T2 zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mercychalice, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

ARE NOT FUN. These *need* to be tempered down by at least 20%. Even raid-geared groups are having a lot of trouble getting through these zones. They're ridiculous hard hitting. I've personally witnessed dual healers healing over combined 600mil HPS on the mistral trash mobs in the aerie. C'mon now. Trash? That's insane. The Xochentula and Prosperion fights? Almost no one can get through them. Same with the last boss of the Elements of Rage zone. And the health balance of Wrathflame? And the near constant mezzes of the trash mobs in the Marr zone?

These zones are not fun. These combinations of strategies are things I expect to see on raid bosses, not in heroic zones. Combine that with the new tank buff that demands every group must have a tank, and the stupidly hard mana drains, finding a group is close to nil. I can count the number of successful T2 groups I've had on less than half of one hand. T1 groups are almost a finger more successful as PUGs. I don't mind busy or complicated fights, but these things mostly are hitting for way more than most people can ward or heal through. Please, scale back these fights some.
    Dude, Holyduke, semisus and 1 other person like this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

Could remove the tornados in Prosperion fight - Reduce the dmg from spiders/air elements trash in arie
    Give more time inbetween waves of adds on named encounters in all the zones - if you dont have enugh aoe dps going on its really not fun - some fights are worse than others like the trials of air and the last named in elements of rage
    Look at the one shot mechanic that some nameds do
    Make it so memwipe doesnt happen at the same time as you get adds

Stuff like this would help the more casual grps , ive done all the zones and enjoyed em but also tried with a less powerful grp its not fun then
  3. Revanu Well-Known Member

A month into xpac and you already want t2 nerfed? T1 was nerfed in 2 weeks. I guess it’s fair for t2 2 weeks later..
  4. semisus Does not play this game

Well probably best to do it now than to wait and see people unsubscribe isent it?

If they had given us challenge versions of the heroics i wouldent disagree , heck it could be harder than it is now and people like me would be running those now

Point is they shouldent design normal heroics around raiders which is obvius they did this expansion
    Meneltel likes this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

You know, if I had not spent literally all day, from 4:30 in the morning until 8pm, my raid time, looking for a group (and yes, on a weekend, no less), and to log off after raid ended, with having done literally no group, a month after expansion drop, I would not have complained.

But as it is, I still do not see the general public successfully making it through Tier 1 groups, much less T2. I have seen exactly 2 successful PUG groups this week. Both were full of raiders I know. This is the only way they were successful, they knew each other, and how each other worked together, and were able to do enough damage to get through the zones.

This is not a good group ratio for gaming. It needs to be 2000% better than that. If changing or modifying strategies is what it takes, then yes, I am going to ask for it. I like to play a game to be social, and have fun. What is happening right now, is neither, and deserves to be fixed. However, I'm not going to say it's just all stupid. No. I am going to tell the developers which fights are problematic, and ask them to take their time to resolve the matter. I'll wait. I'm fairly patient.

Heroic zones should be a casual, comfortable mix between the returning casual player and the hardcore raider. There needs to be a good, solid middle ground. Right now, these zones are not it. They can be made better. Communication is essential for there to be made known there is a problem to begin with. So yes, Revanu. I'm asking for modifications.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

because raiders infuse their gear, raiders maybe work to get better spell quality (not all raiders buy their spells with $)

T2 shouldn't be casual. that's why it's T2

T2 should be harder than T1 and would need you to be better geared but also try better.

If you want casual, do solos or do T1 (and even then). Heroic shouldn't be casual. Shouldn't mean it's top tier challenging but not casual either.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

some people don't do heroic coz they fear they may not be good enough ... well ... as usual .. there is no excuses. Since we all had to change gear to meet resolve requirements, except in how fast you manage to get your resolve, any player could meet the resolve/potency requirements to do groups.

maybe it's a lack of class knowledge or lack of infusing, but anybody should be able to.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

Well considering t2 was cleared within 3-4 days of of expac launch when we all started getting the new heroic fervor rune, the entire argument of being better geared is out the window since no matter what, we all had a new slate of gear to meet resolve checkpoint.

Another note is having the wherewithal to understand the encounters and ways to circumvent certain roadblocks, ie bird mobs spel spray ornincinerate in t2 air. Or taking that extra 6 seconds to kill a stone of thudos knowing it’ll heal anything within proximity. I really hope they don’t nerf t2. Then people will start soloing $/or duoing them like they are t1 now...
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

6 seconds to kill a stone of Thudos you say? I laugh sir. I wonder if you have played with the general public, or only people you know? Keep in mind, there are folks outside yourself. I have withheld through PUGs who have taken a full 20 minutes to kill a trash mob, and hour plus fighting one named, before the zone was called and people walked away in frustration. Bear in mind, not everyone is in a top raiding guild. Some folks just want to be able to get through A zone without going bald or being completely disgusted with each other.

Not all of us started getting the new heroic fervor rune within days of clearing the expansion. There are still more people I know without it than with. And yes, I understand that T2 heroics should be more complicated than T1. I don't mind complexity added to the zones. DO NOT MISUNDERSTAND ME. However, heroics should be also obtainable for players, who say, have lives - you know, work, school, children, etc. and only a few hours a day (I'm going to go with at least 4 hours, to make this fair for a solid investment of folks who play after work, before they go to bed, as many I know do) to work on their toon.

Let me lay this out and make it known: I have spent 16+ hours a day on this game every day, since Faydwer. I am a hardcore player, who groups with both guildmates, and the general public, who solos, groups, and raids, with more than enough time on her hands. This is the worst I have EVER seen grouping, in my entire 12, almost 13 years of playing. 98% of the people who I play this game with, do not have the time I do, and even I am having trouble making it work. That being said, it's a problem, and it needs to be addressed.
    Meneltel, kerry and Seefar like this.
  10. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Its not so much the zones being hard. Its more about having so few players, and the few who cares about challenging content run the content in guild group. This has been a thing for a decade in EQ2.

Other than that, there are very few players left in the game that knows how to play their classes optimal and knows how to do script fights.

Plenty of other issues than zones being "too hard" - Which they absolutely are not.
  11. Spartanec Member

This is normal difficulty for this zones
    Lesser bosses have 58000 combat mitigation. Final boss ~68000. If you haven't 73000 + (75000 +) potency fight will be "neverending". Some people have 73000+ potency but haven't skill. Don't need decrease difficulty, beacause Celestial Spell book=very rare book.
    Six day i can't complete "midnight aerie". One group haven't dps, second - heal, third - cannot gathering. Channeler, defiler, illusionist, conjuror, ranger & shadow knight complete "midnight aerie". Time in zone ~2 h. Celestial spell book up.
    Ragna likes this.
  12. Zule Member

if you look at threads from early PoP, people had been calling to nerf Ro challenge EH zone all the same.

But I'd say this is xpac design problem. Devs apparently expect that by merely introducing the resolve limits, players can tell what content difficulty is fit for their gear/skill/group.

Thats not the case. Everone want to beat everything and loot everything, thats what the game is all about. If can zone in, you want to win.

Which is why I liked the concept of Cow zone and Guk zones. You couldnt attepmt the harder one without beating the easier one, difficulty change was not as steep as now T1->T2 so you knew what to expect.
  13. Twisty Well-Known Member

Completing T2s is too hard for a pickup group - i really don't think anyone would argue with this. That's the angle you really should press, not that "they're too hard" in general because people that beat them find them refreshing. And some of them are less hard than others. I don't think Rev wants to pug Rage or Aerie either :) Thou it is of course easier to carry group as a monk this xpac than any other class. The issue with your OP is wording - the encounters you specifically called out are indeed what will stop 99% of pugs, and not anything that anyone-who-beat-them would want to get involved with in a pug either unless they're in "just give it to me, i want to feel the pain everyone else feels" mood.

For example, my pretty balanced semi-pug group couldn't finish Council. It was sad but refreshing. We could've beaten it probably with several more attempts, but pug groups dont deal well with failure on top of all other cards stacked against them vs a pre-made group. Still that's a far cry from "T2s are too hard".

Ideally they leave the current T2s as is or make them slightly harder and convert that into "Challenge" zones and create toned versions for normal T2s. Celestial quest would require Challenge zones to complete, 55 fervor rune can stay on normal-T2 completion. But all this is hella unreasonable amount of dev work I see 0 chance of happening, so nerfs is the only thing I see possible, and you aint gonna get a buy-in for nerfs to something we like as is :(
    Magmag likes this.
  14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I wish there was a delete post button.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Honestly. Neither one of tanks in our raid guild likes Midnight Aerie at all. So when they complete their own one time run for a t2 weekly they basically try to avoid to go there again. The zone is stupidly hard. And it's with guild members. Majority of us already geared with resolve to take on t2 raid names (we killed yesterday 2 t2 names in contested raid zone) but still have troubles with t2 heroics. It is ridiculous. I've already resigned that I am going to miss on my first ancient spell quest b/c I cannot fnish t2 weekly. 32 days are almost gone. Oh well such as life. But it is ridiculous that people with resolve of 1334 still cannot finish any t2 heroics. Though devs claimed people could.
    Meneltel and Ragna like this.
  16. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Devs didn't claim resolve meant success. You just need that much to overcome 1 mechanic, not every mechanic.

You have to get your gear pumped up as well- plat infuse, infuser infuse, even if it isn't 70 resolve.
    Then you may do better.

After the Prospero changes (and there are even more now) I don't mind Midnite Aerie at all- but I'll want strong heals, a good powerfeed, and decent DPS before I'll be wanting to tank it. A group whose only claim to readiness is enough resolve is not going to cut it.
  17. Twisty Well-Known Member

And devs were right. Plenty people did (plenty doesn't mean majority or even large %). They were just above average in some combination of skill, preparedness, determination and communication. The question is whether that should be the target entry point to heroic T2s or not, and honestly the jury is out on that. The ideal solution of delegating that difficulty to a special set of explicitly marked "Challenge" zones requires a lot of extra work :(

I guess a really quick, cosmetic solution, that would quell at least _some_ of unhappiness is simply mark Elements of Rage and Midnight Aeirie as [Challenge] zones in their current states and drop them from the 55fervor-rune achievement requirements. Keep Celestial book locked behind the [Challenge] zones though. I think that's a good compromise solution.
  18. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Unless you are ready to clear all T1 raid mobs and get the upgraded version, the blue rune is of questionable value- since you get some fervor but to put it on a weapon you give up a big chunk of crit bonus.

So really as is is fine, since it isn't a must have item until you are ready for much more.
  19. Twisty Well-Known Member

We agree then. Thus i said it's a cosmetic solution, smoke and mirrors to quell dissatifaction from failing. Though actually I'll point out that you're probably forgetting most people struggling with T2s are using CD mainhand to get to t2 heroic resolve, so the blue 55ferv will be a really good item for the target demographic.
  20. semisus Does not play this game

Too be honest ive done all the t2 zones several times , what seems to kill us most is not people's inability to follow scripts its the stupid auto attack mechanic like burn-zap whateever they called that just 1 shots the tanks
    A tank only has so many temps and death prevents cant cover all this