how to play their class the right way.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Debbie Downer!
  20. Anatha Active Member

I have to disagree with the statement from Fistpower. Last summer during the ethereal runs, I was able to pug every day and people were always in groups either in guild or out of guild. This expac's heroics are the toughest I have ever seen. Now, granted I have only been playing in a guild since AoM, but things have gone downhill for this expac. Almost two months in and I haven't even finished a monthly heroic quest let alone weeklies for more than T1.
    Breanna likes this.